Wishing Well buff in Siege Wars

• Hello everyone.

Guess this issue have been discussed on the old forum in the past, and have caused annoyance to everyone who ever have faced players who take advantage of this buff in siege war. But it is a issue that is worth talking about, a issue that should be taken serious, and hopfully one day get removed.

If you live under a rock:

"Varanas Wishing Well buff" - Simply makes flares of rainbows, flickering lights, and makes your screen a complete chaos, wich in the end makes any run/war very unplayable, resulting in insane amount of crashes.

Not everyone can obtain this 3% buff, as it is very expensive (Chaos Vortex).

In my own opinion, players who have this buff before entering siege war, who can't remove it, should not be allowed to enter the war. And players who enter the war with the buff should get punished with a 3-5 days ban, as they take advantage of the bug, making everyone elses game, hell on earth.

A solution for the "wishing well buff" would be to make it so that it no longer works in siege war zone. Please consider this Gameforge, and make some changes to this nightmare.

<zip>

- Sarkas

• Not everyone can obtain this 3% buff, as it is very expensive (Chaos Vortex).

IIRC you get it if you donate gold into the well, its like 3k gold and very cheap.

The problem is not that buff (you can click that one away, too) but the 12h buff you get when you're unlucky and the well reached one of the thresholds. The only way to avoid the buff is not do donate at all (ever) or be very careful (donating rarely).

So your proposal would essentially forbid PvE players who use the well to go to siege war some times, I think that's not the best solution...

PS: I remember someone explaining that you can easily fix the problem using a minimal model folder (just removing that buff) but I think this is still not allowed.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• It would be nice for siege to make a copy of your buff list when it copies your toon. When you get ported to siege, your real buffs would not be affected; ie, you'd get 1 hour reprieve from your real buff cd's.

This way, RW could make a list of "not acceptable" buffs and can eliminate them prior to your login to the siege zone.

I think that would solve the wishing well buff issue.

A better solution would be for RW to fix the buff animations of course :)

Everyone loves that 12 hour buff for fast leveling :)

• Since RW and GF do not care at all, you can write here hundreds of solutions... and they not even use single one. Best way in my opinion - let players delete that buff like many others.

I want to apologize all Unbreakable guild members, because i was in that sw too. As a new member who joined Venatoris 3 days ago i cant order to leave sw that two players with wishing well buff.

Anyway we talk about it after sw, and i think that was last time they take that 3% buff before war.

The real question here seems to be "Don't you see that the Upgrade System of RoM is way to expensive? "

To that question I would say, what is too expensive? To expensive is a price no one is willing to pay...

by Phelan (responsible for the Community Management, Support, Localization, Facility Management and Human Ressources departments in Gameforge)

• Since RW and GF do not care at all, you can write here hundreds of solutions...

solution is only one and i write song for it:

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan

Give long Bannann!!!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan!

To all who use this!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan

if they are recorded!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan!

Give Banan so they

"eat banan" a few weeks!

Ban, Ban Bann!

Ban /Ban/Bannan <3

• i play severed times against X guild and every time one guy have that buff so idk what to say :D but yeah best solutions at least should let any player to remove it

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• Pretty sure everyone knows of the 'exploit' of wishing well buffs by now, so ignorance is hardly a good defence - if there is evidence of people using the buff in sw then they should be banned imo.

If anyone says "but well you can't remove the buff" or similar arguments, nobody is forcing you to enter siege war with the buff. You won't die if you skip sw for 1 day, heck, most players have tonnes of alts nowadays that they can play anyway. So, weak excuse.

+ FEEDBACK : Why are the wishing well NPCs only enabled on German and a few other EU servers? We cleared Chaos Vortex about 3 months ago on Vidar and there has been nothing at varanas wishing well since then. Did post about this on old forum as well but got no response, it's another nice buff to have for instances which we cannot get but other servers can.

+ Chaos Vortex is nice fun ini, would be good to have more chances to play it.

Edited once, last by aktl ().

• + FEEDBACK : Why are the wishing well NPCs only enabled on German and a few other EU servers? We cleared Chaos Vortex about 3 months ago on Vidar and there has been nothing at varanas wishing well since then. Did post about this on old forum as well but got no response, it's another nice buff to have for instances which we cannot get but other servers can.

That means also only German servers can exploit the wishing well buff atm, while players from other servers can only hope to find fair oppo.

Wiped at 0% Will's Curse - Medusa - Andriol - Vrantal - Charionys - Naos - Yawaka - Gugolar

• If our GM-s was doing SW regularly and suffer from the effect of "wishing well buffs" this "problem" would be long time ago fixed and forgotten!

Problem is that i doubt GM-s at Runes of Magic are realy play this game :)

Thats why There are players/guilds dancing on the edge of abuse/exploit !

There is a peoples so arogant to get this "wishing well buffs" right before SW with the only purpose to make their oponents just crash :)

but you have to know my opinion about that:)

<zip>

<zip>

- Sarkas

• Sarkas

Closed the thread.