Point droppers

• i suggest to remove merit and crystals from towers

Not going to happen. You can "suggest" this as often as you wish to. And we will always repeat the same answer.

Siege War is an "entire guild" thing. If your guild is unable to find a consense in gaining what is needed, you might play the wrong game. Everything that is coming from you is entirely for your very own benefit, but you are playing this with a group of people, who do deserve something for the assistence they bring to a Siege War.

If it's not the merits, then there must be something as replacement. Don't only use your guild. Assist each other. After all they are the ones bringing in the most merits for the upgrades needed to enhance your abilities during each and every Siege War.

If you remove their reward for assisting you, what's the point for them helping to get the upgrades? Right, no point. You would be on your own.

It's like a clockwork where everyone has got their task and if you take their reward, you shouldn't get any either.

Tower guards are easy to defeat, been there done that.

It's all about the support of each other and working together. If that's something you can't do, this entire conversation is pointless.

• Not going to happen. You can "suggest" this as often as you wish to. And we will always repeat the same answer.

I was here in Game and Forum long before i see you as a GM (we cross each other road) and here was even darker than now time (Darkside GM-s) i survive them im here they are not! Peoples come, peoples leave! Never say never :) I deeply doubt that all GM-s/Runes team think like "you" :)

The time of light will come :) And I will be here to welcome Sunrise of Golden PvP age in RunesOfMagic! SW need fondamental changes and remove "5 alt on each tower" will be part of it! or you gona tell me thats "special skill" ? in end of SW all those alts have 2000k merit each (not used) and guild have 15-20k crustals?

FOR WHAT? a good team play? ... its Exploit to extract with few chars!

ITS unfair advantage coz "This guild have guy who can log 4-10 chars"!

What he made? "Trap/tower field" that make half attack team CRASH?

It's like a clockwork where everyone has got their task

IS that PvP? is that Teamwork and "clockwork" ... ?

With Academy X ...amount of resources for LaggBuilding is unlimited ...

Is nothing ot do with "Skill" its High level Exploit! and abuse with GAME Engine!

Huge trap and tower field make some players lagg/freezing and craash!

Is advantage for players with strong/new PC and disadvantage for players with weak/old pc!

I know is probably great to see "your" creation "Ther great TRAP sea" from Anand to Bellin ... and thats "your" job in SW? is THAT PvP? ...i think YOU ...

might play the wrong game

MINECRAFT will be a right place for your "talent" <3

With all my respect!

• I will admit that the game in general needs some automated-play detection. Maybe the answer is to boot the harvesting bots, but not all harvesters are bots. In my new guild the toon I have there is only 57 and my part in our SW fights is to collect the merits from other players at the left and right base towers and get them to our merit-master inside the castle so the harvesters keep harvesting undisturbed. Harvesting CAN be done by real players.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Siege War is an "entire guild" thing.

Exactly!

This has nothing to do with Clockwork or Temwork when a single person does all the tasks described above while fighting at the front.

I do not think a single person can do all this while fighting on the front. Not without some serious bots *cough* macros.

Usually you need

• 1 or more alts farming stuff at the towers (and not dying / going back there after dying)
    • 2-3 players farming the mobs next to the castle for merits
    • 1 or more players that (try to) farm the mobs in the middle
    • 1 player collecting all the merits from all the farmers, especially the middle-farmer(s) in cannot just walk away since they should continue to farm and if your fighters run around bringing their merits somewhere that's wasted time, too
    • players that put tons of towers and all these small things (EN names...) to defend the towers and castle

Most of this can be done by a team of players, they do not even have to be max level. But you cannot do all of this alone (effectively). Even if you could, I think it is more fun to do it in a team, I mean that's why you are in a guild and playing an MMORPG.

and these very statements show that you have absolutely no plan what is done in the game.

What is done and what should be done are different things. I usually play SW in a guild at quite low points so I cannot speak for your point region but there I many guilds that do not have players dedicated to those tasks and usually lag behind ~5 minutes with their buffs etc. Often, our "merit team" are only 1-2 players and I am happy when I don't have to do all of it alone.

