Point droppers

• Hey guys,

I would like to share opinions about guilds who litteraly move themself in alt guilds with low points to enjoy very easy fight in sw. When they are close to 2k rank they switch again.
    I know it is pefectly legal and im not here to complain about the fenomena.

Still i was wondering what the purpose and, is it really fun?

If you are a PvP guild you should enjoy fighting strong oppo; if you are interested in badges only, you can just drop your point to zero and go for draw.

So I'm asking expecially to those players if there is a motive i cant see. Cause a "let's see how fast we can win" mood is kinda shallow to me.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Clearly it is to improve the one stat in this game that truly matters : epeen length.

Same way how 'strong' pvp guilds complain about getting matched with <2k point guilds, then get beaten by another strong pvp guild, and stop playing pvp.

• Actually quite annoying, rogues/mages over 500k hp, insane wl/ch or ch/r or wd/d... in guild with 1.2, 1.4k points....

And for my experience mostly form baldr server (just to be vague and not name anyone).

Today i was even able to comunicate with some of them and they confirmed that those easy wins are very boring.

I really think i'm missing somethig, still hope to receive an actual confrontation here. But i guess they dont read eng forum like i can't read german one :D

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• I don't think every guild that beats people easily sometimes is necessarily point dropping on purpose. Numbers can fluctuate and sometimes guilds can have 5 ppl, and then next time 15, thus beating people easily if they had dropped from 1.5k to 1k for example. Not to mention that some people also can carry a guild, and without them a guild is much weaker, resulting in losing too.

• I don't think every guild that beats people easily sometimes is necessarily point dropping on purpose.

I agree. I was referring to guild which half of the time you fight with 0 oppo and the other half you fight against an army.

• Well.... I think i know what guild you are refering to: they dont drop on purpose. They register always but only fight somewhat half of the time. Reason being that they have members that need the merits but noone wants to fight all the time. Also they dont want to loose the benefits of their castle so they dont move to a twink-guild for merits.

Also 5hey have really big changes in mumbers. So its a rarity that everyone is actually fighting.

• Well.... I think i know what guild you are refering to: they dont drop on purpose. They register always but only fight somewhat half of the time. Reason being that they have members that need the merits but noone wants to fight all the time. Also they dont want to loose the benefits of their castle so they dont move to a twink-guild for merits.

Also 5hey have really big changes in mumbers. So its a rarity that everyone is actually fighting.

And when they do fight, they only want to fight vs lower point guilds who cannot match their pvp gear and/or numbers?

• This is not system's bad. System is fair. 10 total guild which one is favourite? 9 guild 1k point and the last one 20k. Need to match 20k vs 1k.

Problem is players. Don't have strong guilds or do not together run. Only bosses killing together.

• Point Droppers can be removed one time for all realy easy just read:

Rewards in PvP have to be given only for number of kills!

Rewards have to be so good that more peoples get tempted to "fight"/do SW !

Badges and few orbs 10k exp + few t6 items are crap/trash/nothing

Need New PVP currency 1kill =1coin that can be:

a. exchanged for other ingame currency

b. tradet on NPS for cool items (pvp and pve)

c. exchanged on NPS for Dias 5 coins =1 dias 5 fime a day = 25 dias if you kill lot of ppl (and your guild over some points)

Won't move my finger to reg button if it was no fun of play SW

Guild SW ranking points Need to give some bonus for 1000 for 2500, 5000 and more then 10000!

even if it mean "can't use IBW on 500 points"

Or exchange PVP coins for dias "from you guild ranking points depend how many time you can exchange"

Nothing ot farm in SW zone/map only players = Guards give merit for traps and towers but reward not depend from merit anymore!

players so named "Upgraders" will have ot make PVP gear and fight or enjoy few malatina minigame untill others "Fighters" finish with "fun"

Upgrades can be made automatically from game every 20 kills give 1lvl upgrade forge feeld and so on ... you kill you have upgrades you cant it get slower !

Click "like" if you want new "PvP currency"!

• Rewards in PvP have to be given only for number of kills!

