game profiles

• hi all, someone can you help me for create 2 or 3 game profile for start game without addons (or a few) for example for siege war?cenre answer one time and in that forum him spoke about file.bat...but i'm noob and i don't unerstand how to configure it step by step...someone ?ty so much

• i want create 2 rom folder :1 for sw and one for normal game ....inside interface sw's folder i'd like to use just a few addons for downgrade crashes:)how can i do it

• So if you just want to have two separate Interface folders, you can do this:

- Create a new Interface folder within RoM folder and call it Interface-SW, for example

- Open Notepad program on your computer and paste this code into it:

Code
    1. if not exist "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" goto end
    2. ren "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-nonSW
    3. ren "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" Interface
    4. :end

- Replace <path to Runes of Magic folder> with the actual path. If it's not on C drive, also replace C with whatever letter it should be

- Save this file as SW.bat anywhere you want. Make sure it's saved as .BAT file and not as a Notepad .TXT file. .BAT is a script file that you can run.

- Open notepad again and paste this code into it:

Code
    1. if not exist "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" goto end
    2. ren "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-SW
    3. ren "C:\<path to Runes of Magic folder>\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" Interface

- Again, replace path and drive as needed and save as non-SW.bat

What these script do:

- The first script checks if SW Interface folder exists. If it exists, it renames the regular Interface folder into Interface-nonSW, then renames Interface-SW folder into Interface. If it doesn't exist (meaning the Interface folder already is the folder for SW), then it just exists the script.

- The second script does a similar thing. It checks if non SW Interface folder exists. If it exists, it renames Interface folder into Interface-SW, then renames Interface-nonSW into Interface. If it doesn't exist (meaning the Interface folder is already the folder for non-SW), it just exits the scripts.

So depending on what you need, you run one script or the other before starting RoM. I tested on my computer, and they work fine. If they dont' work for you, let me know, and we'll fine-tune them.

• i create new interface folder inside rom folder , now i have 2 interface folder:

1 interface

2 interface-SW

i have 2 bat file :

1 interface-SW

2 non-SW

inside interface-SW:

if not exist "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" goto end

ren "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-nonSW

ren "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" Interface

:end

inside non-SW:

if not exist "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" goto end

ren "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-SW

ren "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" Interface

i removed the sign ">""<" right?

not works for me if all right here

i have gameforge app for start client usually, but i have client.exe on desktop too.......if you click on client gameforge app start.them are not indipendence

i'm thinking also the prblems about documents settings for all addons when you switch on2 interface .....

Edited once, last by nuk79 ().

• The game folder itself? Then you would have this:

"C:\giochi\runes of magic\Interface"

"C:\giochi\runes of magic\Interface-SW"

"C:\giochi\runes of magic\Interface-nonSW"

Make sure to include quotation marks.

• in "C"(harddisk") there is a games folder, inside i have runes of magic folder,inside runes of magic folder i have interface folder and interface-SW folder.you spoke about 2 interface folder right?

if is correct just i need to bats like before ?are was correct?

• bat1:

if not exist "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" goto end

ren "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-nonSW

ren "C:\interface-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" Interface

bat2

if not exist "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" goto end

ren "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-SW

ren "C:\non-SW\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" Interface

in runes of magic folder i have 3 interface folders:

interface

interface-SW

interface-nonSW

all correct?

• No.

Delete Interface-nonSW folder, it will be created by scripts.

You should only have two interface folders - C:\giochi\runes of magic\Interface, which has your non-SW add-ons, and C:\giochi\runes of magic\Interface-SW, which you created and which should only have SW add-ons.

Now your scripts will looks like this:

Code
    1. if not exist "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" goto end
    2. ren "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-nonSW
    3. ren "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface-SW" Interface

Code
    1. if not exist "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" goto end
    2. ren "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface" Interface-SW
    3. ren "C:\giochi\Runes of Magic\Interface-nonSW" Interface
  • i have a prob.if i click on non-sw.bat the default interface folder will be empty but in interface non-SW i have addons folder but empty....interface folder usually have addons folder too where inside there are all addons ..i think something wrong in .bat file .....

Edited 3 times, last by nuk79 ().

• i have sw addons in interface folder sw .......but not works......inside interface folder there is another folder called "addons" m8......maybe do you forget in a script after string?check it pls