Question to all the high end players & guilds what TANK you would take to runs.

• As said in the title.

I know that Knight/Warrior is a general "run's love interest" for the elite you can get a higher damage in small time frame (3 seconds?) - yet, what would you run with anyway without a problem? Are exotes like knight/mage, warrior/knight be in?

Best thing to answer would be a ranking of combos and / or "not for x inis, but no problem at y inis.

If one comment already meets your thoughts completely, just give a "like" (hooray new forums), thank you. :-)

• there is a dearth of good K/W tanks on our server at least, not sure about others. So pretty much any good player who can tank, sun temple is easy enough that you can bring a k/w alt instead and not have to worry about losing the bonus from the buffer you are replacing.

1. K/W

2. Ch/P (20% dmg buff)

2.5 K/P (10% dmg buff and -25 % aggro)

3. Ch/R and Wd/W probably jointly (party setup is usually physical based, D/R + D/W. Doesn't matter for Ch/R since their patt buff overwrites it afaik)

4. K/M

5. Others

• So pretty much any good player who can tank

Literally this. I don't care if it is a K/W or Ch/R at all if we can finish the dungeon that way.

This being said, there are certain dungeons that were more focused on burst bosses or events, some examples:

• Crypt of Eternity (because of boss 2): You needed a very good burn here because the event / graphical effects make the boss unplayable after some time (10 seconds or so?). So I might ask a Knight to change to K/W if he has it to make it easier.
    • Ice Blade Plateau (because of boss 3): You needed a good burn here too because the event deals a lot of damage and most damage dealers (especially melee) don't survive long.
    • There are certain instances where you cannot loose too many players (I don't remember anymore, but e.g. HoS color boss) where a battle-revive is handy and I like K/P.
    • Instances where certain skills are very useful. In Ice Blade Plateau, boss 4, you can use the Shield of Discipline of the Knight to kill the small orbs which makes the boss a lot easier. (Similar example for healers: Lv70 instance boss 1, level 62 instance before last boss and hall of fire first boss all basically require a druid(/scout?) if I remember correctly)

But of course, most of these old dungeons are no problem at level 100 (with a strong group). And if you need it, you can often use alts as aktl said. Just in case the next dungeon will have a broken event again and you need to kill a boss within 5 seconds or a have special skill, it might be relevant again.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• So pretty much any good player who can tank

Literally this. I don't care if it is a K/W or Ch/R at all if we can finish the dungeon that way.

This being said, there are certain dungeons that were more focused on burst bosses or events, some examples:

• Crypt of Eternity (because of boss 2): You needed a very good burn here because the event / graphical effects make the boss unplayable after some time (10 seconds or so?). So I might ask a Knight to change to K/W if he has it to make it easier.
    • Ice Blade Plateau (because of boss 3): You needed a good burn here too because the event deals a lot of damage and most damage dealers (especially melee) don't survive long.
    • There are certain instances where you cannot loose too many players (I don't remember anymore, but e.g. HoS color boss) where a battle-revive is handy and I like K/P.
    • Instances where certain skills are very useful. In Ice Blade Plateau, boss 4, you can use the Shield of Discipline of the Knight to kill the small orbs which makes the boss a lot easier. (Similar example for healers: Lv70 instance boss 1, level 62 instance before last boss and hall of fire first boss all basically require a druid(/scout?) if I remember correctly)

But of course, most of these old dungeons are no problem at level 100 (with a strong group). And if you need it, you can often use alts as aktl said. Just in case the next dungeon will have a broken event again and you need to kill a boss within 5 seconds or a have special skill, it might be relevant again.

With "burn" you need "damage either by tank or provided by k/w elite window", I figure - if I'm wrong tell me and I'll edit. - Huh, can a knight somehow even reach the (ex. Crypt of Eternity boss 2) dmg dealer's +power with full chain in att/crit equip (or as k/m the mag. pendent)?

Hehe, I like k/p as well. ^^

• With "burn" you need "damage either by tank or provided by k/w elite window", I figure - if I'm wrong tell me and I'll edit. - Huh, can a knight somehow even reach the (ex. Crypt of Eternity boss 2) dmg dealer's +power with full chain in att/crit equip (or as k/m the mag. pendent)?

I don't remember how much the elite boosts the damage, but lets say it's 30% and we have 5 DDs in the group.

Then the K/W elite does as much damage as "one and a half DDs" - no tank can reach that. In longer fights, the bonus is of course less.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Novar

Closed the thread.