Things You Wish You Knew

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • @OP I wish I knew to spend my 200k something honor points before they nerfed it to the current 25k cap and deleted it haha

Yes same, although I still think the current 25k cap is a little low considering the prices of honor gear at OS.

I wish I knew sooner that shield form should not be maxed as Ch/R. That would have saved a lot of dias to reset TP a few times.

• I wish I knew sooner that shield form should not be maxed as Ch/R. That would have saved a lot of dias to reset TP a few times.

Shield form is intended for tanking. I still use it for grinding, but like knights, shield form DPS is intended to be lower and survive-ability high. I say max it out.

• I wish I knew sooner that shield form should not be maxed as Ch/R. That would have saved a lot of dias to reset TP a few times.

Shield form is intended for tanking. I still use it for grinding, but like knights, shield form DPS is intended to be lower and survive-ability high. I say max it out.

No. chain drive is triggered more often in shield form. unskilled shield form dmg > Disassembly Mode dmg

• What is mysterious Auras activity? (written in the winter events content), shows the last dungeons (NM , HM)

https://runesofmagic.fandom.co…ysterious_Auras?so=search

Basically, iirc, it is a POM event. Bosses in the named instances will drop POMs.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• I think it's 5% patt/matt, some hp buff and a def buff. But typically only given for vor/ibp/coe/bp type instances, iss runs. U get 3 alt skills which you can enable if you like or leave them as they are. I dont think its part of this event though. They only apply when you are in the instance

• Useful discovery for priests and Druids-

P and D cannot equip daggers. If you are trying to gain the advantage of a second loot or experience rune you have to either go /s for the bow or use a wand and one-hand hammer. Dwarves of course cannot do scout, so we wait until level 60 to get a hammer that is not main-hand only.

Or so I thought. Recently while doing a peak hunt, Geba dropped a level 55 "Hammer of the Cliffs" that simply said "1-hand". My C/R is already peak 10, so I am power-leveling additional classes during the Christmas bonus xp. This morning I set up my p/r with a wand and at 55 I equipped the hammer with the extra exp rune. Sure enough. Works. There is also a blue "blast war hammer" that can drop on at least 2 different bosses that also says "1-hand" but I haven't tried them.

Useful info for dwarves.

• What is mysterious Auras activity? (written in the winter events content), shows the last dungeons (NM , HM)

https://runesofmagic.fandom.co…ysterious_Auras?so=search

Basically, iirc, it is a POM event. Bosses in the named instances will drop POMs.

no its not pom event, it gives extra bar with 3 different buffs for some inis, buffs is def/mdef, HP, matt/patt

Well, in my defense I have never run it. Was just running off memory (which is as faulty as the rest of my ever-aging corpus). Merry Christmas, all.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Can we run the game if we download it and put it in the flashdisk? (Flash drive)

so is it possible to play this game with flash memory?

the purpose is to play in places like internet cafes

Edited once, last by salaazar ().

• so is it possible to play this game with flash memory?

Yes. Some people are recently reporting, though, that changes in an account's login IPA are causing security triggers.

It might be easier to buy a laptop instead of a notebook so you have an internal SSD storage. Certainly that's what I would do.