Will there be an option buy diamonds via gold?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • What other people do with their diamonds isn't going to effect what people already buying them are doing, whether the person they sold to used them on the spot or 3 months later the end result is the same for everyone.

Yes. As long as people buy dias via money, how can it be hurtful if ppl put items on ah exchange for dias?

• I do not believe GF ever came out and officially said why they removed diamonds from AH.

The inflated price rationale was player speculation, and when you get right down to it makes no sense. Why would GF care what price players are selling diamonds for. GF, if interested at all, would only be interested in high player prices since that would drive more cash purchases.

• it was 100% because of players..

if we still had old forums... i could search through dozens and dozens of posts about people raging on and on about it.

World chat was full of rage about it.

Because diamond pricing went to 300k, endgame pieces instantly doubled or tripled too, so there was plenty of rage to go around those times lol.

its one of those situations.. where "be careful what you ask for"

anytime in ten years of playing this game where players raged about something...runes of magic almighty gods just usually remove it from game...

and never get around to actually fixing it... or they go the complete opposite of what players want.

Ie- eoj farming... people complained about afkers at energy drink.. so they remvoed it. Now nobody eoj farms much at all anymore.

complained kbnh was too hard. then we got beth, goh after...

complained about ice blade being too op years ago.. now its a dead class pvp wise.

just random examples i thought of quickly, i could go on and on...

Diamonds SHOULD be in AH.

Figure out how to implement it. put a cap on max and min. whatever. just do it.

i loathe dealing with other players trying to buy something from item shop. let me buy the diamonds i want from ah and buy them myself! haha

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• Do you get the IS item from the shop before you send your gold to the diamond seller? Do you trust this stranger.

If selling do you insist on the gold up front? Do you trust this stranger.

Making diamonds transferable, either through the AH or in the trade window, would reduce the rip-off artists and possibly increase the number of diamonds being purchased from GF.

I remember the disaster from a few years ago. For some reason I don't understand, prices in the AH got insanely high insanely fast. Some kind of limit set by the AH would help.

• how about instead of asking to make diamonds tradable again one would ask for an "auction" button in itemshop next to the gifting button that is already there

instead of selling diamonds why not put up on the AH items from itemshop, if the auction sells - the seller gets the gold the buyer payed and the rubies corresponding to that particular purchase, if the auction does not sell - the seller gets back the diamonds he spent on the item

this would be a safe way to trade, none would hoard any dias - every diamond sold would be a diamond spent, and, since itemshop items are bound on pick-up there would be no re-selling of diamonds and very little if any escalation in diamond prices

• Making diamonds transferable, either through the AH or in the trade window, would reduce the rip-off artists and possibly increase the number of diamonds being purchased from GF.

how about instead of asking to make diamonds tradable again one would ask for an "auction" button in itemshop next to the gifting button that is already there

instead of selling diamonds why not put up on the AH items from itemshop, if the auction sells - the seller gets the gold the buyer payed and the rubies corresponding to that particular purchase, if the auction does not sell - the seller gets back the diamonds he spent on the item

All suggestions would probably be better than what we have now... too bad GameForge won't do anything save for sit on their asses and twiddle their thumbs while the game continues to become more unplayable economic-wise.

I love this game. Always have since I started playing in 2011. Now though I don't want to play it because I know GameForge is just going to continue to drag it through the mud. Nothing beneficial for the players is going to get done. I don't even know why we continue to try. We're just howling at a statue at this point that'll never do anything about our problems/complaints. It took how long, about 6 months before they attempted to adjust the Peak Level System? Something that many players took one look at and gave up on immediately.

Big oof.

EDIT: I forgot to mention. I suppose they DO act on one thing though: Taking away player agency. Oh, sorry - you finally possibly found a way to clear the dungeon that you can't even clear WITH Peak Level 5? Nope. Good bye Warden Pets!

Reni Veteran. Pretty much retired at this point.

Aeterna -

Elebrith 80/59/37 Wd/S/R

Phoenix -

Elebrith 100/100/55/50 W/M/Wd/S

Astoria 100/100/60 K/P/W

Edited once, last by Elebrith ().

• I do not believe GF ever came out and officially said why they removed diamonds from AH.

The inflated price rationale was player speculation, and when you get right down to it makes no sense. Why would GF care what price players are selling diamonds for. GF, if interested at all, would only be interested in high player prices since that would drive more cash purchases.

Nope. That NPC won’t come back. Never before and never after did we have such a massive fraud issue than then. The fraud there were otters that farmed gold and then sold the diamonds. Same goes for official Diamond trading, albeit from another angle. Here it is credit card fraudsters that buy diamonds and sell them afterwards. Tradable items are always a huge incentive for fraudsters, making this official will get us legions of botters and credit card fraudsters. Sorry for being so harsh there, but credit card fraud is really one of the biggest problems for a publisher. It is not only that we loose money, with every charge back we loose in our creditscore, and the lower you get, the higher the fee is that you have to pay.

Nope. That NPC won’t come back. Never before and never after did we have such a massive fraud issue than then. The fraud there were otters that farmed gold and then sold the diamonds. Same goes for official Diamond trading, albeit from another angle. Here it is credit card fraudsters that buy diamonds and sell them afterwards. Tradable items are always a huge incentive for fraudsters, making this official will get us legions of botters and credit card fraudsters. Sorry for being so harsh there, but credit card fraud is really one of the biggest problems for a publisher. It is not only that we loose money, with every charge back we loose in our creditscore, and the lower you get, the higher the fee is that you have to pay.

Thats the big NO i was talking about at start of the thread, i couldn't find the post then. Is funny how fast GF guys like Phelan dissapear, would be nice to hear what GF really have to say about the current state of the game (peak level and the lack of relevant new content for almost 2 years).

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Good thing over 90% of the itemshop isn't giftable to prevent that...
    There's lots of runes and stuff that are completely unbound/tradable/re-mailable as well...

I'm sorry but that excuse is a total load.

was probably 1 guy who went to town and ruined this for us.