New Player

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hello all.

New player here.. Due to hours I mainly play on the EU servers. So far enjoying the game. Looking for a friendly guild to join but it seems that the newbie areas at the beginning of the game are rather empty. How's the overall population?

Either way any suggestions for a casual player? :)

See you guys online

• Hi)

The newbie areas are quite empty, but new players still come to play, from time to time.

And with some luck, you can eventually find yourself some friends to play with)

But here is one issue - from my point of view - 90% players want to level up very fast, skippind game contents, just to reach 100+ lvl, where the "real game" is)

(later some of them doesn't know all their skills, game basic, and asking "child" questions, but that's another story ?()

And because of it, it's not easy for the newcomers find a party to dungeon at the begining...

Just because "running" throw the dungeons being 10+ level higher, with "super" gear, and alone - the fastest way...

But not all players like the "fast way", some of them still like the "classical" way of playing)

And I'm one of them) :)

You see, I think about Runes of Magic like a MMO-game) surprise 8|

Not "I run dungeons alone in 5 minutes", but "I was in all dungeons by it's level, with party")

That's not fast, and you doesn't kill the bosses in 1 second, but it's more challenging and interesting way to complete dungeons)

Especially with friends)

Especially when you see the game for the first time)

So - you can ask in zone chat, someone can help you.

Because it's way more interesting way, to play with friends)

Once more - for the 100+ level players that will read this - that's only my opinion, how i see this.

And there is no "right", or "wrong" playing.

Everyone chose how to play for himself.

Play as you like, and how you like, the main idea is getting fun) 8)

• Hi scorp-

My advise- read the quest dialogs. Enjoy the story lines. Take your time. You will pick up quests for Forsaken Abbey, leave them if you don't have anyone to run with. You can solo them later. A guild will find you. Someone will post "recruitment advertisements" in world chat. Join when you see it, but don't worry about it.