Pet training questions

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • 1) I am trying to get more TP into my pet. So far, it seems all I can do is buy food that gives training points and then spend diamonds to convert them TP

2) There is a list of conversations the pet might have with me, and recommendations for the response, but I can't figure out how to respond, let alone how I am supposed to remember all the responses.

3) He doesn't seem very interested in using his attack skills. I get the buffs, but I have only ever once seen him actually attack the mob I was engaged with. I suspect that it is because he is only level 35 and not much interested in the level 98-102 mobs I am busy with, but I don't KNOW that's the reason. Loyalty and nourishment are kept above 80%. What do i do to motivate his lazy little butt.

• I use mirror shards for golden eggs. It increases the experience but not the TP.

45 is higher than 35. Maybe i just need to keep leveling.

On the rare occasion that i do see him attacking, it still leads to no increase in TP.

I already read the stuff on the wiki. It is sorely lacking in instructions on how to use the information it provides.

SO- How do I get more TP for him?

• I use mirror shards for golden eggs. It increases the experience but not the TP.

You can exchange golden eggs for potions that convert training points to talent points on the Miller Ranch. Just ask any pet merchant for a teleport.

• you really live up to your name lol

i said "trade" not eat. as korin said you can go miller ranch to trade golden eggs for pot that convers training points into talen points

my pet was attacking mobs lvl 100 even when it's about 20s, so it's about loyalty

its attack on mobs has nothing to do with the tp increase

you clearly didnt read lol. in the pet events section, you can see the groups of conversations and, every single possible conversation were stated in there.

you just need to wait for a warning in your chat "Your pet wants to talk to you" and there is a little chat window appear near your minimap. click on it, see the conversation, find it on the wikipage that "sorely lacks the instruction" to get the prize you need and response accordingly.

• there are 2 ways to raise TP :

1. level up your pet, you get roughly 100 TP per level - worth doing if you start with a low level holy pet egg

2. and transform training points in TP (500 training to 100 TP) through enhancement potions, bought for golden egg from miller's ranch (get 1 egg a day from daily, pot costs 2 eggs) or for dias or for badges of trial (i used golden eggs to buy pots for my pet)

to get training points easily, quick and cheap if you dont have pet training charms/pet training food, you need 35 badges of trial and to buy off AH all cheap wind pet eggs. Merge them, taking pet level into account. Start merging lower level eggs, once an egg has had 3 merges into it, merge it into the next egg, and so on, untill you are left with just 1 egg that has all the training points, from all the eggs you used. Next, feed that wind egg a pet neutralisation bar you bought for the 35 badges of trial from any pet hunter, and now that you can merge it into a pet of any type, use it on your pet.

keep in mind that you can not merge a higher level pet into a lower level one, so buy only pet egg that are the same or lower level as your pet egg

also if other element pet eggs are in large quantities and very cheap on AH (sometime water and light pet eggs are almost as cheap as wind) you can use the same tactic, provided you have enough badges of trial to buy a neutralisation bar for each element

any element pet egg (fire, wind, earth etc) comes from the start with 50 training points that are transferred upon merging, rune pet eggs are better, they come with 100 training (but also they are more expensive)

Edited once, last by zgribulici ().

• nice tactic

• I've never had the warning in my chat to talk to the pet.

You must stay in one zone at least for 1 hour in order to get the pet chat window. If you are jumping from zone to zone every 30 mins, you will never get chance to talk to your pet. Also window is not that obvious on a first sight. Needs a bit more attention.