ITS unfair advantage coz "This guild have guy who can log 4-10 chars"!

What about: This is not a guild of a few selfish players who only want to slay enemies and lets their "small" players participate in SW.

And it's not only about standing at the towers (that can be done by an alt, right) but about all the other things above.

MINECRAFT will be a right place for your "talent" <3

I like that you even put the effort into making this a link - but it would be nice if we could discuss with arguments again - most of you post basically says nothing except you don't like Sarkas and players that are unlike you.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• With all my respect, if you use your arguments like this, no one ever will even start to take anything you say serious. Who ever there may come even after me.

In our team we work together and support each other. Ask any other GM, we got each other's back which is not limited to EN & US <3

f it's not the merits, then there must be something as replacement. Don't only use your guild. Assist each other. After all they are the ones bringing in the most merits for the upgrades needed to enhance your abilities during each and every Siege War.

If you remove their reward for assisting you, what's the point for them helping to get the upgrades? Right, no point. You would be on your own.

It's like a clockwork where everyone has got their task and if you take their reward, you shouldn't get any either.

and these very statements show that you have absolutely no plan what is done in the game.
    This has nothing to do with Clockwork or Temwork when a single person does all the tasks described above while fighting at the front.

Basicly what you are saying is you don't want to support the teamplay. That's again your very own decision and style of playing. However, RoM Teams do not support the me myself and I fraction.

--

What I am trying to say, we are not against you players, we try to support all of our players. However as said before, if teamplay is not a thing to you we don't really have a base for a discussion.

• What about: This is not a guild of a few selfish players who only want to slay enemies and lets their "small" players participate in SW.

"Selfish players" are there to kill each other! thats the meaning of PVP!

What about "small" players in PVE? noone will give you to even smell near Temple HM loot if you are not ready for this run! ... what if i want to join last ini HM run with my pvp gear 6x sta/m def r/ch ... XD Ha hA HA! This is game for "NOT small" players! There are requirements you need ot have before "you" start .... helping or asking for similar rewards as "selfish players who only want to slay enemies" ! Yes and that is PvP coz those players pput some efort to make PvP gear! and "small player" are too busy to write in forum instead of make few drill grounds minigames farm few bags and make "some" pvp gear!

is 100% similar in pvp and pve! you have gear + skills you play it!

why you think HM ini si not for 36 players ... just to get all "small palyers" (in guild or friend list) inside so they can get some rewards (even memento) WHY?

There is no "free lunch" ... yes small players can help in ini too ... some music,buff ... but NO HM ini is for 12 palyers! is not fair right? Only Gearde palyers enter ini (and some supports with crap gear but 1-2 not an army of them)

Where is Team play where is ""rights of small players""? There is no such things and will never BE!

Now is a free lunch in PVP ... sadly! but time will show!

but about all the other things above

farm 10 min balloons , go to building get buffs go to tower stay 10 min get more buffs, trade merits with alts , butt more alts , go ot castle and make few upgrades ... (if all ok around 40th min of SW you can start "Minegrafting" around castle!?? Right thats work is so hard and im such unthankful slayer???

• Basicly what you are saying is you don't want to support the teamplay

Team play is what you do "together" Farm on tower, cary alts for extract merits is something player do !!!Alone!!! 80 % of time play alone is nothing to do with Team play! It's total oposite of play together :(

I try to save those Players from "merit slavery" i want to break their chains and realiese them to ""play"" There are 100 other things they can do insted of endless "farm balloons buy buffs farm more, buff the alt/alts stay at tower then do upgrades"

All this can be replase by 50-100 line of game coding :)

1. merit replased by other thing that palyer take from kills but it also gofe resours in guild (like crystals) after 25-30 of this kilkl points Guild castle get upgrade all buffs by +1 ... end of story

2. No reason ot warry Upgrader will crash .. have ot start again all = 10 min later with upgrades!

3. Make some Pvp gear is easy and cheap! Less farmers more fightres thats what game need!

• I try to save those Players from "merit slavery" i want to break their chains and realiese them to ""play"" There are 100 other things they can do insted of endless "farm balloons buy buffs farm more, buff the alt/alts stay at tower then do upgrades"

But that is what some players like to do, believe it or not :D

I mean, ofc you put an alt to stand at the tower all the time, but you give him some equipment so he doesn't die and you protect him / the tower. And then there are plenty of things to do, as I said before, I usually need help of other players because it's a lot to do.

