Has the cooldown behavior changed?

• After updating the Color Wave Festival, the skills entered during GCD no longer work.

Until now, the skill entered in the middle of GCD was reserved, and the next skill was activated immediately after the end.

Did these fixes really take place?:/

• Um, that is the MAIN difference between EQ/EQ2 and WoW/RoM. In EQ1/EQ2 you can typeahead 1 skill, so it will launch as soon as cooldown expires. In WoW and it's workalikes you cannot do that. It was the main thing that threw me when I first started playing RoM.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• After updating the Color Wave Festival, the skills entered during GCD no longer work.

Until now, the skill entered in the middle of GCD was reserved, and the next skill was activated immediately after the end.

You are right, these changes did take place. We are currently in the process of asking the developer for more information about this change.

• I noticed that Druid's Summon Sandstorm AOE skill can't be activated until cooldown expires. Before I could activate it while still in cooldown and then cast it as soon as cooldown expires.

• Not sure if related, but since last patch players from latin america are having lots of issues with skills, but is not about GCD. Skills like shadowstab for example we have to use it like 3 or 4 times before it actually works. Same happens to many knight skills making hard for them to get aggro at start of a burn (for some reasson addons like kitty combo seems to bypass this issue, but is not usefull in every situation).

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Skills used from the action bar are affected, likewise skills executed with

Code
    1. /run UseAction(slotnumber );

However skills executed from the skill book aren't affected by the cooldown change. The skill book uses

Code
    1. /run UseSkill(2,1);

The macro above will execute the first skill on the left from your primary class.

You can find some info here (fan page): [https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/API:UseSkill]

I use a workaround by putting my most used skills in UseSkill() macros, but keep in mind that buff food and setskills cannot be used via this way. The number of available macro slots is also limited.

I hope the change will be reverted soon..

• Q: The parameters: I get that tab_id is 1 to 5. 1 being General, 2 is Primary Class General, 3 is Secondary Glass General, 4 is Primary Class -specific, 5 is Pet

What about slot? 1=Page 1 Left Top, but is 2=Page 1 Right Top or is it 2=Page 1 Left Second Row?

I am confused because I had assumed it was top to bottom for each column, so 1-5 is left, 6-10 is right. And this worked, but that is not what I am seeing in the examples.

https://runesofmagic.gamepedia.com/API:UseSkill

UPDATE: I did finally conclude that top to bottom left, then top to bottom right is correct. The wiki page has been updated to reflect this.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

Edited once, last by Bludwyng: Update ().

• Doesn't change the fact that GM's can't do shit and can only forward the players feedback to the people who don't care enough to do anything.

Chances are this change was accidental and caused by runewaker adapting the source some other way and this was a side effect, so naturally they have to fix it.

• The random issue on this game are crazy. As far as glitches go, even across console games, it kind of takes the cake here.

From Dr/Wd suddenly dropping a loaf of bread actually world spawned to throat attack dealing %based damage even to bosses when these skills weren't even touched in the patches.

• Throat attack probably had same issue as s/k. They overwrote the skill for the extra effect for the elite skill, and changed the itemID but didn't update the server side luascript calling it. So it called a boss skill that did a % hit. Gg.(Gonna assume same thing happened with the d/wd bread shit too)

Very true though, the amount of crazy bugs this game has seen is huge. Still some preety big ones in the game for years xD

Pink guild chat still one of the best, guild chat randomly picking a class for your character to appear as when you write in guild.

• Jinsoyun

Closed the thread.