Frustration Survey.

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I assume that peak is the single most frustrating thing for most long-term players. Just because it is for me, doesn't mean it is for everyone else.

Tell us what has you irked. Even if it is the same as what someone else has already posted, let's find out to what extent the various things(lack of expansion, pay-2-win item shop, etc) are negatively impacting players in the game. I've tried to remain positive over the last few years, but now I am running out of patience, waiting for something to get excited about. Maybe if forum posters really jump in here, GF will try to convince RW to do something about some of it. This is still the best mmo I have found, but it is quickly becoming the best MMO no one is playing.

• Peak-System
    • no content since two years
    • siegewar - rollback for the only good update since years

crash reports and other stuff is also frustrating but over time i've learned to deal with them.

• The LACK of the peak system even ignoring any of the issues with it...
    When was lv10 released? over a year ago?
    When was Pantheon released? over 2 years ago?
    And we're supposed to be lv20 for it to do pantheon? uhhhh something doesn't add up here...

• The lack of new content since over 2 years ago, the nonsense peak lvl 10 cap since 1 year ago, and the fact that the first thing they did well in a decade (making the guards in SW interrupt the fcap) they change it back to the crappy fcap game in a couple weeks.

And ofc there always are the classics like the jewels fail rate and the fact that they put the universal jewels only for the new servers, wich is a huge insult to all the long term players. We are addicts to this game, but i would never play or recommend any GF game, ever again.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• 99% of the time, I am a solo player, but in the upper levels, certainly above 80 or so, there are periodic quests in the Epic Quest Series' that require a group (or at least a high-level friend) to come unstick the cork for you. This is a real PITA as I am really loathe to depend on the same friends over and over to come save me. Right now, as a 100 (1)/100 W/M, I still have to have an end-game friend come kill the Elite mobs for me (3-5 per zone) so I can progress and improve my gear and skills. There should be a way to bypass the Group quests so the series can be solo'd.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• 99% of the time, I am a solo player, but in the upper levels, certainly above 80 or so, there are periodic quests in the Epic Quest Series' that require a group (or at least a high-level friend) to come unstick the cork for you. This is a real PITA as I am really loathe to depend on the same friends over and over to come save me. Right now, as a 100 (1)/100 W/M, I still have to have an end-game friend come kill the Elite mobs for me (3-5 per zone) so I can progress and improve my gear and skills. There should be a way to bypass the Group quests so the series can be solo'd.

I keep asking for help with quests in Gerador because a lot of main questline mobs are elites. I noticed that quite a lot of elites were introduced in Balanzasar, and while I was able to avoid most of them as rogue in invis, I can only imagine how hard it would be for my other non-rogue characters. I am currently stuck on a quest to kill 5 elites of the same type in Leorden Stronghold. I wonder if it was done to make players spend money to upgrade their equipment. I honeslty don't see any other reason. Yes, it's MMO, so technically you are supposed to team up with other players. But then most of these elites one- or two-hit me, so in these cases I need to team up as if I am running an instance and not just questing.

I keep asking for help with quests in Gerador because a lot of main questline mobs are elites. I noticed that quite a lot of elites were introduced in Balanzasar, and while I was able to avoid most of them as rogue in invis, I can only imagine how hard it would be for my other non-rogue characters. I am currently stuck on a quest to kill 5 elites of the same type in Leorden Stronghold. I wonder if it was done to make players spend money to upgrade their equipment. I honeslty don't see any other reason. Yes, it's MMO, so technically you are supposed to team up with other players. But then most of these elites one- or two-hit me, so in these cases I need to team up as if I am running an instance and not just questing.

I can only agree to that, Elites all over the place for questing. Even at level 100 i still need people to help me out..simply because there is no way to get some decent gear when not playing in a group. Its kinda disapointing that i cant continue questing because i am stuck at at least 3 elite quest in Tasuq. Game is degrading fast in my opinion. Content creators did not think about these problems and why should they...they can put on any gear they want while testing....:thumbdown:

• - Peak system is way too hard for average players or some chars that are not dps like me as a healer

- Lack of new content - they should make older instances -Hos, DS, Zs etc - with hard mode and some new set so ppl have something to farm. They did this in some of the game's "private server version" - don't wanna say names.