• I usually need help of other players because it's a lot to do.

Damn it! let me make char in your server and i will come to help you in all this horrible work !

Sorry it took me half hour to stop rolling on floor, laugh and cry in same time :)

Are you need someone to hold your horse and put a little ladder near so you can mount on horse?

I was in many guilds, too many i think, Seen everything, it's always biggest problem:

1. all who do upgrades are offline! (we cut one fightre to do that even on alt it take time and we lose figter)

2. Too many farmers and too low fighters ... we cant protect well middle enemy rogues pass t ohome then slaughtering farmers and their alts few times = no upgrades! most of farmers are not 700k hp s/wd to erase every enemy rogue near home!

Farmers rare even buff with more then house maid pots! XD (enemy = dead farmer)= 20 merit for enemy +20 for every alt on tower ... 1 Fcap = 100 from tower and 60-80 from farmer alts is 180 merit for the ENEMY! free merits for our enemy!

3. when can't hold home towers clean ! Farmer alts are dying when apear out of castle! = no merit = no upgrades ... just merit for enemys! isnt helpfull realy ... farming system is so broken that is better to be removed at all!

4. When we cant even hold home towers for long (enemy Fcap we also al lthe time) then many farmers quit SW ... see it in many SW-s in too many guild!

But that is what some players like to do, believe it or not

if you are so nice and Brave to tell me name of guild you are in and your Char name i will be glad to visit "your tower" <3 i mean as regular i can <3 good way to test my new r/d right?

, but you give him some equipment so he doesn't die and you protect him

i so gonna check this! <3

• The end of the story is the fact that you either ignore or don't understand. Which is perfectly fine, we all have our linguistic barriers that we're sometimes unable to overcome.

However basic conversation:

- No insults

- No "this is my idea and this is how it has to be" - won't work out, simple

- Having an opinion is a great thing, not more or less

- If your opinion collides with the fact that something cannot be implemented, you can accept it or keep posting the same stuff over and over again. It won't make a difference

You can of course try to lead wars against the teams that - as said dozens of times - trying to help you, but if you haven't noticed in the past: It won't work out.

We are the ones forwarding your feedback. However, if your feedback lacks the point where it makes any sense to even think about it, we are not able to work with your feedback. IF we forwarded what you currently want to have, the reply of those in charge will be nope.

It is as simple as that.

We have tried that in the past. When we tell you that it's not going to happen, it's not because we decided to work against you.

If you wish to have a complete overhaul of the current Siege War, you will have to explain how it makes sense to you. Your explanation and your way of communicating will decide about how it will be.

If you wish to have a brute force event where everything is only about your equipment, then please do describe all of this. It is your wishes and we are here to support you with these suggestions and wishes.

However, the way you are trying to force your opinion onto others is only ending up with having threads closed.

Now with this knowledge you can decide wether you want to continue with this kind of behaviour which won't lead to any kind of change or finally start to evaluate what's more important to you.

Last but not least:

For a better overview (And we don't say that because we want to irritate you), don't throw in random thoughts anywhere into a random thread.

For Example:

When the pvp system you want to suggest is so different than the current Siege War, why are you posting this into a thread about point droppers?

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are laughing at suggestions from others players and calling them crap, it's fair game if they do the same thing. This thread was about how to stop point dropping guilds and it has been sabotaged by these ideas for a whole new SW, which, let's face it, will simply not happen. Developers can't take siege war out of beta in ~7 years. What makes you think they're going to completely rework it? (rhetorical question, no need for an answer).

• Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are laughing at suggestions from others players and calling them crap, it's fair game if they do the same thing. This thread was about how to stop point dropping guilds and it has been sabotaged by these ideas for a whole new SW, which, let's face it, will simply not happen. Developers can't take siege war out of beta in ~7 years. What makes you think they're going to completely rework it? (rhetorical question, no need for an answer).

It's not impossible but a process that takes more time than anyone ever will and does have the patience for.

But for it to be working even in the slightest we need conversations led on the same level. We aren't talking down to the players, we can and do expect the same from our players.

If this simple basic is completely ignored, we are unable to offer the support needed for it to be processed.

• First of all, buffing, farming merits, protecting gate are actually done by different players. I can testify for it. =)

In my guild there are at least 5-6 players working on our castle side. I guess your experience is different, i dont know your situation but maybe think to merge with an other guild or recruit low lv chars if you wonna try a sw run by many players with different roles.

Ofc is largely possibile to play it with small guilds. Among all the sw flaws it surprice me how many different ways it can be enjoyed. There are even guilds with newbies who just fight with cata and rams cause they will be killed on sight by guards or middle ballons. Rom sw has got a certain variability that is often understimated.

More importantly, pvp does keep ppl in the game. Sw is very effective to keep players log every day. I was in many guilds, and the moment sw started to be ignored by members is the moment those guilds started to fall apart.

So i really think SW are a special place where a guild can work entirely as at team. Where even the newbies can determine the win by working hard. Meaningless hard work when we have to face point droppers ofc, no time wasted but no fun.

I think is reasonable asking for changes, but i think is even more reasonable asking for weighted suggestions. Honestly i prefer to play sw for 10 more years in this beta mode instead of some sw proposed here.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• Regarding the topic: I think the topic effectively has changed, we could transfer everything to a new thread. But we might as well stay here^^

if you are so nice and Brave to tell me name of guild you are in and your Char name i will be glad to visit "your tower" <3 i mean as regular i can <3 good way to test my new r/d right?

Nah, that would be a tactical disadvantage :P

1. all who do upgrades are offline! (we cut one fightre to do that even on alt it take time and we lose figter)

2. Too many farmers and too low fighters ... we cant protect well middle enemy rogues pass t ohome then slaughtering farmers and their alts few times = no upgrades! most of farmers are not 700k hp s/wd to erase every enemy rogue near home!

Farmers rare even buff with more then house maid pots! XD (enemy = dead farmer)= 20 merit for enemy +20 for every alt on tower ... 1 Fcap = 100 from tower and 60-80 from farmer alts is 180 merit for the ENEMY! free merits for our enemy!

3. when can't hold home towers clean ! Farmer alts are dying when apear out of castle! = no merit = no upgrades ... just merit for enemys! isnt helpfull realy ... farming system is so broken that is better to be removed at all!

4. When we cant even hold home towers for long (enemy Fcap we also al lthe time) then many farmers quit SW ... see it in many SW-s in too many guild!

These are arguments I can work with :)

1. Well, if a fighter is offline you lose a fighter too. But that's why flexible players are very helpful.
    2. We usually don't reach the 36 (?) player limit so this isn't a concern, there's always something to do.
      And if you have to many farmers that get killed all the time (and therefore give too many merits to the enemy), well, then have them stop standing at the towers. They can use siege weapons or catapults on the walls.
    3. I think it's good that there is at least an incentive to hold these towers. Back in the days where we had no farmers, we did not care about home towers and just capped them in the end since they were easy to attack from the castle. Now we have farmers and try to defend them - it adds some more tactics to SW.
    4. Well, then you should put a fighter or more to the back and defend. Usually, one fighter can defend against two attackers since he has the help of towers etc. I also call for support when my farmer gets attacked at the towers and usually, one of the fighters comes back in time.

• Novar

Closed the thread.