Rogue/Knight

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hello! I would like to know if this bundle will be resurrected in the future, namely, I would like to see the normal damage from the skill Searing Light, It's ridiculous to waste such a large amount of talent for such a small increase in damage.
    Very little damage is done by this skill, if it was conceived like the other ligaments warrior/mage, knight/mage, mage/scout, warden/druid - but their skills are very similar, but the damage depends on his physical indicators.
    Will it deal normal damage? Not 70 Light Damage for 900 sec, but 700+ Light Damage...

• Hello! I would like to know if this bundle will be resurrected in the future, namely, I would like to see the normal damage from the skill Searing Light, It's ridiculous to waste such a large amount of talent for such a small increase in damage.
    Very little damage is done by this skill, if it was conceived like the other ligaments warrior/mage, knight/mage, mage/scout, warden/druid - but their skills are very similar, but the damage depends on his physical indicators.
    Will it deal normal damage? Not 70 Light Damage for 900 sec, but 700+ Light Damage...

Although I quitted here a long time ago, when memory serves me correctly, a Rogue/Knight should be magical build (but then he only uses the Searing Light skill with the white hits

• Why magical? Knight light damage is specifically identified in every skill as PHYSICAL light damage, so as not to confuse the player.

Because, on the knight side, light damage is indeed referred to as PHYSICAL light damage. But the Rogue/Knight elite skill Searing Light only talks about Light Damage.

From the wiki:

Causes your normal attacks to deal additional 10.0 Light damage for 900.0 seconds. Also, when your physical attacks hit the target your Critical Physical Hit Rate increases by 20.0 points for 8.0 seconds. (This effect is mutually exclusive with Poisonous.)

See here:

• Thing is that ever since disarmament got a 3s CD due to elite skill, r/k couldn't use it anymore as a spam skill in party. Holy Strike (I believe) could not be used because of the aggro which comes with it. If Searing Light would give more damage when building more magical, it could be fun to play.

• I looked at it- Searing Light is a 15 minute buff, not an attack. 70 damage( the actual number increases with better gear) is over 10% of a "normal" (non-cast, or white damage) hit. That's not peanuts over the 15 minutes, considering it affects off-hand hits. Also, it gives a sizeable increase to crit for 8 seconds. That's a value that's hard to calculate in terms of actual damage, but if that much increase were on a m/wl, it would mean a lot more 10-second resistance debuffs with Elemental Damage in TOS and Pantheon, where the bosses have high crit resistance.

• Yes it's like r/m's Enchanted Throw just not as strong. Of course with the crit increase it is stronger, and since r/k has a physical attack boost and a defense boost, it would be a bit too much. Next to the defense debuff of Disarmament. When soloing you can always spam Holy Strike.

• I looked at it- Searing Light is a 15 minute buff, not an attack. 70 damage( the actual number increases with better gear) is over 10% of a "normal" (non-cast, or white damage) hit. That's not peanuts over the 15 minutes, considering it affects off-hand hits. Also, it gives a sizeable increase to crit for 8 seconds. That's a value that's hard to calculate in terms of actual damage, but if that much increase were on a m/wl, it would mean a lot more 10-second resistance debuffs with Elemental Damage in TOS and Pantheon, where the bosses have high crit resistance.

Did it turn out to be magical or physical?

• It is physical damage. Knight damage is defined as "physical light" damage. Rogue is a physical damage class. Even if searing light caused magical damage, that one buff alone would not justify using int/matk stats.

• Searing Light is magical damage, So as such calculates from the magic damage formula rather then the physical. Each element type (Light, Earth, Dark, Fire, Water, Wind) has their own auto attack damage skill. (Flame attack, Frost attack, Thunder Attack, Conglomerate Attack, Full attack & Dark Ability attack) They all scale from magic no matter the class used. R/k draws the short straw here since it's a physical damage dealer. Runewaker could remake the skill to work similar to Enchanted Throw and scale it physically, but this could then have unintended consequences.

• Listen to Cenre- he's always more knowledgeable than I am. I just assumed it was physical. Even with it being magical damage, you won't want to stat intelligence or matk for just one skill.

That being said, there is a decent dagger for sale at the black codex merchants in most zones that has a magical damage attribute. It might be worth using those to get a little extra kick on Searing Light.

• Searing Light has effect on the white hits, and Holy Strike hits both magical and physical damage. Picking up a magical sigil lets Holy Strike hit almost as hard as with a physical sigil, so perhaps it could be worth it to stack some int/matk? But it'd be more for soloing and pvp, or when r/k-(off)tanking, since a lot of aggro will be generated with Holy Strike.

• Holy strike hits magic damage but scales physically. So int/matt wouldn't be worth to stack since it's not going to increase the damage of it. Magic sigils increase it because it increases magic power.

• As Cenre said above I'll just add the 20% 'Magic Power' the sigil adds also applies to most strait up physical AoEs as well such as Champions Imprisonment Pulse and Rune Overload.(also rampage <3) Though physical is obviously better for these skills +20% is still awesome.

• To increase it they must be magic skills that just get calculated physicallly the same as Holy Strike and many others. But yep, useful information that magic sigils aren't completely useless for some physical classes.

• I'm doing a magic build r/k right now and it's interesting. Unbuffed, I have about 133k matk and 7767 mcrit with 2 new pantheon daggers +21 and statted t8 with 17.5k mdmg combined ( important ). Doing some testing on mobs in splitwater, the magic procs are about 125k per hit x2. So the magic procs 2x every 2 seconds or so. I did try another dagger in my off-hand, and once again, it was the same amount of damage 2x -- so the combined magic damage is what Searing Light procs off of.

In mirrorworld, most of the time, the same 2 t8 daggers proc 2x for 105k and in New Pantheon ( easy ), they proc for 85k hits on the trash mobs.

I wonder if there's some way to slow down weapon speed since magic damage scales based on cast time; that's why k/m and them do soo much damage with their slow-azz weapons. :))

• I wonder if there's some way to slow down weapon speed since magic damage scales based on cast time; that's why k/m and them do soo much damage with their slow-azz weapons. :))

Use a strong stim and watch your damage, it doesn't effect mdmg just makes you hit more often(It effects pdmg though). Also use clear thought for cast speed to see it also doesn't effect these magic hits. It's all just base mdmg/atk and how strong the skill is

The K/m and w/m skills just do like 50x more base damage than r/k because reasons