Do Improvement Jewels actually work?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I recently purchased Infinite star jewels to the tune of 2400 diamonds thinking I would raise the power level of a weapon, I was sadly mistaken. In reality I did raise the power from 20 to 21 with the rest being fails. Can anyone tell me the correct ratio of jewels that actually work? Or is this just another one of the endless rip offs perpetrated on the increasingly shrinking RoM fan base?

• Wow 7500 diamonds to raise 4 levels? Not sure about anyone else but I like spending my hard earned money on items that actually work!

Yeap, actually i got to +24 with the first 10 jewels, the rest were failing to get to +25 and trying to get +24 again. You are in the wrong game if you want to pay for things that actually work, here is all a bet, and with really bad chances.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• the following table results from the data

step Upgrade Downgrade
    20th 75% 0%

21st

40% 0%
    22nd 30% 40%
    23 20% 50%
    24 20% 50%
    25th 20% 40%
    26th 20% 40%
    27 20% 40%
    28 20% 40%
    29 20% 40%

Missing % is just fail

These numbers were pulled from the games code

• Wow 7500 diamonds to raise 4 levels? Not sure about anyone else but I like spending my hard earned money on items that actually work!

It does work, but to have a GOOD chance of success you need Refining Gems that are better than the item you are plussing. I have never figured out the exact formula, but if the item is Normal, you need Good gems, if the item is Good you need Rare or Item Shop gems. It is less of a science than an art. I have dropped 20 Normal gems to raise a Good item +1, but it CAN succeed, it just has a much smaller chance.

Honestly, I have played a few Eastern games over the years, such as Aion and RoM, and they all have this grind/random "feature". I watched a player in my guild rage-quit after spending a month gathering parts he needed for his Master Artisan rank. After the third failure, and MILLIONS of coin and HUNDREDS of hours spent, he deleted his toons and uninstalled.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• if the item is Normal, you need Good gems, if the item is Good you need Rare or Item Shop gems. It is less of a science than an art. I have dropped 20 Normal gems to raise a Good item +1, but it CAN succeed, it just has a much smaller chance.

If you thought those +30 rates were bad check out those 'normal' vendor jewels. These aren't random statistics. These are pulled from game files.

I'll just leave this here...

XX stone - class I-VIII

Plus level Upgrade Sink
    0 -> 1

20% 0%

1 -> 2

20% 80%
    2 -> 3

20% 80%
    3 -> 4

20% 80%
    4 -> 5

20% 80%
    5 -> 6

20% 80%

high quality XX stone - class VI-VIII

step Upgrade Sink
    6 -> 7

3%

0%
    7 -> 8

3% 97%
    8 -> 9

3% 97%
    9 -> 10

3% 97%
    10 -> 11

3% 97%
    11 -> 12

3% 97%

Original post with all numbers and how to get these numbers yourself Here
    This means it's harder to +6 with vendors than to +30 and +12 is just not ever happening ever.

• Yes Bakken normal vendor jewels are worthless and as I have found out the 21 to 30 jewels are not much better. I can see why people get upset over situations such as this, as I myself who has literally spent several thousand US dollars on this game only to see the code reality of Item Shop jewels are nothing but a scam. RoM only hurts its self with this type of greed because now (being a diamond seller) I will refuse to sell diamonds for the purpose of jewels because it is a scam. Does RoM not realize that if items have a higher sucess rate the more more people will want to buy them? oh well there loss!

• You know where can I find the rates for the universal jewels from the wheel of destiny? I've checked those files and there is no info for universal jewels, at least that i could find.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

• I have NOT done the Wheel in the new iteration. This is what I had on the original launch. https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/Wheel_of_Destiny

I do not see any "universal" gems in the list. Yoman has not yet updated RoM-Welten since the latest patch so I assume the "universal" gems are not listed.

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

• OK, I have done the new prizes for Level 1. Click on the Potential Prizes link on the bottom of the Wheel of Destiny UI. I will get Level 2 and 3 listed this afternoon.

Anyway, Universal Jewels work on any equipment type and has a chance of failure.

Tempered is +16 to +20

Infinite is +20 to +30

Perfect Infinite and Tempered is 100% reliable.

Edited once, last by Bludwyng ().

• Yes, i got a lot, i wanna know the % of failure, since checking the fdb files i can't find info about it for these ones.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

• Ask SaitoHajime in the RoM Discord server. He can tell you.

• Some official admin could tell me if official information on the game is to be seek on this forum or on the evanescent discord chat line ?

There is already so few information... If it is needed to monitor the discord chat to gather official information it's a pity...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• Some official admin could tell me if official information on the game is to be seek on this forum or on the evanescent discord chat line ?

There is already so few information... If it is needed to monitor the discord chat to gather official information it's a pity...

I'd also be surprised if the GMs actually know any of this information anyway. We've asked for this info for over a DECADE and it took players extracting the raw data to finally get answers.

Not a jab at our GMs, Our GMs are volunteers not paid employees with proper server tools/access

Yes. When a GM or Admin speaks here, it is as official as it gets. When the same speaks on the Official RoM Discord server, it is also official. However, be aware that old players and busybodies like myself can also speak in both places and we are considerably less official, although often just as informative.

As to the Discord server, I have often asked SaitoHajime very speciic questions about the mechanics of the game, and he often comes back with deep and full explanations of how it works, all the way to the scripts behind the actions to answer my query. He is "Da Man".