Scout/Rogue DPS Question

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Hello guys,

I would like to ask for some advice and your point of view on some things.

One day i was talking with a friend who also plays a scout but he plays Scout/Warden.

He takes a look at my gear and says that i should hit higher then what I was hitting considering the gear I have. He said to me that Im either doing something wrong or there's something wrong with my character. It might be that i am doing something wrong indeed but I don't really think there can be something wrong with your character stats wise since ROM does distribute stats by itself to your character as you level up. The only thing that can be done wrong is to not have the correct stats on your gear. I am mostly a dex/patk scout. Most of my gear has dex/patk x6 or 1x str/patk and 5x dex/patk or 2x str/patk 4 dex/patk.

My current goal is to hit Jenny from tosh(HM) hard enough so I can kill her in one snipe.

Currently with whatever i tried I could not hit more then 17 million. (using a transformation potion from Itemshop) and the strongest arrows from New Pantheon.

My Blood Arrow and Snipe are both on Lv. 100.

My Base stats are these:

226063 Patk (Guild Buffs + house Buffs)

42175 Pdmg

144% PCrit Damage (2 Rings)

86% Critical Hit Chance

These are the potions that i use before attacking the boss and in this exact order.

Hero Potion

Patk Food the highest one available

Vanilla Strawberry Desert,

Elegant Cuisine Delicacy

(The items above have a longer duration so i am activating them first.)

My stats turn to

295137 Patk (Guild Buffs + house Buffs)

42175 Pdmg

144% PCrit Damage (2 Rings)

The following potions and foods have short duration and i am activating them in this order:

Target Area

Caviar Sandwich

Concentration

Magic Lute

Magic Tambourine

Blood Arrow

Strong Stimulant

Arcane Potion

Extinction Potion

Archer's Glory

Arrow of Essence

My Xbow is a summon the dead + 23 t12.

Things that i don't yet have because this is my first character on ROM.

- Pet only recently started leveling. ATM at lv 25.

- No Hunter Stance (Still using archer's glory)

- No cenedrils (Tatuin and the other one)

- No Damage Cards (I do not know yet what that is)

- No HOE accessories.

- Some but not all my items have 4/4 runes.

Things that I do know:

Scout Warden has 10% More Damage on snipe if crit. Also has 1 or 2 additonal damage buffs from the warden side which scout/rogue does not have.

I know that there are HOE Buffs, Warock buffs, Druid buffs and some kind of turkey food on the floor that increase Patk. But i am not trying to count these

because i might not always be able to get them.

Was saying to my friend that the reason why I only hit 17 million on Jenny even tho it seems that we have pretty equal gear might be because I am missing the things listed above.

Which are not necessarily stats that you see just by inspecting someone's equipment. According to him he can hit Jenny for 30 million therefor killing her in one shot. I never seen him do that thou.

Do you maybe think that the order in which i activate my buffs and food may affect my overall damage? Basically the moment snipe fires away all the buffs and foods listed above are on, so

I do not think that i am missing something.

Open to any advice and improvements.

Considering everything written in this post. Do you think that 17 mil snipe is 2 low? Should i really be able to hit more? Is there something wrong? or am i doing something wrong?

Thankyou for reading this and any tips and advice is welcome.

Cheers

Avo.

• For low defense targets your better off with damage food over attack. You could also get Aoth Strike Cape buff but it's pretty minor.

HoE stuff is a nice boost but your pet is killing you. Ignoring any stat increase the pet skills increase atk speed5%/patk5%/hp/def10%
    You can just dump gold into your pet through millers cakes and trade golden eggs with pet zone npc for all the pet tp pots you need

• Bakken Golden Eggs? I do know about dumping gold for food to increase level. but i am not sure what you mean with golden eggs. Yes i know i have to somehow train its TP also for the skills but im not 100% sure how.

• When I need to play 2 instruments, I play lute as first. Then 4 skills/potions followed by tamborine and finishing with the rest of the skills/potions. While playing the instrument you can use/cast the skills and potions, just beware that when the instrument finishes and you click the next skill/pot, it's possible that it gets cancelled.

• Is not really much you can be doing wrong for killing Jenny with 1 snipe (I mean, there is not rotation involved there). You just need to improve some things: your pet skills, hunter stance would be the first. Cenedrils and runes are important, but is something you will see reflected in your patk, so I wont take it in consideration right now. How high is the plussing of your rings? and dmg cards are the cards from the draco pets (some give dmg, mdmg, pdef...).

Golden eggs you can buy with the coins you get doing mirror world instances, and then go to Miller's Ranch to trade them for potions for your pet.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Aramis Thankyou! I did notice that you can activate other things while playing instruments. I also noticed that it cancels the buff and I could not put my finger on it as in why its doing that. So you are saying that as long as i do not use food or a buff at the moment where the instrument is finishing i should be fine. Right?.

Tam_Cry

yes i will work on my pet and getting the hunter Stance ISS.

My rings are as follows:

Defender Ring of Balance T8 +24 at 74% CD.

Finger Ring of the Silent Soul Corpora T7 +22 at 69% CD.

• The first thing you want to do with your pet is get its aptitude to 100. I think there is an IS item for that, but if not you can trade 3 golden eggs for an Awakening potion which converts 1000 training points into one aptitude point. Best way to get training points is from the amulets given during the GF anniversary event (or, you can buy them from the IS). Also, the Anniversary event is a great place to get pet experience charms for levelling up your pet. Anniversary is in a couple months; personally I would wait for that before doing anything with your pet.

The reason you want your aptitude at 100, is that that determines how many points your pet gains each time it levels. The higher its aptitude the more points it gets.

Golden eggs you can get from Mirror world vendor, or, you can get one a day from the quest in the pet farm.

• Corwin

Thanks. I am taking care of the pet. :) Also got my Hunter Stance ISS.

Is there a difference to lets say the order in which you do things? what if you level it first and then fix its aptitude? would the stats addapt? Or you have do do aptitute to gain the most out of the level?

• Ask someone to buff you if you don't have a d/w, priest or warlock. If you get priest buff, use damage food. If you get d/w buff, use patt food (play with both types to see if any diference). Get a wife ...preferably a druid/warrior :).

• also rolling to scout(100)/warden(70) who hits snipe way harder when soloing would be increase as well

Yes. That was the main discussion between me and my friend in the main post. He is s/wd and I am s/r and he thinks I should hit harder considering the gear I have meanwhile forgetting his 2nd class is warden. + having all these things that i don't due to the fact that he has been playing for a long time. (mentioned in the first post above.)

• I have gone to Miller's farm several times with golden eggs in my backpack trying to find the training pots on the NPC. I cannot find them. Someone clue me in, please.

• I have gone to Miller's farm several times with golden eggs in my backpack trying to find the training pots on the NPC. I cannot find them. Someone clue me in, please.

Grumpdaddy There's a little training "quest" that you have to do. right next to him or he himself gives you this training. After you complete catching a magic cavy you will See the option Exchange golden eggs. On the same guy.