Female Dwarves

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Would be nice to have the option to play female dwarf

Not sure why it's not already there. I would really like to play a dwarf since that's the only way you can play Warlock or Champion, but I have 0 interest in playing a short stocky man (rather be a short stocky woman like Poppy from League of Legends lol)

Are dwarves intersex? How exactly do they exist if there are no females...

And before you accuse me of vanity (needing a female dwarf to play that class,) just remember character customization is in the game for a reason.

Please bring female dwarves to RoM!!! ;(

latest?cb=20180414203503

• Jinsoyun

Approved the thread.
  • there are npc female dwarves in fireboot fortress, and there is a dwarven female priestess pet, so the model exists in game, it just never made it as a playable option

i wish female dwarves were playable too, i would also like to try out the warlock class, but i wont do that as long as i cant create a character i would enjoy playing

• there are npc female dwarves in fireboot fortress, and there is a dwarven female priestess pet, so the model exists in game, it just never made it as a playable option

i wish female dwarves were playable too, i would also like to try out the warlock class, but i wont do that as long as i cant create a character i would enjoy playing

I know, it sounds so stupid but I've seen the male dwarves and I'm completely turned off by their appearance lol

I'm super interested to see the female models, I haven't seen them. I wonder if it's something we might be able to have in the near future. I would make one in a heartbeat.

in the story, only male shadowforge dwarves are raising as soldiers xd

I would be OK to be able to play a female and maybe the quest givers are rude to me because only male shadowforge dwarves should be soldiers and I'm too rebellious so they disapprove of my actions LOL

• I heard years ago when dwarves came out that someone sent a ticket in to change the gender of their dwarf.

I've never seen this character or any proof though

• gender change requests are not too infrequent but we simply dont do them because it potentially breaks things ( it's RoM , what a surprise, right? - I have personally broken one of my own old GM chars by playing around with that option :P - and "just delete it and respawn everything" is not a viable method that scales ;) ).

As for the dwarves ... this will break 100% since there are not even 3d models for female dwarves as playercharacters. I'm not even sure if any of the npc-dwarves in the entire game is supposed to be female according to "lore" but then again, contrary to some rumors, no I dont have every single game text memorized ;)

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• I heard years ago when dwarves came out that someone sent a ticket in to change the gender of their dwarf.

I've never seen this character or any proof though

This never occurred to me as an option, but I would 100% do that LOL Idk what it is about the male dwarves but I just can't! Especially when they're made to be big as possible. At least put a height cap on these guys! :D

gender change requests are not too infrequent but we simply dont do them because it potentially breaks things ( it's RoM , what a surprise, right? - I have personally broken one of my own old GM chars by playing around with that option :P - and "just delete it and respawn everything" is not a viable method that scales ;) ).

As for the dwarves ... this will break 100% since there are not even 3d models for female dwarves as playercharacters. I'm not even sure if any of the npc-dwarves in the entire game is supposed to be female according to "lore" but then again, contrary to some rumors, no I dont have every single game text memorized ;)

That's really sad to hear. I understand dwarf classes are top tier right now, that puts me in quite the pickle ;(

Though now I'm intrigued to see these "females who aren't actually females" lmao Shadowforge sounds like a curious place...

• There are female Fireboot dwarves that I have seen in metal breastplates, looking very warrior-like. They participate in a support role in the war with the Kalons. Since we can view these NPCs from all angles, there must be a 3D model, or at least enough of one for RW to be able to quickly (for RuneWaker quickly is like years) build female playable dwarves. I was interested when the 3rd race came out and was also disappointed in the failure to provide that option. Saito- it wouldn't hirt to ask them, would it?

• Tolkein was very firm on this subject. Female dwarves do NOT adventure, or even step outside of their mountain homes. In the movies it was implied that they ARE seen but not recognized, because female dwarves have beards just like their men.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Tolkein was very firm on this subject. Female dwarves do NOT adventure, or even step outside of their mountain homes.

Thank you for advising us that Tolkien is alive and well and working for a game developer in Korea. I was not aware of this.

Before Tolkien, Elves were three feet tall, just like dwarves. In fact dwarves are also known as "dark elves". Hundreds of years of mythology are disrupted when you allow elves to be as tall as humans.

I agree, RoM borrows a lot of stuff from Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. AFAIK, Ents were a Tolkien invention. Nagas on the other hand are from India, so nothing demands that female dwarves follow some Tolkien rule in Runes of Magic.

• Tolkein was very firm on this subject. Female dwarves do NOT adventure, or even step outside of their mountain homes. In the movies it was implied that they ARE seen but not recognized, because female dwarves have beards just like their men.

lol This game has nothing to do with Tolkien, but thanks for the trivia!

(Just because media is derivative doesn't make it cannon.)

• Actually, D&D had much of it's origins in the popularity of Tolkein, and since all MMORPGs derive at least some of their basic assumptions from D&D, in turn they all owe at least a nod to Tolkein. For instance, the circle that surrounds a Champion/Dwarf when he casts Forge is the Dwarven Runes that Tolkein called the Angerthans.

I got a new pic of the rune circle. Although it is ALMOST the Angerthas, there are 3 runes that do not appear in LotR Book 3 Appendix E, and even with allowances and inversions/reversals, it translates to gibberish in all three commonly-used modes.

By comparison, the Target Reticule (the circle that appears around the feet of a mob you have targeted) in LotROnline also uses the Angerthas, but it translates, phonetically, to the English phrase "You are the one that is chosen".

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

Edited 3 times, last by Bludwyng ().

• Эти разговоры идут еще с 2009 года. Женщина-гном, женщина с бородой?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These conversations have been going on since 2009. A dwarf woman, a woman with a beard?

Места надо знать!!!