Map Quest Icons - can't see quests

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Affected Class/Skill/Quest/Festival/Other: Map Quest Icons

Description: I use WoW Maps add-on. I noticed a few months ago that when I right-click on an NPC with a quest, instead of showing a menu to follow, etc, I get out of the zone map to a larger map (which is a feature of WoW Map but only when you right-click on empty space, not on NPC). I also noticed I don't see any quests unless I use WoW Map option to draw all quest-icons. For a while I thought it was some issue with WoW Map add-on. Today I updated the add-on to the most recent version, but the issue remained. I decided to remove the add-on to see if it really is the cause of the issue, but after removing it I still don't see any quests on the zone map. I decided to remove all my add-ons, but that didn't help. Without WoW Map my map is configured to show me everything, but I could be standing to an NPC with a quest (as shown on the mini map), but on the zone map I see nothing. Also, with WoW Map I can see quest icons when looking at the larger maps even though I don't see them when I go down to any zone map. I tried to do RoM repair, but that didn't work either. I wonder if the problem is with some of the config files. I looked thru whatever files I could find, but didn't see any settings for the map. On my other computer everything works properly with and without WoW Maps add-on.

Server: Aeterna

Version: whatever current version is, not sure where to find it now, it used to be on the log in screen before the launcher was introduced.

• This might sound strange and unrelated to Rom, but please restart your computer using the "Restart" option (NOT shut down).

Windows-10-Start-Power-Shutdown.png

• I will try that next week, after Windows updates come out :)

But I did restart my computer several times in the last few months. I don't remember checking if the issue goes away though. Maybe it's because I keep my computer running for several weeks at a time without restarts? Could there be anything else that causes the issue?

• Not seeing quest icons and issues with aggrometer are known issues of computers that haven't been restarted in a while.

Unfortunately I don't know in what interval the issue appears/disapears.

However if you wait 2x the interval it will start working again ^^

Edit: (Count this as a guess that actual knowledge) There is a variable in Windows which starts incrementing once the system runs, and after time X the issues in Rom start to appear. We don't know which variable or what to do about it.

To prevent the issue from happening again, just use the restart option when it's convenient.

• hello I have the same problem as you if I understand correctly to be able to see the quests and pnj again on the big map I have to restart my computer and not turn it off that's it and then restart the game

• If you have the WoWmaps add on there is an option under set-up (upper right hand corner o f the map) called "Draw all quest-icons" that fixes the problem.