Peak level adjustments - issue?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • I do not pay and i do not play anymore, or so few...

It was said before, people leaved, and less than 1% reached level 110, I think far less... Level 110 which is, by the way, unusefull until a full team reach it, what we can doubt..

Obviously I was ironic ! The Chestshire cat was here to confirm that for those who read at the first degree...

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe ;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

Edited once, last by Renovatio ().

• Why would they do anything? You are still playing, you are still paying. :)

You are absolutely correct. Some prefer simply to sit aside and poke barbs at those that are inside from a safe place without any skin in the game.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• dont you two get this thread shut down now lol play nice

every few weeks i check forums to see if anything has changed to bring me and a lot of other players back and this is about only thread worth

reading usually

*still have faint hope someday they will do something*

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• Doing quests and leveling up in the game is nice up to a certain point. But as soon as you think about instances and post-Ch4 regions, you will hit limitations and outright paywalls. The game's upgrading system was entirely built on pay to win and it has always been like that. You really don't need skill and experience to beat the strongest bosses here. You need enough diamonds to upgrade your equipment enough for crazy high stats. The game is long past its golden days which were ten years ago. By the time Ch3 was released, the playercount was already decreasing. RoM still generates profit for GF and the upkeep appears to be quite cheap for them, otherwise they wouldn't keep the game running.

• Doing quests and leveling up in the game is nice up to a certain point. But as soon as you think about instances and post-Ch4 regions, you will hit limitations and outright paywalls. The game's upgrading system was entirely built on pay to win and it has always been like that. You really don't need skill and experience to beat the strongest bosses here. You need enough diamonds to upgrade your equipment enough for crazy high stats. The game is long past its golden days which were ten years ago. By the time Ch3 was released, the playercount was already decreasing. RoM still generates profit for GF and the upkeep appears to be quite cheap for them, otherwise they wouldn't keep the game running.

The only "p2w" required to do even the hardest instances would be for 3 and 4 runeslots on equipment, and +12 to +16. If I am not wrong most runes in itemshop can also be crafted. That imo is fairly reasonable for an f2p game, with dia promo's and discounts.

There are support/healer classes also which require 0 gear but are still needed in hard mode inis for those who wish to play max lvl hard modes f2p. You can certainly run normal modes with f2p gear with dps classes etc.

Just because they made it possible doesn't mean the instances are designed around the obscene end of the p2w. They don't require the whole party to have +30 t11 gear, and t15+30 wep. If you think so, you need to find better parties, or compensate the lack in gear with skill. On the other hand, if they make ini's that require that much gear, then i'd agree you have a point. But as of now there aren't any imo (that are atleast doable, unlike pantheon hm, where even p2w peak 10 max geared can't hit anything atm).

And if you don't want to buy dias with real money, you can always farm gold using various f2p methods and buy dias with them from those selling, so you can have pretty high p2w level gears while being fully f2p, as quite a few do. p2w does make the process much faster sure.

• Peak 10 and maxed geared short of pushing +30s and I haven't spent a dollar on the game in years, I also work in construction and can't be online much.
    You don't hear people talk about gold/h or exp/h much here like other MMOs. There's some really efficient and inefficient things to do in this game

That said I do wish the game was subscription based 10$/month with plussing jewels etc dropping off bosses and general rare drops

• Only good thing 3x EXP event very nice. Other than that,

Item shop is so empty.

Plus stones so expensive...

I play only for "soul" of Runes of Magic... I think this is still here, low level zones!

• Would like to say thank you for the try to activate people to level peak system, it worked most leveled from 1 to 5.

I have some Suggestion.

1. lower levels on bosses on HM so its possible to run with peak 10.

2. if not lower levels on bosses release peak 15 or 20, make exp ratio 1/25 and make peak exp orbs be affected by exp events.

3. Communicate more whats will happend or whats going on.

• This was December 2019
    -Still can't run Pantheon
    -Still no Peak gear
    -Still no Peak skills
    -Still can't kill world boss
    -Still only peak 10/20
    -Not a SINGLE word directly from RW if this whole thing is even working as intended...

and this is coming from one of the only people who thinks the idea of peak levels is still a good idea.

• well i made my mind up long time ago to stop waiting on a fix sad to see still no change and now too long time gone to bother to come back

SoVvjsU.png

• Some users here who did a little digging on their own already are fully aware of what's behind this delay and know what's up with RW and the game. There's no use talking about it as it's violating the forum rules anyway and it doesn't change the situation either. Runewaker or Frogster/Gameforge made one mistake and one mistake only with the game: offering no reasonable way of upgrading gear without being required to cough up huge sums of money for the premium currency. Either by scrapping the RNG stones entirely and offering only the guaranteed ones at a fair price or by offering a way to obtain enough diamonds without feeling like enduring a massive grind for miniscule progress.

This was what broke the game's neck 10 years ago and sent it on the course of stagnation it settled on today. Stuff like not upgrading to the more modern x64 architecture in time, fixing the memory leaks and doing other noticable optimization on the client itself was an additional nail to the coffin but not the trigger. As to why that didn't happen, there's no telling and there never will be. They simply missed the chance while they had it and that's that.

I've seen the game in the state of 7.4.X and to me, the content of the chapter is Runewaker's way of saying "we're done with this". You have a plethora of weapons and armor but each weapon type and armor piece only has two or three different skins to it. Compare that to the diversity we had 10 years ago during Chapter 2 or 3 times. Every instance had its own very unique looking set of gear. Then there's the copypasting of instance parts or an entire instance including the outside area and overall zone design. To me, the world of Taborea in its current state looks finished. There are no more new continents, no new islands, the entire map is open and uncovered.

All one can do is accept it and enjoy the game on the official side for what it's still worth or simply move on to another game. There are some things that could be done to keep the game running for longer and perhaps make it even more enjoyable for folks again but those things would violate all kinds of EULAs and copyright laws.