Peak level adjustments - issue?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Given the forum activity it might be a given but I'm gonna be bold now and say that at least part of the staff on this forum isn't even dedicated to this forum (anymore). Every few days I check, I see little more than 2 people online at a time and the subforums also don't see a lot of activity. I doubt any employer would hire fulltime workers for this little activity.

The days of the game are simply done and people should come to terms with that after so many years of scarce content and information. Forum staff can't do squat about it anyway, it's just forum staff. The people at Runewaker have set their priorities elsewhere long ago. Most better experienced and versed players here know exactly what I mean.

And since they very likely show no more genuine interest in developing new content for the official version of the game, staff responsible for this communication at Gameforge should be honest and finally call it a day. Say that the game does not get new content anymore and that it's just receiving regular maintenance updates. Doing this would likely mean a loss of players but let's be realistic here: Those who haven't left yet will not leave after such a message either. That message would just be about honesty and admitting to the game's current state on the official side.

On top of that, they could even adjust their forum rules or EULA to allow for more open words among people here. Because a whole damn lot here, including staff, are aware of what's truly up. So just beating around the bush and phrasing around stuff like this is like calling a car from the 40s that has seen no maintenance in 40 years a repairable thing.

• And since they very likely show no more genuine interest in developing new content for the official version of the game, staff responsible for this communication at Gameforge should be honest and finally call it a day. Say that the game does not get new content anymore and that it's just receiving regular maintenance updates. Doing this would likely mean a loss of players but let's be realistic here: Those who haven't left yet will not leave after such a message either. That message would just be about honesty and admitting to the game's current state on the official side.

well its really bad handle by gameforge, that they cant even inform about anything, i had hope for xmas that something would be fixed or some news atleast but after 1 year still nothing.

• Like I mentioned in an earlier post, two things broke the game's neck: The harsh P2W course the dev team and publisher kept the game on and missing out on critical game updates, such as updating the game engine to a newer standard with more optimization.

I'm not saying RoM could not exist without its P2W stigma or with a better engine or architecture. But both teams simply missed the timing for doing this. Now it would be little more than wasted effort.

But then again, we've been running around in this circle for years now. That's why I keep saying: Accept the current state as given and have a nice time on the official side for what it's worth or move on to another game. Runes of Magic on this side is a ship without a mast and without a carpenter willing to make a new one.

• Everyone wants the game cheaper, everyone wants the game to have better graphics, better engine, everything....

But lets face it, 99% of just...want...content....

2 years running same instance...

3 years running st..

st wasnt even available to run for over a year of that lol...

new instance has been open for how long? and cant do it?

ffs, people wouldnt mind half the issues of this game... IF WE HAD SOMETHING TO DO.

Recycled events that we have been doing for 5+ years over and over and over... is old news too.

Apparently no one at gameforge has an original thought so the best we can hope for is more recycled zones and instances...

Just make old dungeons like Hos and previous ones have a button to raise it to current level (that you are) or keep original, idk

at this point we cant think of new ideas we need to think of what can they do... with what we already got...

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• I'm really curious what the development side actually looks like right now. How many people actually work on this games code? how many hours per week does that person/people work?

It's been a long time since we even had fixed text in the patch notes, I think the festival guy is the only one left...

• I can only make a guess but I say Runewaker doesn't have many people left working on RoM. The Radiant Arcana servers are already gone and there's not much they can/want to do on the official version's code. They know where the remaining players are and they are aware of what's up with the game on the official side.

This whole peak system, the ever decreasing frequency of content releases and the heavily delayed fixes give me one impression: Runewaker and Gameforge treat the game like Diablo 3 by maintaining it with endless grind styled content to keep the game running at a minimum cost for those who still enjoy it enough to toss a buck or two in the itemshop. But developing and releasing new content would make little to no sense because most of the players have either left for good or to play elsewhere and the game already has its undeniable reputation it cannot recover from.

At this point, even the forum staff should be more open and honest about the game's state I think. They know what's up, some of the people here know what's up and beating around the bush like this is just pointless.

• half feb gone and not a word from gameforge about what will happend with the game, you handle this worst way possible just kick the product team and take someone who can make some pressure on runewaker cant be idle for over 1 year when things dont work.

• thats all i do, along with many other people... is check forums for updates or changes..

something that would bring back all of us, and many more..

and sadly all we see is rinse repeat of same festivals that a robot could handle on a timed basis.

So continue digging that hole!

Until we see real changes, none of us will be back, and im sure you dont care anyways lol

that seems to be the general consensus.

@Runewaker/GF

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• half feb gone and not a word from gameforge about what will happend with the game, you handle this worst way possible just kick the product team and take someone who can make some pressure on runewaker cant be idle for over 1 year when things dont work.

They can pressure them until their nutsacks inflate and take them to outer space, if RW doesn't give a damn, they don't give a damn. Shutting down the RA servers in Taiwan should already tell you all there is about their priorities. Forum staff literally has no say whatsoever in these matters. All they can do is forward the info and keep notifying their superiors.

But GF and RW both know what's really up with the game, the lack of info and content. Couple players including me know what's up as well.