Need New PVP currency 1kill =1coin that can be

Well, but what about all the farmers, players managing the buffs or building defenses? That's what I do 99% of SW, I get maybe 2 kills on average. So that would suck because you need players to do stuff like that, most guilds have problems finding such players already now, it would be much worse if you need kills for currency.

Click "like" if you want new "PvP currency"!

I want a dislike button :P

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Rewards have to be so good that more peoples get tempted to "fight"/do SW !

There is already an incentive to do SW, for fun or for badges. If people don't enjoy doing siege war and don't need badges, they shouldn't do it and nor should they be forced to because you enjoy doing it.

Need New PVP currency 1kill =1coin that can be:

a. exchanged for other ingame currency

b. tradet on NPS for cool items (pvp and pve)

c. exchanged on NPS for Dias 5 coins =1 dias 5 fime a day = 25 dias if you kill lot of ppl (and your guild over some points)

Same point as Rynak, so only those making kills get rewarded? What about merit farmers, upgraders, who are crucial to a guild winning SW? They don't matter? Also i'm okay with the dia idea if people running 2-3 latest hardmode instances can also get those dias. I don't enjoy SW, the game is not a PvP game, so you have to take into account all sections of the player base (some like pvp, some like pve, some like both, some like neither!).

Guild SW ranking points Need to give some bonus for 1000 for 2500, 5000 and more then 10000!

I actually wouldn't be opposed to this, would maybe stop ppl point dropping, maybe make some sort of upgrade/buff that keeps getting stronger until your guild loses a sw. Like say drop rate or TP gained/XP gained or something for the whole guild. Like if you won 15 SW in a row all members get +150% drop rate, and if you lost one, the buff would be removed. That isn't too OP but still gives a reward for guilds that are winning sieges, and doesn't imbalance the game, like your currency idea does.

even if it mean "can't use IBW on 500 points"

Again, forcing people to do SW so they can PvE content. How about we ban PvE instance gear in siege, so you can't use HoE set. or Hardmode weapons.

"

Or exchange PVP coins for dias "from you guild ranking points depend how many time you can exchange"

Nothing ot farm in SW zone/map only players = Guards give merit for traps and towers but reward not depend from merit anymore!

players so named "Upgraders" will have ot make PVP gear and fight or enjoy few malatina minigame untill others "Fighters" finish with "fun"

Again, if you want to just kill players, go to arena. SW was designed so that even lower levels and low-geared people could contribute. Also if these people have to make PvP gear just to join this siege war that is supposed to be "fun", they will probably leave the game because they will be useless in instances. And like I said earlier, not all players enjoy SW. Some just go to help their guild, they don't care about getting kills.

I admire how much you want to change the SW system but honestly the currency idea creates more problems than it solves. SW exists at more than just the "high-points sw" - it is also for casual guilds so that they can get everyone in the guild involved and having fun (isn't that the point of sw?). So to alienate those guilds and players would be a terrible idea imo, just so the "elite" guilds can get some free dias.

• just so the "elite" guilds can get some free dias.

and what about pve ? just the "elite" get the good items from ini. is the same thing. you have to do something first, so that you earn something.

so you are conflating (free) dias, which every player needs, with instance gear that you get from instances and not from your own cash, and is not needed for anything in the game? And anyway, non-elite guilds can do all of the latest 3 instances apart from ibp. They just need to spend some time learning tactics. Meanwhile guilds that are newly doing siege war will never be able to get to the level of guilds doing sw for years already. Your comparison is utterly nonsense.

• agree with sheismyheroin only thing is rewards shldnt just depend on kill it shld also include dmg, def, heal, cap and merit farm too for examplae

20 kill 30 mil dmg 10 ml def 1 mil heal 5k merit 5 cap

this shld give you, 20+30+10+1+5*10+5*10 = 161 sw points

more sw point you have more reward you shld get

altho dmg shld be seperated between dmg against players and dmg against npc and dmg against npc shld give less points than dmg against players

Oldass, Challenger

Vidar (ew)

Quit in december 2018, best decision of my life, now mostly played by friends.

RIP Isiltir and Agenor. Never forget.

• yes I agree, siege can be very fun, even in its current state, even better with a few changes.

