Can't run launcher

• Hi, new player here, and I tried to google my problem before taking it to you guys, and actually found a thread on this forum about it but when I clicked on it it redirected me to a page about the game's upcoming steam release.

So here's my problem. The launcher was running fine at first and I was even able to run the game but despite entering my username and password correctly the game said there was an error when I was inputting them and wouldn't let me log in to the US servers. Figuring the problem might be that I'm in Canada, I switched my region to Europe, and the game gave me a whole bunch of german servers. I was hoping to be able to play the game with English speakers though, so I again exited and switched my region to Australia. When I logged in this time, the game said my region didn't match the servers or something, so I decided I'd go back to the European region, and quit. But now I can't open the launcher. Every time I try I get an error message that says "can't download ClientUpdate.zip"

how can I fix this and switch the launcher back to the one region that seems to work without problems?

• Ah lol the Australian server is still a option think it was shut down like 4 years ago :D pretty much no comment

the reason why you are having problems is that you are in a limbo since that server doesn't exist

you need to dig up a file called RuneDev should be located in you runes of magic folder

open it and change the australian server to:

[Server]

Ip=rom-eneu-srv.runewaker.com

yes this is EU but should let you change now to USA and stop the problem

and for your original problem you must have registered on the EU side if you only can login to EU

to play on US you need to register again on http://us.runesofmagic.gameforge.com very convenient and most newbies fall on that trap

SoVvjsU.png

• Doesn't work because client is still set to AU,which automatically updates the runedev it'll automatically default to AU still. I believe if someone from eu/us send Update.inf, client.config, and runedev file to you, should switch your client to eu. But not tested.

• Hi, new player here, and I tried to google my problem before taking it to you guys, and actually found a thread on this forum about it but when I clicked on it it redirected me to a page about the game's upcoming steam release.

So here's my problem. The launcher was running fine at first and I was even able to run the game but despite entering my username and password correctly the game said there was an error when I was inputting them and wouldn't let me log in to the US servers. Figuring the problem might be that I'm in Canada, I switched my region to Europe, and the game gave me a whole bunch of german servers. I was hoping to be able to play the game with English speakers though, so I again exited and switched my region to Australia. When I logged in this time, the game said my region didn't match the servers or something, so I decided I'd go back to the European region, and quit. But now I can't open the launcher. Every time I try I get an error message that says "can't download ClientUpdate.zip"

how can I fix this and switch the launcher back to the one region that seems to work without problems?

hi, i think you may have registered an en account instead of a us account, and that may be why you can only login to european servers.

euro rom servers

http://en.runesofmagic.gameforge.com/user/register

usa rom servers.

http://us.runesofmagic.gameforge.com/user/register

try to register a us.rom account and see if it wil let you play on us servers.

• Pretty sure it does work (put the Runedev to read only so it wont switch).

On old forum was this advice ofc cant link it since doh its deleted as all other useful info.

SoVvjsU.png

• Pretty sure it does work (put the Runedev to read only so it wont switch).

On old forum was this advice ofc cant link it since doh its deleted as all other useful info.

No, it doesn't, even if you change the ip and Locale to eneu, the client still thinks its set to the other region and you can't login because its connecting to the IP from the update.inf file. Just tested it now. On the old thread was said the same also.

c4dae13cccb13fc5026bc008394d7295.png

Try these files , put into your rom folder and open client.exe and hopefully region will be set to EU,where you can manually change it back to US if its where you want to play. Hopefully runewaker can remove the australian region from launcher.

I may have the answer. On the login and primary password, you may NOT use the mouse to move focus from Username to Password, you must use TAB. If you use the Mouse to change focus, the password check will fail. After entering the primary password, you can hit Enter, or use the mouse to click "Confirm". On the secondary password, you must use the mouse to hit "Confirm". Enter will not work.

It is not really an "error", just a non-planned behavior that you learn to work around.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng