WD/D in pvp

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • After playing wd/w im thinking about a combo of wd/d in pvp. Mdmg of earth spirit essence looks nice.

Should i use cloth pvp gear? maybe mixed one?

What weapon? magic one?

Maybe leave the chain armor but change accesory for magic ones?

is it worth it?

• If you want to do more magic damage, you might consider the black codex gear. There are chain pieces at every zone level that offer Intelligence and magic attack attributes (ghost stats) as well as the two-handed axes.

Similarly, if I were building a p/w to take advantage of its physical damage capabilities, there is codex cloth with physical damage attributes. M/R should probably use a black codex dagger for the matk attribute. I am of the opinion that a large percentage of the black codex gear is intended for hybrid class combinations.

• The Black Codex gear is absolutely geared toward hybrid classes. The unfortunate thing is that they just do not work well, or, I should say not as well as the regular instance gear. The lack of set bonuses basically relegates codex gear to last place.

As for Wd/D, they can hit really hard with Earth Spirit Essence using a staff, but a staff does not lend itself well to the Wardens other skills. For a couple months Nohopes rocked a Wd/D in seige, then he switched back. If you see him you might ask why.

• Well yesterday we fought against some guild and a wd/d was very annoying there :D he had pvp cloth with half sta/hp and half sta/mdef on gear and healer accesory with sta/wis. He was also swaping between his staff and a dagger+talisman, dont know why. He completly outclassed my wd/w.