Binding problem just solved itself

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Affected Class/Skill/Quest/Festival/Other: All characters

Description:
    Binding.txt file does not exist to launcher/client.exe. Bindings/hotkeys are default and even if attempted to change in game will revert to default upon entering character screen.
    I watched my documents RoM folder to watch the savevariables and bindings update but only savevariables and a banner file updated, the bindings.txt file did not update on client close.
    Things I've tried-
    Deleting client/launcher.exe redownload
    Deleting interface.fdb and redownload
    Nocheckversion launch
    Reinstalling entire game
    Deleting documents RoM folder
    using server save and inputing new binds

Server: any server

Version:8.0.50727.762

Was going to post this as a legitimate support ticket last night but I decided to take a break and check tomorrow. When I logged on today- everything is back to normal... idk what happened but it's ok now haha
    Thought I would just share this odd experience.

• a week later it just broke itself again...
    In the morning it was fine, afternoon back to square one of default keybinds and unable to save new ones.

I didn't do a single thing to client or gameforge client I have no clue how this could be happening

• wow I feel dumb, after a couple more ideas found out it's Avast causing this specific issue somehow.

Anyone else with the same problem just update/add firewall exceptions or just do the disable shields for 5mins when launching game

• It isn't just Avast. It was AVG for me. Another guild member had to disable all of his anti-virus to get past it.

Here;

d7ce56f90bf373c5a6e8cd40fa11b8c4.png

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3