• While players are feeling the fog of doom rolling across the plains of Taborea, there are 2 new servers launching in Europe soon. Germany already has 4 servers and a 5th one in the works. I don't get it. What do they know that we don't? And why can't the game find as much traction in North America as it has overseas?

I guess that's for them to know and us to merely ponder.

PS- why doesn't GF add the word <Taborea> to the forum dictionary so we don't get it underlined in squiggly red every time we use that word?

• From a logical perspective, it's most likely a WoW Classic style attempt. The game went through at least two server merges in a few years and also experienced a database cleanup not too long ago because the servers accumulated way too many SQL entries due to dead accounts, likely slowing the performance down a lot. Unless Runewaker managed to pull off the same breakthrough some others did before them, in which case they set up two new servers as a sort of puffer. But that's extremely unlikely, considering they shut off the RA servers already.

And why can't the game find as much traction in North America as it has overseas?

Who knows, maybe there was never really enough marketing to attract NA folks. The game gained its infamous P2W/crashhappy reputation within its first year and kept it to this day, so the reason for that lies far in the past.

• Who knows, maybe there was never really enough marketing to attract NA folks. The game gained its infamous P2W/crashhappy reputation within its first year and kept it to this day, so the reason for that lies far in the past.

Odd, because under Frogster it was never P2W. I remember they were very proud of saying there was nothing in the item shop that could affect gameplay that you could not also get by grinding. Item Shop was for convenience and cosmetic items only. Crashhappy, sure, but P2W?

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Who knows, maybe there was never really enough marketing to attract NA folks. The game gained its infamous P2W/crashhappy reputation within its first year and kept it to this day, so the reason for that lies far in the past.

Odd, because under Frogster it was never P2W. I remember they were very proud of saying there was nothing in the item shop that could affect gameplay that you could not also get by grinding. Item Shop was for convenience and cosmetic items only. Crashhappy, sure, but P2W?

That was before the +12 stones came around. When that happened, the P2W spiral began and the game quickly got the reputation of that. A cycle of whales overpimping equipment and RW balancing the new content with pimped equipment in mind until it was next to impossible to survive in any instances without +12 gear and higher. Not to mention clean grading for even higher stats.

• I have to agree with Eink. +12 refining gems were at first unnecessary, even a few zone launches after they came out, but GF and RW just kept pushing it. Now you need to spend a ton on every piece of gear just to get it up +24 so you can think about clearing an instance. And so many people in their desperate attempts to get to peak 10 so they can STILL not run New Pantheon hard mode are buying reset tickets and dual-function potions because once all your quests are gone, grinding just is TOO SLOOOWWWW. Peak just feels like another money grab, and will remain so until leveling the :cursing: peaks gets easier.:cursing::cursing::(X(

• So if you google linkedin Runewaker it actually gives you a list of all 20 Runewaker employees and their positions... It's all sales, sales, sales, planning.
    We have 2 active game designers, 1 level designer, 1 'developer', and yes only 1 official programmer for all of Runewaker.

Anyone have any Taiwanese friends that can knock on Tony or Roys door and ask whats up? I don't think we've heard a word directly from these guys ever o.o

• So if you google linkedin Runewaker it actually gives you a list of all 20 Runewaker employees and their positions... It's all sales, sales, sales, planning.
    We have 2 active game designers, 1 level designer, 1 'developer', and yes only 1 official programmer for all of Runewaker.

Anyone have any Taiwanese friends that can knock on Tony or Roys door and ask whats up? I don't think we've heard a word directly from these guys ever o.o

Well, that would also explain how they could so easily go ahead and more or less team up with those other guys they shouldn't have teamed up with. Though that's technically just one dude handing out stuff.

Edit: This guy is right. They really just have 20 guys (left) on their team.

• Well and now it looks like our 1 guy is focused on new server stuff...

Still no acknowledgement of the peak system from RW or even raising it to 15 after all this time.
    I'm done for now, there's new awesome sandbox pc games to play we don't have to deal with this.

• Well and now it looks like our 1 guy is focused on new server stuff...

Still no acknowledgement of the peak system from RW or even raising it to 15 after all this time.
    I'm done for now, there's new awesome sandbox pc games to play we don't have to deal with this.

this is what i said for long, and alot of people said "just wait for xmas when peak 15 comes" so now 2 month after xmas and still no peak 15 or any change to peak system.

• Raising peak levels is like strapping bandaid on an open flesh wound. Or duct tape over a cracked window. This isn't the treatment the game needs for people to keep playing, return to the game and a steady flow of new players to build up. The only things that can bring Runes back up on its feet are extreme and impactful changes that go far beyond editing a single line of text in a database or ini file or whatever.

Things like reworking the client's architecture, structure, visuals, skills, gameplay elements. Remove the enhancement stones with fail chances, lower the price of perfect stones, keep the cap at +20 or even lower it back down by removing the +20-30 stones from the game's files. Introduce methods that provide a steady flow of diamond income for players not willing to pay ridiculous amounts of money to keep up, stop developing content catered towards full +30/T24 whales because that very thing is what initially gave this game its terrible P2W reputation.

This is what the game really needs. Not a continous increase of a single level limit or a difficulty mode of an instance that's smashed together from assets used in older instances.