The crafting festival serves 2 main purposes:
1- to increase crafting profession levels easier.
2- is a normal festival event with activities that reward specific festival currency which can in turn be exchanged for rewards.
Main festival locations is Varanas central plaza, other activities can be found at: varanas gates, in front of varanas gates(where the ressurection point is), dalanis abandoned district, sternhorn village near dalanis.
First lets see how leveling crafting works:
- you can raise 5 out of the 6 crafting proffesions (all but cooking), of course restriction to how many crafting proffesions you can raise still apply.
- the proffesions can be leveled starting at level 15 (under lvl 15 one needs to level using the normal, everyday way),
- to level a proffesion from one tier to the next you will need to find the proffesion's trainer and do the corresponding quest,
- the leveling itself will be done buying and crafting festival recipes which use materials available for gold at the festival npc.
- Mizner and Fiona in Varanas central plaza are the 2 npc's that sell the recipes,the materials, and tell you where to find the proffesion's trainers for doing the proffesion quests.
There are also 2 npc with identical function in dalanis abandoned district, but i forgot their names.
Next to these npcs (both in varanas and dalanis) you will find proffesion tools so you can craft on spot.
- You will need a lot of gold, time and patience to level proffesions this way, but it's still easier than the normal, everyday way.
- The recipes are for proffesion levels 15, 25, 35, 45, 55, 65, 75 and 85, allowing to raise your skill to lvl 95.
- The higher the difference between your level and that of the recipe you are using, the more materials you will require to level up.
- Production speed buffs (this would be the time to use the 100% crafting speed increase potions from daily loyalty bonus) and crafting xp buffs (such as the one from item set skills) will help a lot.
- the items produced with festival leveling recipes are vendor trash, sell them.
Festival event activities that reward crafting certificates:
1- 6 level 1 proffesion quests that are normal quests, they do not require crafting, and are very easy to do.
2- flee market event in dalanis.
3- universal component crafting event at varanas gates.
4- rune core event at ressurection point in front of varanas gates, npc Abu Laurel.
5- delivering crafted festival items for rewards to Sloan Krugg at Varanas central plaza.
6- Nolika's research quest.
7- sternhorn village daily event quests.
Quests are picked up at the npc on the left as you enter event area at varanas plaza, npc offers the 6 daily quests after talking to him. How to do the 6 quests:
- alchemy: click the bottles on the table next to the npc, hint: colour matters.
- armorcrafting: take teleporter to varanas est, go to archibald (next to the house inside which various gathering trainers are), talk to him - you will receive 3 crystals, take teleporter to varanas west, talk to Harriet next to the blacksmith trainer, he will take your crystals and give you the item required for completion.
- blacksmithing: while in varanas west, next to te teleporter there is a little boy named Ailes, talk to him and try to "guess" the type and number of ore within 30 seconds. You just click the options he gives till you get it right, if you dont get it right in 30 seconds, the dialogue resets and the correct answer will be different, so you cant use what you learned on your previous attempt.
- carpentry: there are piles of wood in silverpring you can loot, easiest way is to stand between 2 of them which are close together and loot in turn as they respawn (such places are close to snoop at varanas gates and a little further away next to a fallen tree trunk).
- tailoring: make a left at snoop (as if you were on your way to Logar) and on the right side of the road there are areas with plenty of black boar, kill, loot, complete.
- Cooking: saddle up and head to the lake in silverpring, there are swarms of fish by the lake's shore, find 2 close together and loot in turn untill you have 10 lively fish. Head to the camp close the lake (the one between the mine and the lake), cook the fish at the 3 usable cooking fires. Unless you're very unlucky the 10 fish will yield at least 3 cooked fish for the quest's completion (the fires tend to burn most of your fish to unusable trash).
Each quest will reward 1 crafting certificat + 3 x event materials for the corresponding proffesion.
talk to it's manager, he will give you a white quality bound item that expires in 24 hours and a buff, and tell you what to trade it for with the other flee market npcs. The buff will say what item you need in case you forget.
There are 5 npcs that offer various barter trades, you need to find one that wants the item you have and gives the item the flee market manager asked you to get.
Those barter options change from time to time (every 5-10 min at random, and the npcs change their demands also in random order, not all at once), so if the barter you are looking for isnt available, you could wait and try at a later time.
If you succed you get 2 crafting certificates. If you cancel the buff you fail but still get 1 certificat. If you make a wrong trade you cant trade that item any further, and the manager wont take the wrong item, so cancel the buff. Keep that item in your bags though, it expires in 24 hours, maybe next day you'll get really lucky and the manager will ask for the item you already have.
Crafting universal component: talk to 1 of the 4 machines at varanas gates to start the event, use the same colour skill on the energy bubbles before they explode (it gives 6 points if it is ready to explode, but you lose a point if you dont cast in time and it explodes - tyvm Tam_Cry for correcting my mistake).