But the point of my replies here was to try and get people to see it from more than 1 perspective. SheIsMyHeroin only sees these changes from the viewpoint of an elite guild. Changing SW like this might make it better for those elite sw guild players, but for other guilds and players it will also make them worse-off. And the game doesn't just need those elite players to survive - I bet that 80% of dia sellers anyone in this thread buys dias from are in those more casual/non-elite guilds.

PvE being boring is down to the system of releasing 1 instance per (almost) calender year imo :( After few weeks of running it already bored, then most players burn out and stop playing until next instance or permanently.

• and what about pve ? just the "elite" get the good items from ini. is the same thing. you have to do something first, so that you earn something.

Clearly dias cannot be compared to any other tradable goods we have ingame. And teoretically those should run through basic/medium players to elite ones not the contrary.

If pro player control both end game items and IS currency what the others players should use to trade with them?

Still even more nonsense is thinking GF can gift free dias for any content/event/occasion (tho Frogster did in few occasion).

So back to topic, Yes sw exceed the simple: the best are "the one who kill he most" or "the guilds who focus and logs only at 20.00".

Being in the 1k-2k point range, i can testify there are a lot of guilds not completly pvp oriented, with many casual players, that try their best and they are actually having fun.

For them sw is more an aggregative moment instead of a rigid competite fight.

Sometimes they clash against pointdroppers tho, in that case is just a bit boring ;)

• Being in the 1k-2k point range, i can testify there are a lot of guilds not completly pvp oriented, with many casual players, that try their best and they are actually evenig fun.

For them sw is more an aggregative moment instead of a rigid competite fight.

Sometimes they clash against pointdroppers tho, in that case is just a bit boring

and what do you mean by that? I do not understand the statement? So the PVP players are out of luck now? or should everything stay as it is?

My statement is, like akty highlighted, when you talk about sw changes, dont consider only the top to bottom point of view. When we discuss and propose, lets consider 80% of sw players are not the one in top guilds, and many of them are still far to be bored by both pvp and pve content since they didnt enjoyed them to the fullest.

I'm not saying things should remain like they are now, just to consider the big picture.

• I didnt censored your opinion, just said big guilds wishes may not be the best solution for small guilds too. Or maybe they may be ;).

It's not up to me to judge, can only confront differet opinions. The only constructive one atm looks like:

Different rewards for differet roles is something the community asked for years: i would add merits consumed too, after all builders and trappers are 40% of a sw play.

Interesting also the idea to consider ingame statistics for guild points earned. Interesting but not sure if entirely viable or adequate.

I guess not much is possibile to do for pointdroppes, the original matter of this thread, but as i said in post #1 it's a legit choise and they are a part of the game i suppose.

• Things regarding sw need to be changed, that much is certain. Sw has been stale for a while now, with big guilds not registering because they don't want to lose points, as well as many other things. There needs to be some incentive to register for siege, and play near the top. Because currently once you have ibw, there is very little reason to do sw, unless you're really into pvp, and that community gets smaller and smaller each day as pvp becomes more stale. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, big guilds or small, even if you just afk for badges for ibw.

As for the topic of point droppers. I would to suggest everyone gets same number of badges for win/loss/draw. Every member inside sw, and increase the rewards outside of badges to interest people to fight. Might encourage some of the guilds at low sws to stop 50/50 draws, and if you remove the worry of badges from people then they might be more interested in sw. Also means that fighters will be receiving badges for killing people whereas sometimes fighters lose out because of people farming merits, which are equally important.

• The idea is good, but I can almost guarantee you that the implementation will not be very good (we never saw a fair implementation of something like this). So there will be always pressure to play the roles that give the best rewards and this will we frustrating for the players that want to / have to play the other roles.

but why ? we represent the "big guilds" so … other ppl can represent the wishes of the "smaller guilds" why should we do that ? everyone is able to write here his opinion ….

I think it's known that the forum members do not accurately represent the game players. The forum players are usually the ones with more time, not the "closing time gamers" (I did not find an accurate translation of "Feierabendspieler") and therefore over represent the "elite" players / guilds etc.

So we should search solutions for all players, especially since GF is interested in making the game nice for the players that spend most diamonds, not for the "elite" guilds.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy