rom folder sw

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • good evening, many of you know the problems of crashes in the sw, also due to the use of addons. In this regard I would like to know how to create an additional rom folder (rom game folder) where only addons are placed in the "interface" folder some addons that are needed (for example the trade of merits) I ask this because the start of the game is combined with the gameforge application and then clicking on the game's.exe I can only start one. thanks in advancegood evening, many of you know the problems of crashes in the sw, also due to the use of addons. In this regard I would like to know how to create an additional rom folder (rom game folder) where only addons are placed in the "interface" folder some addons that are needed (for example the trade of merits) I ask this because the start of the game is combined with the gameforge application and then clicking on the game's.exe I can only start one. thanks in advance

• People used to make a copy of the RoM folder for SW, but I am not sure if it would work now.

You could create another Interface folder and then create two Windows scripts that would rename them based on whether you need them for SW or for regular play, and after running one of the scripts you would start RoM.

• I have two Interface folders, and keep with the name Interface only the one i want at the time, depending if i am in SW or not (and keep the other one with another name ofc).

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• So you're going to want to make two addon folders, one will be for siege addons called "Interface-sw" and one will be just the regular "Interface" then create the 2 batch files and make the adjustments for it to work on your PC. You'll need to add your path to game folder & adjust the name of your PC for the documents folder.

After that you're good to go, just run the bat file before & after siege, you'll need to setup your addon settings again unless you want to copy the hidden my documents folder & rename it to Runes of Magic-sw.

PS: Not the best at .bat scripts so its possible that someone is able to make it 100x more efficient, this is just what i used when i played.

• ty for all answer.Cenre can you help me step by step for create this file and where to put it pls?i'm noob sorry:)

So you're going to want to make two addon folders, one will be for siege addons called "Interface-sw" and one will be just the regular "Interface" then create the 2 batch files and make the adjustments for it to work on your PC. You'll need to add your path to game folder & adjust the name of your PC for the documents folder.

After that you're good to go, just run the bat file before & after siege, you'll need to setup your addon settings again unless you want to copy the hidden my documents folder & rename it to Runes of Magic-sw.

PS: Not the best at .bat scripts so its possible that someone is able to make it 100x more efficient, this is just what i used when i played.