multiboxing to level alts

• hello,

i was thinking now that i have a maxed main for a while, alts might be usefull for me. Am i allowed to use multiboxing to level up 6 accout at the same time? without this i would only play 1 acc and have 5 accounts "afk" on follow, i think (i have never used multiboxing so idk how it works) but i think if i would usemultibox i would be able to set up a basic kittycombo so that the tank alt can tank the monsters the dps can attack and the healer will heal the rest of the party. since i would purly use this to lvl up not to solo max lvl ini or farm something to sell i think this wouldn't break the game and might be allowed?

would like some feedback so i can't get my main banned :p

kind regards,

robin (takemyblessing on server idun)

• As far as I know is ok for you to having the alts following to lvl up, but just that, they can't be doing anything else (not healing, tanking nor dps). But for sure some GM can tell you better whats allowed.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Most long-term players do dailies on multiple accounts "in group". You will often see groups of toons dragging along through Inferno Gardens while one does the slaying and the others just stay close so they get the credit. There are a half-dozen other "group quests" between there and the end-game zones that are simple to complete. That's acceptable.

When you start setting up multiple toons in party to function autonomously while you operate the main, that's a form of botting. Botting is no bueno.

Any quest where one toon is killing mobs and nothing has to be collected, such as fur or seeds or whatever, can be done in group. There is one in Coast of Opportunity at level 23 that involves destroying traps. That's an easy one, but the characters in the party all have to be within a certain distance of the trap that is being destroyed, so after each one turns the quest in hit < F2 \ > which will cause them all to follow the main toon. As you run the game you will find other easy ones along the way to level 100.

• There is an add-on for auto-accepting invites. That's fine. By autonomously, I mean you can't set up a healer to follow you around and cast heals without you switching to the healer. You can't have an alt doing doing DPS without you switching to the alt to initiate the DPS. For example, you have a scout following you around. When you target a mob or a boss, you can switch windows to the scout, hit <F> so the scout changes its target to the thing you are trying to kill, then trigger auto-shot, and go back to your main. That's not botting. It requires you to take action (some kind of keystrokes) with the scout. You can have a healer follow you and switch windows to the healer when you need a boost or a resurrection. Again, You have to take action yourself. If you build a macro for the healer that just loops back and throws a heal all by itself every so many seconds until you stop it, then you are botting.

Some players bring a "pocket healer" into siege that follows their main around on an auto-heal macro of some sort. If they get reported by another player, Gameforge will check the record of that siege and that cheater will receive some sort of administrative action.

Auto accept invitations are okay because all that really does is save you time. It doesn't gain you any other type of advantage.

If I am wrong, will some CM or GM who is monitoring the forum, please correct me?

• Some players bring a "pocket healer" into siege that follows their main around on an auto-heal macro of some sort. If they get reported by another player, Gameforge will check the record of that siege and that cheater will receive some sort of administrative action.

oo that is call pocket healer, just i did a SW with so many only almost each player had or d/r or a r/p folow them when you saw them was like a army

i mean 400k hp heallers

• Basicly any addon that saves you a click is some sort of "automation". If we were expert ultra level strict even addons like accepting invites or invite addons would be banned (they are not).

Within the team we need to check the level of automation. On the other hand multibox is a no brainer as it is a third party program covered by the ToS and doesn't need any further discussion.

Now here's a thread that supposedly helps deciding to not automate certain things in the game: AFK: What is and is not allowed

If anyone is still unclear about wether what they plan to do in the game is an automation, please submit a ticket to support, because the forum is not an idea factory to circumvent existing rules.

• Sarkas

Closed the thread.