Peak level adjustments - issue?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Mog- unless you are a CM/GM or an employee of RW or GF, you know as much as any of the players. To pretend that you have the ultimate answer accomplishes nada

Not sure what you are reading into my post, especially in regards to "pretending to have the ultimate answer". I'm just summarizing the information that has been given to us players in the past:

- "Two new zones each year". Hasn't been happening lately, the last one completing the story even got delayed very significantly. We are now overdue several zones, without any explanation or roadmap given.

- "Development is focusing on festival events". Has been happening lately, they've added a small quest line to each monthly event rotating in. Feels like a weird exclusive target to aim for, some players might actually enjoy this for a few minutes though.

I mean, sure, they might be planning to surprise us with a new chapter that has been secretly in the making for the past two years. While entirely ditching the peak system instead of requiring even higher levels, so that raids in that new chapter could actually ever be run by more than a few hardcore gamers. It's not outright impossible, after all they did fix the pet combat calculations they found too complicated to touch for almost ten years.

What I (and probably a lot of other players) would really, really like to see is some Community Manager confirming that we haven't reached the end of the content line yet, along with an outlook on things to come. That there's more left to the game than the umpteenth Tomb/Sun/Ice rerun. However, you may have noticed how diligently this questions gets dodged whenever we are deemed worthy an answer to lower the pitchfork count. Apparently GF has only auto-renewed some contract that allows them to keep the current servers running for a few more years. Yay.

• Not sure about slowly anymore. Glad to see that new currencies are entering the currency list but ptokens are still not on there. Since the shop change ptokens are just the same as every other currency and now a days there is literally 0 reason to not have them in there except developer laziness/stupidity(they even were just in the code to add them for the others lmao)

But hey, at least stardust is in there, hopefully the game frame for the Stellar system becomes available cause the strings are hilarious xD

Code
    1.  Required \n<CY>[DOR_STELLAR_STONE_YELLOW|Yellow Crystal Stones]: 6</CY>\nThe target is weakened. The damage taken by the target is increased by 25% for 40 seconds.
    Code
    1. Requires: \n<CR>1 [DOR_STELLAR_STONE_RED|Red Astral Crystal]</CR> \n<CB>5 [DOR_STELLAR_STONE_BLUE|Blue Astral Crystals]</CB> \nYou're granted the "Last Combat" status for 40 seconds. If your HP falls below 25% of its maximum value during this time, the damage you deal will increase by 300%.

I just leave the best 2 here for ppl to laugh at :D

• Didn't expect anything new about the peak system before december (i level115 patch) ! That's really exciting, can't wait to see what that new money is about. Keep it up and thanks for everything !

• So when will the GF team fix this peak or are they interested in making rom as hard as they possibly can?

I mean this isn't wow or anything, certainly not worth the amount of money GF think/dream of. And still no solution for healer and tank classes,

not enough quests to even get to peak 2 for them with the current system.

I think GF is overestimating their game ROM and not bothering with the fix, lets see how many will try to reach peak 115 when it comes and how

many will quit, will be interesting to see that.

• Peak 9 now after only a few months of leveling with pets during events. The requirements are kinda high but most of you must not have ever played flyff/metin/uo/darkfall/navyfield/anykoreanmmoever. A long term goal you have to grind for in a mmorpg? I know crazy idea.

Best exp/h in game right now is Pantheon normal which is incredibly hard to solo farm. This is the best place for healers/tanks/support to work together and farm faster then everyone else. I know right imagine working together to level like a normal mmo.

I thought previously the whole system was broken as it was obvious peak 5 was not equivalent to lv.105 accuracy. Unfortunately I can confirm with lots of testing and screenshots I'll post later that the system is working as intended and the answer to what's going on with it is actually super obvious.
    I'm not happy about it either because it means they knew we couldn't touch hardmode with peak5 when it released and didn't tell us.

• It really doesn't matter anymore almost one year later.

Glad you mentioned several games that are the same way so i know what to avoid thank you :)

SoVvjsU.png

• So its been 11 month since the peak system was introduced and the system is still useless, still no news what will happend with it or if it will be changed, we dont even know how it works fully yet its not strange people give up when there is no comunication between the developers and the players i know alot of people who want to know if something gonna change anytime soon or they stop this madness. i have a few questions of my own that i asked before.

1. Will there be a change in the Exp needed or will the 1/100 ration change?

2. For what peak level is HM designed for? do we need peak 20 to be able to do bosses in Pantheon HM? or will 15 be enough? Or will you change the level of bosses?

3. Where is that peak gear that was announced when you introduced peak system?

• its not strange people give up when there is no comunication between the developers and the players i know alot of people who want to know if something gonna change anytime soon or they stop this madness.

think the same and have the same questions

For many years with lack of new content or delays, we created some alters and almost everybody have more than one pj just for fun and prove new classes.

How will fit this situation with the requeriments of peak system? It's awful to upgrade one character, don't wanna think in leveling more

11 months and I still don't understand what are u thinking with it...

• Don't worry guys I'm sure the 'Astral Energy' system will solve all these problems and definitely won't be more p2w or rng

How to break what's already broken, a guide by the GF+RW team.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• Don't worry guys I'm sure the 'Astral Energy' system will solve all these problems and definitely won't be more p2w or rng

How to break what's already broken, a guide by the GF+RW team.

what makes it worse is that they have nothing to say there is absolutely 0 interest to tell us anything. i think they just milk the last out of this game now and abandon it really soon :)

• Don't think gameforge want to abandon this game, they still make a decent amount of money off of the playerbase here. But they've always been awful at communication. I'm personally still clueless how gameforge can not pressure runewaker to fix this shit after 1 year and be fine with them developing crappy new festival content that almost no one cares about.