Pc configuration vs crash

• Is there any pc configuration that is better or worse for rom?

Like graphic cards? nvidia or ati? OS? CPU?

We know big cause of crashes is poor game development, still players are affect in very different way by it.

I rarely crash or dc during sw; for some guildy can occur 8-10 times every sw.

Anyone has figured out best (or worst) machine configuration?

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• This is not yours bad. All of Runes of Magic client sometimes crashes.

About PC generally systems high crashes and some zones high usage CPU, for example Weeping Coast and Dalanis.

Nvidia systems generally stable but crashes ''wrong zones'' but AMD systems low crash + ''in wrong zone you can't play 5+ hour''

this is my experience.

But Reifort and Logar zones client open in a row in a 10-15 hours No crashes.

My RoM settings always high and I use 10.000 view distance. Games normal setting normally maximum 3600 allow.

I try ''low settings'' but anything not changed.

• I just reinstalled RoM last week, after a few years away. My system is fairly high end, Intel i5 8600k, on a rog strix z370-e, rog strix gtx 1080ti oc gpu, and 32mb ripjaw ddr4. I can play other games on max graphics ultra high quality...4k resolution...with complete stability. RoM crashes me regularl, particularly in Varanas where I will crash once every 30 seconds to a minute or so. Instances are fairly stable...I can do runs of Dreamland or Sun all night long without issue (though I did crash in HoS at colors last night, which was a first).

I've reinstalled Windows 2x, and RoM countless times over the last few days. I tried Steam, download/install off the site, and an old install executable I had saved. Same end result...other than this newest time I'm getting an in game error saying 'Computer memory has exceeded healthy levels'...THEN it crashes.

I left the game because of these same issues on a completely different PC. Sucks that they still persist.

• My system specs

Intel dual core processor (3.0 ghz)

Ati Radeon hd 3400 graphics card (very old)

8 gigs of ram

160 gigs hard drive

windows 7 os

1 crash in 1 month of playing again , 6-8 hour game sessions a day.

Having the best computer doesn't limit your graphics , Over the years when I used to play me and some friends figured out it doesnt matter about your systems

hardware. The engine the game uses cant handle the games graphics itself so you can have a beast pc running on max graphics and It still wont matter , you WILL still crash.

I crash less if none at all and my computer is a pos over 10 years old almost and my friend with top of the line pc new parts crashes more than me. This is one game no one

can run graphics settings on max. Just run on low settings , lower your view distance and you should have no problems at all like me.

• I started having more trouble after installing new addons. Deleted the addons and the problem went away- I wish I could remember which ones. It was a while ago. Try removing them one at a time until the problem diminishes, then add back in the ones that did not seem to matter.

• That could be another thing as I dont use add ons, I just haven't played much since im waiting for support but I have found that I have very little if no performance issues with runes of magic. Would make sense that some add ons can cause client stability issues as dont add ons modify the game client which could lead to these sort of crashing issues.?

• I am not geek enough to know exactly how they work, but yes, they change some of the game's zeros and ones in some fashion. (I know enough to know that's all computers understand- adding and comparing binary numbers. They can't even subtract. They use a sort of cheater addition)

• There's a red button with green flashing background. When you click on that, you can see which addons cause the most error or if they cause any errors at all. This might help to track down the culprit

Where is this button? on twitch or somewhere in the game?

• Its in-game, usually in top right of screen under minimal. Full red is no issues, if it starts to flash green there is some error.

As for my two cents on the subject, add-ons are definitely a large factor for poor performance. There is a few heavy add-ons that nuke performance, and removing such will drastically increase performance. The more your game has to load, the less stable it'll be. So try only install the addons you need. Should you need add-ons for very specific things, you can always make extra folders for different profiles, SW add-ons etc.

As for the original question. Rom generally runs better on older systems, the game engine is very old, and 32bit, this is through my experience and alot of other people, in the past I had a 5 year old pc which coild have characters on all day without crashing. After upgrading to a new pc with Ryzen, gtx1070 etc, crashes appeared more, though not quite as bad as you described. Most likely they're trying to play on higher graphics which will never end well in this game sadly.

• I have a large enough hard drive to have multiple copies of the client set up with different start buttons on the desktop and different add-ons. Some add-ons are unwanted at times, others make the gameplay easier but only now and then.