Desired Stats for Druid/Mage?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I think I read somewhere that Druid/Mage is not a great combo, which is unfortunate, but can anyone tell me the desired stats for someone like me who has already invested in the class? lol

Ex. 4 Wisdom/M.Attk, 2 Wisdom/Stam?

Or are other stats more desirable.

Thanks in advance

• Read your skills, and beyond that read up on the skills you will get as you advance. The skill description should give you a clue on what to stat.

IMO you should consider taking Warden as your third class. Druid/Wardens are top healers and Mage/Wardens are pretty good DPS.

As you are currently starting out as a Druid/Mage I would think about sticking to one set of gear statted for your mage as you will want to be killing things solo as you quest, and a Druid in mage gear is pretty effective killer.

• depends what you want a side healler with some magic damage

or

a damage dealler with liitle heals

I was looking to go the healing route.

Tbh I rolled a priest but then was told that priest is only good for buffs and that druid is the main healer class these days.

I just took mage as secondary to help questing go faster lol I am Priest/Mage/Knight (Priest/Knight, with mage class for questing.)

So now I also have a Druid/Mage, but primarily looking to party heal.

Read your skills, and beyond that read up on the skills you will get as you advance. The skill description should give you a clue on what to stat.

IMO you should consider taking Warden as your third class. Druid/Wardens are top healers and Mage/Wardens are pretty good DPS.

As you are currently starting out as a Druid/Mage I would think about sticking to one set of gear statted for your mage as you will want to be killing things solo as you quest, and a Druid in mage gear is pretty effective killer.

I haven't had much success with that. On my priest, I thought I should be statting Wisdom based on reading up on skills, but was told by a guild mate that Priests do not need Wisdom because they cap out at 8k, and therefore should be statting Stamina/Def instead.

Thank you for the advice on Warden third class, I think I will take it!

I am looking primarily to heal.

Tbh I rolled a priest but then was told that priest is only good for buffs and that druid is the main healer class these days.

Whoever told you that doesn't know anything about healing. Yes, ofc druids can be main healers (Druid/Warden and Druid/Scout mostly), but priests too are really good healers and can solo heal a full party (i went many times to Tomb of Souls with only one P/S healing the full party of 12 without any issue). Actually i tank as Wd/W, so i prefer a priest healing me than a druid, but both are ok.

Since you already are druid then yes, D/Wd is probably your best choice for healer. Is ok if you are D/M, you can always get a 3rd class for free and a 4th, 5th and 6th class buying expansion tickets on IS, if you want to try other druids later.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

Whoever told you that doesn't know anything about healing. Yes, ofc druids can be main healers (Druid/Warden and Druid/Scout mostly), but priests too are really good healers and can solo heal a full party (i went many times to Tomb of Souls with only one P/S healing the full party of 12 without any issue). Actually i tank as Wd/W, so i prefer a priest healing me than a druid, but both are ok.

Since you already are druid then yes, D/Wd is probably your best choice for healer. Is ok if you are D/M, you can always get a 3rd class for free and a 4th, 5th and 6th class buying expansion tickets on IS, if you want to try other druids later.

I've heard P/S is very good. Honestly it was kind of a bummer to hear it, I'm glad to see that's not true. Do you think it's possible to still be main healer as P/K? I currently have P/M/K and D/M (Can add Warden as my third)

I've heard P/S is very good. Honestly it was kind of a bummer to hear it, I'm glad to see that's not true. Do you think it's possible to still be main healer as P/K? I currently have P/M/K and D/M (Can add Warden as my third)

Sure, P/K is very good healer too, but probably would be hard to solo heal a full party as P/K (P/S can use chain of light with the 60 elite to heal when ppl is near to the boss or pull, but in the end is all about how skilled you are healing, knowing when the tank really need heals and when you should check more the rest of the party, that kind of things. You should use the char that you like, priest or druid. 2nd class as i said, expansion tickets are always in the IS and cost 333 dias without offer, so you can always add another class if you are not convinced with your choice so far.

Also, usually there are more than 1 healer in a party of 12, so you shouldn't be solo healing a full party anyway.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

• I got it, I appreciate the ideas. Now I'm thinking to make a P/K/S, but I wonder if I should use fruit of forgetting to change from M to S lol Decisions... :/

• Better use expansion ticket, is a bit more expensive, but you never know, is not a bad thing to have a mage in your char for questing or to do mirror world inis.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

• Yeah priest are actually very good healers and have nice situational skills!

Especially if your are the reactive type of healer, using urgent heal, it's really cool!

But why druids (d/w & d/wd) are the most seen/wanted healers it's because every druid has that raid wide instant heal with 4 seconds cooldown, -18% pdef & -18% mdef debuff (seeds) on boss fights

The d/w also has that patt + damage buff which is slightly better then the priest patt version.

The d/wd has a mdam buff (nice for casters or w/m) and has briar shield, with this a d/wd can easy solo heal most raids.

But if there is already a druid in the raid & people already get those seeds.., then a priest has the potential to be the better healer in the raid, especially for keeping the tank alive and using his situational toolkit of skills, which makes every priest unique and fun! 8)