Kicking me out

• Just when I told it, two different zones, dunno, I did nothing but stand, two clients and no messages, just got thrown to character selection screen.

• "where" as in "which zone?"

Farsitan and Coast of Opportunity if I remember well, but since it was two different zones anyway, does it even matter?

I couldn't spot any connection errors or RAM overload, so I wonder if it's serverwise maybe? It's not when I'm the only one with this (not too often occurring, thankfully) problem. All I think of so far is either a server or connection "hiccup", since the throw to char screen happens elsewise only when I lose the connection or the servers go down. RAM probs either freeze the game, create a critical error or close the client completely.

• Honestly, sounds like a connection issue. It did not close the program, so I doubt it was an un-trapped critical error (which I have seen once or twice). Both clients bounced at the same time-ish? Yeah, sounds like, at least at the moment, the client saw a condition that it interpreted as loss of connection.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Both clients bounced at the same time-ish?

Yeah, sounds like, at least at the moment, the client saw a condition that it interpreted as loss of connection.

Yes, exactly the same time.

"interpreted as loss of connection", uh-huuh, now that sounds reasonable, since I haven't heard of other players having had the problem at the time. Thank you! :-)

• Both clients bounced at the same time-ish?

Yeah, sounds like, at least at the moment, the client saw a condition that it interpreted as loss of connection.

Yes, exactly the same time.

"interpreted as loss of connection", uh-huuh, now that sounds reasonable, since I haven't heard of other players having had the problem at the time. Thank you! :-)

I said it that way because you indicated that you or your ISP already looked at the connection logs and saw no interruptions, so it may have been a signal quality drop that the client was not happy with, but you were not actually disco'd.

Of course, an ISP would never lie about a connection issue, right?

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• does it even matter?

Every detail matters.

If you post "my chars went to hell" there's nothing but a few letters aligned to another for a report that doesn't help in any kind of way to track down the issue.

We'd suggest to check your connection, run a ping test for your own connection and for the login server & the server you play on.

• does it even matter?

Every detail matters.

While thinking a little about that in the mood "nuh-uh, different zones are different, duh", I remembered leaving party in a stranger's house in Dalanis and after logging in the next time finding myself in the Nekropolis of Mirrors-ini; also the Crafting Area going down in a "Cellars & Winged Wyverns" game while Helloween event peaks; you're right, one can't know. ^^

Anyhow, this was seen, nobody had the same issue at that time, so I'm going with...

...and say I'm fine with it, since it doesn't do that on a regular basis. *curiosity fed* ^^