Peak level adjustments - issue?

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • The big problem with peak system is that you need to be level 15 or 20 to even hit bosses in pantheon hardmode, not even if people put in the effort to farm 100-200h to reach level 10 its still not enough, and for level 15 and 20 you will need 3 times that amount. 1-10 is 1165kk exp 10-20 is 3775kk

if you farm 15kk in 3-4h its 250 days of farming and thats from releasing it you cant prefarm. Its just a insane amount of time.

• Ok, I have read this thread and all "complaints", and now am a little bit concerned to continue to play the game, if so many people get disappointed with the endgame.

But question now, since I like ROM and I don't like WoW, what is another alternative? Is there any other fantasy MMORPG alike, or as close as possible that you can recommend? Lineage, Everquest?

Unfortunately even without peak levels the end game is pretty non existent here. As messed up as it is Peak is the most endgame content we've probably ever had tbh.
    If end game content is just running the latest instance 500 times in a row then we've had plenty of that I guess.
    That being said that's most MMORPGs endgame is just running the same dungeon over and over

This game for me is about personal goals with gear/cards/etc. Imagine if 50 of us were all peak 20 and running pantheon HM right now, what difference would it actually make to anything in game? A few new pieces of gear? Not even new stats lol.

I wouldn't recommend another single MMO on the market atm, they all have the same problem.
    I was gone for a while on Darkfall but it's already offline haha

• please keep in mind that this can be seen as advertisement of third-party games, which is against our Community Guidelines.

You need not worry anymore - a large part of players has left RoM already, and is playing the bad third-party games...;(

• please keep in mind that this can be seen as advertisement of third-party games, which is against our Community Guidelines.

You need not worry anymore - a large part of players has left RoM already, and is playing the bad third-party games...;(

yup, i played 3rd party games. i'm back cause none of them matched my dirty talking mature housemaids (if anyone from 3rd party is reading this... well... i know you are not prepared, but make it happen)

with that being said, i would advise people unhappy with endgame to just ignore peak level and have fun with all the other features of the game. it's an awesome game, full of divers content, it's a shame not to enjoy it all

• No reason to change that, they already gave us free leveling with the orbs and x3 events.

Are you kidding? I can't believe i’m reading this. Do you have any clue what you just wrote? Have you ever farmed xp for 1 hour even? xp triple works for dps yes but is only on first levels and still need tons of hours at pc farming. And orbs you mean those that we need to buy for 250 diamonds? Most of players are f2p. Ah those orbs you trade when xp event is over? How far can you go using orbs? In the next 2 or 3 years you are still below lvl V! This makes no sense. Is already a pain for a dps to lvl up to lvl 5 or 6 so imagine non dps classes. Besides that did you counted all those experience buffs you need? XP pot 100% requires ruby. Those you get on loyal bonus logins are not enough at all. So you need a lot of diamonds to buy all those buffs and prepare for countless hours farming. They released this brilliant idea on December and look now how many players are lvl 3 or 4 even? Seriously

We need to get stronger!!

• Dear Doctor Magnus,

Have you already reached level 100/100 on every class combo, including all the TP needed to top off ALL skills and built top-notch statted gear for both classes? I'm talking separate, 2-class characters- every possible class combo with all available set skills and cenedril buffs.

Set a goal to achieve a new class combo, or level all crafting, or be the first on your server with a t16, fully yellow-and-orange statted weapon.

End-game isn't really the end. Get creative.

• No reason to change that, they already gave us free leveling with the orbs and x3 events.

Are you kidding? I can't believe i’m reading this. Do you have any clue what you just wrote? Have you ever farmed xp for 1 hour even? xp triple works for dps yes but is only on first levels and still need tons of hours at pc farming. And orbs you mean those that we need to buy for 250 diamonds? Most of players are f2p. Ah those orbs you trade when xp event is over? How far can you go using orbs? In the next 2 or 3 years you are still below lvl V! This makes no sense. Is already a pain for a dps to lvl up to lvl 5 or 6 so imagine non dps classes. Besides that did you counted all those experience buffs you need? XP pot 100% requires ruby. Those you get on loyal bonus logins are not enough at all. So you need a lot of diamonds to buy all those buffs and prepare for countless hours farming. They released this brilliant idea on December and look now how many players are lvl 3 or 4 even? Seriously

dont put energy on this guy its a troll.

• I think even the the start of the peak system is a failure. Came back RoM after a couple years of break and can barely squeeze out one hour a day to play just to find out that leveling stops at 100, because I need hardmode instances for the first quest. Doesn't motivate.

• No you don't- go back to the NPC and tell him that boss is a hard nut to crack. An alternative will be offered. Cap is 100 and now there is a thing called Peak levels beyond 100/100. It's a lot of work to accomplish it.

• Seems to me it is time for a rare, rare, posting from yours truly.

I know it will take a long, long, etc etc etc etc, time to get to Peak 2. I know that no matter what I do I will ever be able to afford to get my gear even close enough to do a lot of the instances on "Normal" mode when I can barely complete some of them on Easy.

I love this game, pure and simple. I have things I would like to see changed and not just Peak . However the good far outweigh the bad in my opinion.

Just thought I would mention that and post something good for a change in this thread.

On when not working a RL job :)

LadyGlenda

Aeterna,

100 Mage/ 100 Priest

• No you don't- go back to the NPC and tell him that boss is a hard nut to crack. An alternative will be offered. Cap is 100 and now there is a thing called Peak levels beyond 100/100. It's a lot of work to accomplish it.

How does this work? I've just tried to talk again to Leya Peak but I don't get an alternative.

Talking about crossing the mountain path, to be clear.

Edited once, last by Aramis ().

• How does this work? I've just tried to talk again to Leya Peak but I don't get an alternative.

Talking about crossing the mountain path, to be clear.

are you level 100 and your subclass too?

SoVvjsU.png

• I Clearly need more coffee :)

Leya offers no alternative but you can farm the frags in Logar (there is a quest that changes every 2h) to buy the things needed for crossing the mountain path Quest

SoVvjsU.png

• Some of those quests are beyond doing solo. Some are as seasy as going to the other side of Logar and killing a bear cub. I think I saw a list of the targets somewhere on the forum.

• Some of those quests are beyond doing solo. Some are as seasy as going to the other side of Logar and killing a bear cub. I think I saw a list of the targets somewhere on the forum.

https://runesofmagic.gamepedia…_Level#Peak_Hunt_Missions

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng