Repair+Verifying

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Repair+Verifying option requires 5h of download?!

I did spoke with my provider they said it is from your side. Is there something to be done about it?

(I use GF launcher, not Steam)

Thanks

• The game has a huge number of files, some of them sizeable. That can be what it takes to download the game, depending a number of factors, including the speed and RAM of your PC and the speed of your internet service. On my first download in 2010, it took even longer because those factors.

• The game has a huge number of files, some of them sizeable. That can be what it takes to download the game, depending a number of factors, including the speed and RAM of your PC and the speed of your internet service. On my first download in 2010, it took even longer because those factors.

well, something went wrong, obviously. it started with repair, continued verifying, i took 3h total to download latest patchX( hope will not happen again!

• Download time is actually more of a function of the number of people that are trying to download at the same time. The more people that are downloading the smaller each slice you receive will be. This also causes your PC to misestimate the time remaining. After a few mb have downloaded the estimate of time remaining improves. Hence the 5 hours you originally saw. The reason the DL takes so long is that there are only so many streams available at any one time, so the streams serve all players in the queue in a round-robin way.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• The latest patch broke the launcher! Than it was repaired for 3h.

Now i can't see the evidence of logging time of my accounts.

After playing some time I am receiving a message "Account or password error" than i am disconnected.

And i am SURE it has something to do wit this new Item Shop event!!!

• Windows never tells the truth on download times. Not in my experience over 20 years.