If you score enough points you get an universal component which you trade for a certificat to the npc next to the machines.
at 120 points you get 1 Universal Component, at 210 points you get another Universal Component, and at 360 points you get 3rd Universal Component. Also, it seems you get 4 Wind Elements when you start the Converter
Rune core event takes place at specific times each day, Abu Laurel, the npc you register with will tell you the hours. You register between the 10th and 20th minute of the event hour, you need to be on spot at 20 min past when event actually starts, run through red floating runes, run through the revolving core, repeat untill event is over. You get 1 certificate.
Delivering crafted goods to Sloan Krugg:
shares times with Abu Laurel's event, but it happens between the 30th and 50th minute of the hour. The goods in question are crafted by event recipes used to level up proffesions, if you cant craft the item the npc asks for you cant do this event since those items are bound on pickup.
Sloan Krugg will ask for different items on different channels and at different hours, so if you cant complete on 1 channel, try the other one. Also this is the only event that isnt just once a day, you can complete once per specific hour, if you complete and, at a later hour, the npc asks for something you can make, you can complete it again.
You will get 2 certificates, 5 badges of the trial (they go directly into your currency tab) and 5 craftmen's appreciation for completing the first time each day, for further completion you will get just 5 craftmen's appreciation. The Craftmen's appreciation can be used to purchase special crafting goods from vendors around the event area and are needed for crafting festival epic gear and consumables.
Hint: sometimes Sloan Krugg will ask for lvl 15 recipe items, so it could pay off to have all crafting proffesions to at least lvl 15; also the materials bought for craftmen's appreciation are not bound and can be traded.
Nolika is a little girl npc at varanas plaza that gives you a daily quest after you talk to her, you need to kill mobs to loot 20 southern fern (as far as i've seen there is a better drop chance in your own level range, but also drop from lower mobs on occasion), and you need to pick up 5 sticky gum, can be found close to varanas bridge and a little up on the map, on the left side of the bridge if you're facing the city. It rewards 1 certificate and 5 potions (that have a 2 min cooldown and give one of various buffs or 1 debuff at random - useless imo, although some of the buffs are very nice, you cant spam them to get the buff you might want since they have a CD).
there are 5 daily quests that award 6 certificates total.
One dwarf npc will give 2 quests, first one (crafting the frame) has multiple timed stages - you need to run fast and know before starting the quest the locations of the toolbox, furnace, forge, and cooling tank - speed buffs will help, also starting the quest mounted and mounting after you get dismounted at the furnace, if failed you start again from the beginning) - awards 2 certificates. Second quest is easier, you need to get fabric from an old lady, she's on the higher level of the village same as the forge, you'll gather fiber from some plantsinthe back of the village, old lady will turn it into fabric and give you a bag, open the bag to find the wrong fabric and the old woman will give you the right one, turn the fabric in - awards 1 certificate.
Second npc looks like a saphire viking mount, gives 3 very easy quests that award 1 certificate each, and has a trade option for a toy for 12 purified and 12 essence crystals.
The dwarf npc will trade a prize for 6 certificates (same as festival cashiers).
tyvm Bludwyng - i would have never checked sternhorn if it werent for his guide (link is in his reply to this thread).
6 crafting certificates at a time can be exchanged for a prize (hardwork package) at the festival event's cashier in either Varanas or Dalanis, and in sternhorn village.
Other festival features:
- there is a vendor next to Sloan Krug at Varanas plaza that sells recipes for badges of trial (which you can get from siege war, but also from Sloan Krugg when you deliver goods), these include:
* gear and consumable recipes that use festival materials from the 6 six proffesion quests AND materials bought with craftmen's appreciation (for example thunder craft robe recipe, aok prayer recipe etc),
* recipes for lvls 71 and 98 epic necks crafted with essence or artisanal crystals,
* also recipes for crafted boss monster furniture (which can drop in game too from malatina or mysterious bags).
- there is a npc at varanas plaza that sells recipes for purifies crystal, essence crystal and artisanal crystal.
At this npc you can also trade 10 x purified crystal + 10 x essence crystal for toys such as monarch experience device, wind pressure belt etc The dialog option says you want to exchange for the newly invented. These toys are just for fun/flavour/vanity.
- next to the crystal recipes npc there is another npc that teaches you a corresponding lvl 60 recipe if you have raised a crafting proffesion at level 60. For tailoring for example that recipe uses 12 purified crystals and creates a box which has an 100% drop chance for an upper body item shop quality visual (just one kind, opening several boxes wont give different results), the carpenter recipe uses same materials and makes a bound piece of furniture (that isnt item shop quality) that gives 5 xp, 5 tp and 1 storage space when placed in house. Alchemists will make a bound toy that makes people dance, blacksmiths and armorcrafters make bound vanity companions.