Retoring "infinite Progress"

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • When I started playing RoM back in 2010, one of my guildies pointed out that RoM is a "game of infinite progress". What she meant is that you can always gain more TP, better gear, better stats, higher levels. We don't really have that going on.

We haven't had a level cap increase in the last few zones. I seriously feel that needs to change. It can be done without waiting for a new zone.

1. Create a set of quests for "Epic Level" crafters and gatherers, that will lift the skill level cap to 120.

2. Lift the level cap from 100 to 101 now.

3. Many players are already wearing gear that came out with Chassizz, so leave that gear at 100.

4. Commit to a new zone every 9 or 10 months, with a level cap increase of 1 for each zone. The next zone and the gear released with it would be 102. At 1 increase every 10 months, it will tale 18 years for the game to reach 120, which is where a number of other games are already at.

5. POMS are so hard to get, The orange stats are therefore hard to get. POM events are nice, but there should be some other way for the non-endgame players to obtain them.

6. Instead of 3 difficulty levels for instances, create a fourth "Solo" level, Only one player at a time, similar to the mirror/cenedril things, but with purple gear rewards, so players can run alone and get the gear they need. The gear doen't need to drop quite as often, since we won't be rolling for it, but we should be able to farm for the gear and stats we need for our main or alt characters. It would generate more ABL purchases, because folks would transfer OD gear to their alts. More ABL purchases translates into more diamond purchases, in turn leading it more revenue to support the servers and GF. I know, as players, we want everything cheap and easy, but GF has expenses, and with fewer players than we had years ago, the expenses have to be covered by generating more diamond purchases.

There are my thoughts- all simple stuff to do.

• idk how simple all that stuff is when they can't even figure out how to make accuracy work with peak levels.

Best idea imo is revamping older content. Do we need another new zone that won't be touched again after that cap? Do we really? I'd rather a new higher level area in dragonfang or something and it would be less work for the devs.

The game honestly has these systems in place they just don't give enough for anyone to give a damn. The title system and card collection. Imagine if titles/cards actually gave relevant stats(like 10x currently) people would start actually playing the game doing the quests etc.

• Chassizz is the end of the Archeapelago. Where they go next is up to RW. I always notice things like the two "areas" above the guild castle manager and house maid in Lower Varanas East and West. They could easily build the next zones there. Also in the Temple of Mysteries area of Dragonfang Ridge, the Water's Tutelage in Salioca Basin, etc. . . There are places new quests can be built in without expanding the world map. However they do it, I see no reason to finish Chassizz if I can't pick up another level. Without goals, what's the point? Gathering skills are at 100. Crafting is at 100, I could run cenedrils and dailies forever, but. . . meh. For me, restoring the opportunity for "infinite improvement" is what will get me interested again.

Item 6 in my list isn't so much about restoring the challenge as it is making the game better for those of us who don't live in Taborea 4-16 hours a day. Casual players like myself might play more often if we weren't dependent on guilds. Yes, I get that it is about teamwork and all that, but some of us don't play enough to justify taking up space in a guild roster. When i played more regularly, the guild and its members were central to enjoying the game, but now, I find other things to do. I just don't find enough things that I want to spend a lot of time on it.

• I think "solo mode" for inis it's interesting. Maybe purple gear like the hardmode would be too much, but usefulls stats and other rewards that can helps at the trading in the game would be so nice.

yes, this game has a lot of features with many posibilitys to revamp, the priority now is to do the "new" content playable but inmediatly after or now at the same time, they could think about it...

• One of the reasons for running the instance in solo mode is so you can complete the purple gear sets. It doesn't need to drop purple on every boss every time. If you had a 1 in 5 chance of a set piece dropping, and the same stuff mix of sets as normal hard mode, you could still complete you sets over time, and along the way get the gear for your secondary and your alts.

It would require a revamp of the mob and boss strengths, and in some cases, a revamp of the mechanics for that mode. For example, in Sardo, you might still have to use the catapult on the first boss, but you wouldn't have to worry about the mobs rolling bombs at you. Other things, like Jenny Giant in TOSH would also need to work differently in solo mode.

• 1) i think a crafting expansion would be cool, epic questline sounds like a nice way to do it. We didn't really see one in a while now.

2) I think if they just fix the many issues with peak system we dont really need a new level cap.

3) n/a

4) i think this is way too unrealistic unfortunately. Long ago caps were much shorter but now since its clear runewaker don't give a crap content takes way longer(13-14months and released bugged) and this was when the content was already premade, bosses, textures and map files were in the game for years. Now none of that exists anymore for anything else so i can't expect content to be quicker at all.

5) proofs are not even close to being endgame restricted, due to how gameforge fucked up on their proof events and offered thousands preety much for free. Not to mention world bosses aren't even close to challenging anymore. There is no reason anyone should be restricted from these stats at this point.

6) not really a fan of the solo mode, its an mmo and should be played together. But i'd love to see them rework normal modes to actually be useful to run.

• In re 4)

There is a contract between RW and GF that runs out in a year or two. I suspect, though, that part of the motivation to not raise the cap is that they are concerned about reaching too high a level. For the first several years, there was a new release every six months. Level cap would go up by two and then three, then two again, so five levels per year.

I started doing the peak boss kill every two hours on the weekend, then I read that we are only looking at a couple percentage points of imporvement at peak level five. You can get more than that just by teiring your gear a couple more levels.

6) Yes, it's an mmo, I get that. It also tends to attract rude, arrogant, obnoxious players that I sometimes do not want to deal with. My level cap toons aren't strong enough for those endgamers to want me along, so how do I complete gear sets and set skills? Sell diamonds so I can come up with enough gold to buy the gear? Solo mode would allow me to get back to that infinite progress.

• With the revamp of the Peak System, I can now see what they are trying to do. It does restore the idea of infinite progress, as does running cenedryl mirror ini's over and over and over and. . .

I don't know how much a 1% boost to my attributes will help, but let's see where I am with this peak thing after I work it up to 5. I still think level cap bumps would be better, but I'm not the boss.

• In re 4)

There is a contract between RW and GF that runs out in a year or two. I suspect, though, that part of the motivation to not raise the cap is that they are concerned about reaching too high a level. For the first several years, there was a new release every six months. Level cap would go up by two and then three, then two again, so five levels per year.

whats ESO cap now? 1000 yet? or is it higher?

we just topped 100....

Cerburus 100S/100W/100WD/100M/100D/100R

Misguided 100/CH/100R/100W/100M/70WL/78P

Sober 100K/70W/60P

Started playing March 2009.

The UD/AFK King.

• I agree, Tom. There should be no concerns, yet here we are. I can only guess at the reasons. So far, I'm not impressed with the peak level thing. Folks like myself who play in spurts, and those who only play a few hours a week will take years to reach peak 5, and then there apparently is only a couple % boost from it.