Calendar date format.

• I see that the maintenance this week is 5-11-2020. Here in the western hemisphere, that means there wont be another maintenance until May 11th of this year, which has already passed. Perhaps we can switch over to the NATO/Travel industry standard. Maintenance will be on 5NOV2020 or 5 Nov 2020.

This is only a suggestion, not a criticism.

• I'm also in the western hemisphere and here 5-11-2020 means november 5th, 2020. Maybe you should be more specific about location, is just an observation ;)

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• I am good with year first, then month, then date. In the US(just for clarity, 5/11 is May 11th. It was also the US scientific community that insisted that all newly discovered metallic elements must end in -ium. The very next element identified? Aluminium, which US scientists then tried to insist the world leave out that "i". No one listened to us and good for the rest of the world.

WE are also one of only two country that are still using inches, unless Liberia switched.

• We're talking here about a company which is located in germany with most (few exceptions as far as I'm aware of) working in germany. Although the internal communication within Gameforge is english, it doesn't change the fact that they are sitting in germany (while the volunteer teamlers are spread over the whole globe).

German dates are DD/MM/YYYY

Basicly from most used to less used. I'm not saying that we can't have any changes in that at all, we can of course forward these concerns, if you wish us to do so.

When we (the teamlers/GMs) announce events, we always write out the month for as less confusion as possible.

• Well, actually German dates are DD.MM.YYYY, with a dot. But now I am going to shock some Germans:

The ISO 8601 conforming YYYY-MM-DD is the official German date format according to our German norm!

It is true! Look it up!

Even more, between 1996 and 2001 it was in fact the only single numerical date format conforming to the norm. Only because people continued to use the DD.MM.YYYY format it was changed again in 2001. DD.MM.YYYY was again allowed, but only if there won't be any misunderstandings. And in 2020 this got restricted to use only within Germany.

• Europe uses DD/MM/YYYY format

Asia, I think, uses YYYY/MM/DD format

United States uses MM/DD/YYYY format, which I find silly (I moved to US from Europe)

So I know which dates mods are talking about, but maybe for those who have no idea what's going on in the rest of the world the mods can use DD <month spelled out or abbreviated> YYYY :-D

• So shocking, I can barely hold it together

Somehow I get the feeling that since the US election nothing else counts as "shocking" anymore ...

Europe uses DD/MM/YYYY format

Asia, I think, uses YYYY/MM/DD format

United States uses MM/DD/YYYY format, which I find silly (I moved to US from Europe)

English Wikipedia has a nice list and map: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Date_format_by_country