- 10 years ago when you could at least buy 15 dia per day/acc was something for f2p players. Nowadays as a f2p player you have really hard time get anywhere so ppl don't even bother trying. More player pool would help the game economy and would likely bring more p2w players too.

- They should have an AH for all servers together. Since the individual servers population is so low.

The main problem imo tho is no new content - new stats, items etc
    Most ppl are fully done with their gear and have nothing to do.

• --The exorbitant price of gambling your way to +20 items.--

Only positive thing i see is that they have 'recently' put up 'perfect' +0>+20. As f2per however its almost impossible to find anyone that sell diamonds in this quantity. Just regular perfect +20 stones would be really cool. I dont mind paying for upgrades, but i do take issue with the unreliable nature of plussing. For +30s perfects would take away a lot of the gambling aspect too i'd think, but that is of lesser concern to me. Sure someone could get lucky and get to like +26, where you will forever be stuck at 24, but for now i dont think this has as much an impact that +20s do. Partially because the +30 gems are much less expensive and are fairly successful until 23/24. Plussing should of course >>in theory<< get progressively more expensive the higher you get. Nobody can pay for higher prices than +20 already costs. Now you have this weird cost where costs peak at +20 and after it gets cheaper again for a bit and create a lot of disparity in power between those who were able to gamble +20 (and thus also have +24 pretty much guaranteed), and those who werent (and are stuck at +19). +20 stones are also so expensive that you also cannot 'brute force' +20 either. You get lucky, or you dont and remain relatively weak.

Peak levels are also way too slow and are by far not useful enough for the time it takes to get.

Also some new dungeons would be greatly appreciated by now.

• its the gear .you have to trash every quest item in the game because it all binds .

i farm a lot of gear i will not pick up items that bind , sometimes i destroy the items to prevent them from being picked up ,its very rare when i put items that bind in the mart .

the f2p player base needs normal gear because items that bind will use all of their resources and take up inv space .

wizards consider bound gear and gear that binds trash . all of it .

i use a bound staff because i have no choice , ill fight in rags until the end of time .

i made a 25 million gold weird bound wizard knight armor it just sits in my inv and will never be used .

peak wha ? give us some gear ...real gear ,without a f2p player base the game is doomed no matter what anybody says .

steam servers have no daily rewards therefore no unbinders ,the steam servers will need unbinders if you want them to do well . gear problems .

you dont quest much when all the quest rewards are trash , it aint no fun . as i trash it i always say you like it ? you wear it . better get in game and use it cause im not . dont think wizards wont destroy auction house items they dont want in game ,it effects recipes too cant give it to them because it destroys newbie gears .

it also effects the whole crafting system ,what crafting system ? why would i want to make trash ?

thanks Grumpdaddy , been wanting to say that since frogster . im about to hit 90 f2p .

• When Heffner Camp came out this basicly discard old elite skills method.

Also this is fast progress of 50 level cap.

But luckily this not harm the game. Very interesting.

Other than that i dont remember any kind of good patch.

• I disagree. The "rapid advancement" in CoO and Xav allows people to skip the real main quest lines up until level 54. It also destroyed the value of daily quest items in the AH.

At one time, each level got harder to reach, and progress through the zones gave a player a sense of accomplishment. Not so much anymore.

• After long time of waiting I've finally gave up.

I find no more entertainment in an endless farming of things I wont have any chance to implement on an new content items, or in repeating old instances over and over again from which I got all I ever wanted 3 years ago.

This game wont attract any new players ever and old ones you guys actually forced to leave.

And pls don't say its a technical issue.

You did solved WD pet hitting the bosses in Pantheon HM in ten days.

The way you're treating your most faithful players are beyond a simple disgrace.

Goodbye.

• 10 days ago:

Today we have them again instead of a decent dias sale :thumbdown:

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)