Things You Wish You Knew

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I'm so bored at work. Let's have a good laugh (or cry) and reply below with Things You Wish You Knew back when you first started playing RoM!

Even tho I'm new, I'll start:

I wish I knew that losing siege granted 500 honor points ;( rofl :D

You next!

Maybe you will help me or any other newbie who stumbles upon this place :D

• I wish i knew that the developer & publisher would run the game into the ground so i wouldn't get hooked.

Honestly I probably should have seen this one coming, but I didn't want to promote any bad blood.

This should be a fun thread only. Trust me when I say I understand your position, but there's so much to learn in this game that I'm sure we've all had some facepalm moments and I was just hoping you all wouldn't mind sharing some with me.

Just for fun.

Come on, I'm sure you've got at least one :)

• I wish I knew SW would be still in beta 10 years later... oh no, sorry, I'll try again. I wish I knew diamonds would be taken out from AH and never come back... oh f***, i did it again!

Sorry, I'm with Cenre here, but good luck!

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• I wish I knew SW would be still in beta 10 years later... oh no, sorry, I'll try again. I wish I knew diamonds would be taken out from AH and never come back... oh f***, i did it again!

Sorry, I'm with Cenre here, but good luck!

Sir, you can't say "never" when "forever" hasn't happened yet LOL I'm kidding.

Honestly I understand, I've read most of these threads so I already know you guys have been complaining about this for some time (and rightfully so,) but I did want to have a fun thread and I don't want it to get closed down for inciting a riot 8o

• It would've been nice to know how this whole peak/pantheon thing was going to turn out.
    I wish I knew they were going to make some ruby things ungiftable after 10 years so I could've stocked up...

For a happier one knowing exactly how loot works back in ch1 would've helped a lot.
    A few I don't want to mention in fear of being nerfed haha

• It would've been nice to know how this whole peak/pantheon thing was going to turn out.
    I wish I knew they were going to make some ruby things ungiftable after 10 years so I could've stocked up...

For a happier one knowing exactly how loot works back in ch1 would've helped a lot.
    A few I don't want to mention in fear of being nerfed haha

What do you mean how loot works? Do you mind elaborating for me?

And rofl you can always DM me the unmentionables xD

• The main things being how legitimate honor parties effect loot, certain things only working if in party(lol), Having dungeonloot addon to view mob loot tables and probably most importantly understanding how loot events calculate.
    Overworld loot increase multiplies the base drop chance of things before your personal% applies. So if an event gives you a 100% drop 'buff' that's +100% to your personal% but 100% overworld basically doubles your drop rate and adds more the more you buff- you get like 5x more out of it.

for the 'unmentionables' I'll just say there are buffs, potions and temp items that 99% of players don't use but are crazy strong both pvp/pve. A bunch of them being buried in random quest lines to find :)
    There's this 1 potion that gives 50% attack speed and 100% accuracy for 10 seconds increase it's nuts.

Sig.png
    RAScrn-Shot-20221104-165552.jpg
    Since Beta 2009-03-05
    Youtube

Edited once, last by Bakken ().

• Nice thread! Too bad people feel the need to complain everywhere...

I wish I knew the following things when I first started RoM:

- Mage / Priest is not as strong in endgame as it looked at low level.

- How valuable Goblin Mines is for getting good stats.

- The enermous added value of housemaids.

• The main things being how legitimate honor parties effect loot, certain things only working if in party(lol), Having dungeonloot addon to view mob loot tables and probably most importantly understanding how loot events calculate.
    Overworld loot increase multiplies the base drop chance of things before your personal% applies. So if an event gives you a 100% drop 'buff' that's +100% to your personal% but 100% overworld basically doubles your drop rate and adds more the more you buff- you get like 5x more out of it.

for the 'unmentionables' I'll just say there are buffs, potions and temp items that 99% of players don't use but are crazy strong both pvp/pve. A bunch of them being buried in random quest lines to find :)
    There's this 1 potion that gives 50% attack speed and 100% accuracy for 10 seconds increase it's nuts.

Dungeonloots is the best, especially for Shells/Honor/Memento pulls.

Unsure about what Overworld is @_@ Wish I knew, it sounds really good rofl

And I see! That's really cool, some of the quests so give great things. On that note, Joey Klongen in Ystra Highlands starts a quest chain that gives 4 free purified fusion stones along with some other great goodies. No one really quests there anymore, it seems, I wonder how many people miss out on that.

We'll leave your secret where it lays :)

• Rofl omg... *is mage/priest* I did see that, which was really upsetting but I figure I'll just ride it through for now. Making alts in this game isn't too difficult, especially with the plvl options and frequent double xp. Biggest issue is the (possible) remaking of gear @_@

I agree on Goblin Mines 100%. Do you think the maze in Sascillia Steppes is also worth it?

Yes. Maids seem expensive at first but they're invaluable. What's up with those two random rows of slots that you can't fill in their inventory? LOL Like.. just delete it? :D

• by overworld I just mean the event is active everywhere the whole time, like this weekends event

It used to be common to have hilary/eve/etc to give you a temp buff for loot which I used to think was the same thing

omg class combo is a good one I actually started out as a k/r... lol

• Ah thank you for the explanation!! That makes more sense and I like the sound of that ^^

• I wish I knew ...

Siochain and Macantacht merge, probably i dont play both and

my character become stronger.

Some item drops deleted, probably i keep some of these.

Some class never ever nerfed or buffed, i play only Rogue/Mage

---

Game always empty.

I really like this.

I feel elite.

• LOL Please :D be nice!!!

• Quote from mamachia:

Maids seem expensive at first but they're invaluable. What's up with those two random rows of slots that you can't fill in their inventory? LOL Like.. just delete it? :D

I fill them all the time. you just have to drag stuff from your bags to the empty slots. Gear I am working on gets stored on the housemaid, and the stats I collect for it goes in those 2 rows.

Not random

PS yes, I know I am late to the party. I don't read everything every day.

• Vestin and garsit I'm raising , these serendiles had common skills that I saw in the gamepedia

but , I can't see any skills, How to get skill from cerendil ??

• Just to clarify, there is a difference between a cenedril and a pet. Yes there are specific "Trios" of steadfast, dynamic and mystical. Two of them will give you an additional skill when running them together. The level of the skill is the average of the level of the two cenedrils.

When you have a correct pair selected, a skill will appear in the upper left corner of the cenedril interface. It has to be dragged from there to your action bar to use it.