Responding to The director's letter.

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Thank you for the clarifications regarding the new servers. The end of the letter, though, where you mention that there are "discussions about possible new content" does not sound encouraging. With every change of festival, there seems to be a new festival event. Technically that's new content, but with level-cap players trying to grind to peak 10, only so we can then grind to 20 when it's available- Yeah- we don't have time for the existing festival events, let alone new ones. We need new zones with new quests.

Comparing the current in-game map to the one that was complete through Kashaylan, there has been some MAJOR tectonic shifts, pushing dragonfang ridge almost to the south polar region, leaving room for a huge continent right in the center.

Also, there are some unexplored options. We know from the games mythology that Lance Barr and others are trying to keep the demons from crossing over from their realm to Taborea. What if, just thinking out loud here... What if reaching peak 7 or maybe 10, whatever level, our adventurer is able to open portals from places already on the map. The northeast corner of Dragonfang ridge has an abandoned temple of some sort. Great place to jump in. After completing that "demon zone", you could open another portal at Water's Tutelage in Salioca Basin to reach another "demon zone". Maybe behind the housekeepers in Lower Varanas east and west the upper cities have been magically sealed because the demons were occupying those parts of the city and now adventurers must take them back. There's an open, completely empty plain behind the circus in Land of Malevolence. With all the evil magic going on there, could it be caused by a hidden portal?

And one last thing. Somebody who probably wants to remain anonymous added "Stardust" to our currency list. What the heck is that:?::?: We can scroll on it to see that is it to be "used on the mysterious hermit". Tell us something. Tell us ANYTHING. Come on.

Maybe these feelings I'm having are why folks call me Grump.:cursing:

• Here's some further thoughts about my "demon zones".

The first zone entry point should require that the character be at least 100(2)/100. It should have 30-40 quests that will get you up to peak 4. If you if you bookmark a spot inside the zone, then portal in lower level alts or friends, they will face instant death, and resurrection will take them to a rez point outside the z one. If you go in at level 100(2)/100 or higher, then do a class swap to something lower, instant death and rez out of the zone. It must be only for peak 2 or higher, no power leveling.

The next zone can only be entered at peak 4 or above, with similar restrictions on lower classes. ~45 quests to peak 6. Then zones for 6-8, 8-10 and so on. Maybe at peak 12 you start getting one peak level per zone.

The peak zones should launch more quickly than every 6 months. It would be a lot of work for RW to have it ready every 2-3 months, but we have waited how long now for another expansion? 18months? Longer? I can't remember. There are some people that have given up on the game because of that, and a few who check the forum every couple months to see if it's time to come back.

• i don't know, i feel like adding more copy paste maps with different layouts starts to get boring. i think the level 100cap should be like that and find a different solution to level peak level. example run dungeons for peak xp orbs and make it worth it so people would focus their endgame for instances. add harder version from old inis, add new armors so the peak level is worth it, fix existing bugs and make the game more stable is what i recommend. the overall story could end when getting level 100 and peak level could be the never ending outcome of the story.

• My proposal is not to paste Varanas lower west into a zone like Varanas nightmare was done. I am talking about using those points in Taborea as portal locations to a different zone/map. The portal to that new zone is only open if your peak level is high enough.

There's a bunch of places that are somewhat sizeable and yet have nothing going on. Not a single thing to kill. No quest there to complete. THey just sit there. Create an alternate (NOT mirror or cut and paste) realm with new demonic mobs and bosses. Give us instances that are completely new. Don't paste the Hidden Valley mines in again in these new zones. IT's already in several places. Give us something ethereal, maybe caves and mines that shange their shape while you are in them, so you have to track your way back out carefully. Maybe a woods similar to Quilana forest but with trees (not ents) that slide around, and shifting boulders. Something NEW in a demon/phantom zone.

• And then when you finish questing the first zone, you have to come back out and travel to the portal location of the next zone, kind of like going from instance to instance, but an entire zone inside it that fits the new chapter story line and game chapter 1 and 2 mythology.