Will there be an option buy diamonds via gold?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • There is a npc at Varanas Central, whom you can trade dias for gold. But I failed to find the npc who exchanges dias for gold. There is also an option to buy gold/dia in "Money" section of Auction House but it doesnt seem to be available.

What's the reason for this removal and is there anything we can do to bring it back?

It'd be really helpful to be able to buy small amount of dias for urgent situations.

Changed the title of the thread from “Will there be an option buy diamonds by gold?” to “Will there be an option buy diamonds via gold?”.
  • Diamond trading directly between players was removed like in April 2010 due to criminal activity linked to players using stolen credit card information to illegally buy diamonds.

There was a time in 2012 when they did have an NPC who gave a laughable amount of diamonds for a reasonable (compared to the price on my server at least) amount of gold next to the NPC you speak of, but it was removed less than a year later (I don't remember a reason given for this).

I don't know how effective all this was/is in preventing the illegal buying of diamonds, though, since players can always just gift items to other players directly. This is also speculation, but it seems to have been a decision made directly by someone working with Runes of Magic (as opposed to a higher level person at Gameforge who may work in the financial or legal department for the entire company) because other Gameforge games have had the ability (at least in the past) to trade their respective paid currencies for their respective in game currencies in the game between players on the auction house during the same time that we could not. If it was a company (Gameforge) decision, rather than a division (Runes of Magic) decision, I would think that they would do the same for all the games.

"CharlieBananas" on the old forums

Mattyb

Mage/Knight/Warrior

Artemis I mean... Aeterna ... Uh... United States server

Former 'The Black Tower' Co-Leader and Tarrasque Rank

Current Co-Leader Serenity Guild

<3

• The NPC to trade gold for dias was Cedric, and used to be next to Agnes. Was removed many years ago and the answer to the possibility to bring him back has been a big "NO, that will never happen" many times.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• thats a big shame, would help community lots, but then again greedy f....s from GF will never allow anything that can help players . There is also zero communication from publisher to player base which i find ridiculous since players are the ones taht bring them cash. it amaze me how poor they run their bussiness

• The NPC to trade gold for dias was Cedric, and used to be next to Agnes. Was removed many years ago and the answer to the possibility to bring him back has been a big "NO, that will never happen" many times.

What was the reason for that "big NO"? I wholeheartedly believe we can come to a sensible agreement with GF if we learn their reasons.

• What was the reason for that "big NO"?

The reason was insanely gargantous greediness of Gameforge. They removed Cedrik, ScoreForMore, trading diamonds in auctionhouse and of course it was all TEMPORARILY. And it's temporarily for six or more years now.

Press F for options that were player-friendly!

But GF is not a player-friendly company, so you can see how the game is just neglected by GF and cause of that abandoned by many players.

• The reason was insanely gargantous greediness of Gameforge. They removed Cedrik, ScoreForMore, trading diamonds in auctionhouse and of course it was all TEMPORARILY. And it's temporarily for six or more years now.

There is nothing that lasts longer than something temporary...

• It's even worse now with ruby items that are ungiftable, f2p players can no longer get -
    Potent luck potion
    high-quality experience potion
    master skill potion
    convenient mail/bank/auctionhouse
    the 1000/1500 ruby mounts
    All the house contracts

last I heard the NPC was removed because of real world gold selling... because any game has ever been successful in stopping that ever... The problem was it was proof the goldselling was happening that everyone could see.

• c'mon ppls, its how long since vortis and chassizz zone came out? there is no essential part of game in those zones !!!!!

MAILBOX -small thing that made ppls buy convenient mailboxes or rental mailbox, shows how greedy GF is. Worst part is , nobody, and i mean nobody from gameforge is even trying to communicate with players, not even on forum or discord. game masters and forum moderators are powerless to do anything since its not in their power to do anything. i really am not blaming them.

gameforge is biggest part here for blaming. in all my years of playing games this must be the worst company ever in sense of communication and player friendly.

I would never and will never recomend new player to start playig this game now.

warned for flaming and upsetting the forum atmosphere by Jinsoyun

• cedric removed by bug ....at 1st day is out all 10k dia by ppl swap channel and buy agin daily dia then redo so instead of fix it is just recall permanent!!

AH dia removed by many reseller.... at end dia price crazy high...instead of fix it somewhere like cap dia price or made bound after bought it etc !!

• cedric removed by bug ....at 1st day is out all 10k dia by ppl swap channel and buy agin daily dia then redo so instead of fix it is just recall permanent!!

AH dia removed by many reseller.... at end dia price crazy high...instead of fix it somewhere like cap dia price or made bound after bought it etc !!

lol it requires nothing more than a little adjustment

• not many remember but you could sell diamonds in auction house.....but people would buy the cheap diamonds then try to resell at 300k + trying to

corner the market for themselves....and they removed them as well.."temporarily"

i still believe if they capped diamond selling at (for example) no more than 100k per dia on auction house things wouldve been fine...

if someone wanted to sell less than 100k per well let them, but atleast nobody could go higher than 100k...

just an example of a possible solution that couldve been a start...

this topic has been hashed out many times over the years on a solution... and all we ever get is the same auto recording for years now..

" we are listening... and we forward everything you are saying to Gameforge, trust us"

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• How about ppl selling items for dias? or bringing restriction for botters, like only players who reached 100lvl, or accessed peak lvl is able to trade gold/dia. easy for them to detect the cheaters

• How about ppl selling items for dias? or bringing restriction for botters, like only players who reached 100lvl, or accessed peak lvl is able to trade gold/dia. easy for them to detect the cheaters

Easy. Too much work, not enough gain. GameForge doesn't care at all about the game anymore from what I've seen. They're content with putting more random crap in the IS while not doing anything in terms of making the game more friendly for F2P players, new interesting events, etc.

Reni Veteran. Pretty much retired at this point.

Aeterna -

Elebrith 80/59/37 Wd/S/R

Phoenix -

Elebrith 100/100/55/50 W/M/Wd/S

Astoria 100/100/60 K/P/W

• not many remember but you could sell diamonds in auction house.....but people would buy the cheap diamonds then try to resell at 300k + trying to

corner the market for themselves....and they removed them as well.."temporarily"

If this is still one of the main concerns still that's ridiculous.
    People will try and do that with every item in the game should we just completely close the auction house then? Why are diamonds not ok for that but proofs/essence/stats/runes/everything else is?

That's just basic supply and demand, the price would rise as much as people are willing to pay

• this is the 3rd time around i've played rom

first time i played Cedric was around and not long after i bumped into him i started buying my daily 3 dias and reselling them on the AH. I was a newbie back then, had no clue what to use them for and i was very happy with the bit of extra gold i was making

second time around i went looking for Cedric only to find him recently gone, aswell as the option to trade dias via AH

I was very upset, but not for long, because since dias could no longer be reselled, their prices (when buying from other players via the gifting option) had significantly dropped. As a free to play i soon afforded to buy from other players mounts, house contracts, visuals, furniture, upgrading jewels and so on, at a fraction of the price i would have payed before - very happy times for me

now, 3rd time around i came back to find dias prices 7-8 times higher than what they used to be, and still people buy them, i see often in chat people asking to buy or sell them, dias trade is still going strong

in conclusion, i dont think bringing back tradable dias would benefit much the game, and i am certain it would increase prices (even if somehow they were made to not be re-tradable), as a result decreasing actual dias spending

• in conclusion, i dont think bringing back tradable dias would benefit much the game, and i am certain it would increase prices (even if somehow they were made to not be re-tradable), as a result decreasing actual dias spending

With this line of thinking that it would lead to prices ultimately going up(not saying it would or not) how would that decrease diamond buying? Would you not want more gold for your diamonds AND a more convenient/safe way of selling????

• prices going up would decrease the number of people who can afford them and the amount of dias being traded

also unaffordable dias would in time lower the number of f2p players, and any free p2w game needs f2p people to function properly

also, if people can buy dias, but without having to spend them right away on something from itemshop, they would be tempted to save them, or to consider more carefully what they spend them on, thus decreasing the amount of dias actually spent. That is because it's a lot easier to spend when you're spending someone else's real money currency than your own. People would buy and hoard dias, try to resell at higher prices if possible, as a result less items would be plusses, unbound or cleaned with dias purchased from dias sellers, affecting in turn the availability of outdated but ready to wear gear one would find on the AH and the quality of the gear f2p players would make for themselves

i'm not 100% sure i'm right since it's difficult to look at this from every possible angle, but people who are asking for this should try to consider more carefully the impact of such a change, not just be blinded by greed such as this:

With this line of thinking that it would lead to prices ultimately going up(not saying it would or not) how would that decrease diamond buying? Would you not want more gold for your diamonds AND a more convenient/safe way of selling????

• I'm actually a f2p player thinking long term for the game from the perspective of a diamond buyer so you got me wrong there.

People buying diamonds is all that really matters for GF.
    Thinking from a diamond buyers perspective or more importantly POTENTIAL diamond buyer- having a safe and instant/convenient way to turn them immediately into gold... how is that not motivation? Just not having to talk to people I'm sure is enough for some. And if prices went up, whether that's good or bad, that's just more motivation for the potential buyer is it not?

What other people do with their diamonds isn't going to effect what people already buying them are doing, whether the person they sold to used them on the spot or 3 months later the end result is the same for everyone.