Talent Points Pool

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • Maybe this has already been suggested somewhere in old forums but I haven't find it.

There are people who lately farmed their xp peak level but in terms of it they also have tons of talent points which cannot be used. I am talking about billions of them (e.g. I personally have 2 billion tp which cannot be used since literally all my skills are at max.level, and I know about others who have much more).

It would be nice if there is some tool so tp can be used for other char combo and not only for primary one who farmed it. The way would have been to make one pool of tp for each char combo within the same char. After-all it was this char who farmed it so why not let him use it for his other combos as well?

If this is not possible there should be at least some reward for it like being able to convert these tp to exp via some pot with reasonable ratio. I find it like a huge wasting of tp where one char combo is overwhelmed by tp while when you switch to other one you are struggling to level your skills even if you farmed enough tp with the same char.

Just my few cents.

• You could have done that WHILE earning the TP using charms. Load part of the XP into a charm amulet, then send the filled stone to the character you want to use it on, or sell it.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• You could have done that WHILE earning the TP using charms. Load part of the XP into a charm amulet, then send the filled stone to the character you want to use it on, or sell it.

But it's not the point. Charms only create other extra tp outside from the pool. Let alone that 1 mil TP charm costs fortune in IS.

• It is really stupid to see a billion tp you literally can't use while your other classes are struggling to max the general skills.

With peak now as well it's just going to get worse and worse I hope they add something to do with it.

• You can do dailies and goblin runs on your secondary class, or take turns with your other guildies running instances, allowing one or two of you to tag in on that secondary class. The real problem as I see it is that they added a third class but didn't add enough quests about level 50 to support it. I gave up the 3-class idea quickly and advise new players not to be sucked into it. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There's not enough quests to support the TP and XP requirements. I'm sure a lot more daily resets get sold than there used to be, but then those same players are maybe the ones who don't like how expensive the game is.

• Is not so much about looking ways to get more TPs for your second class, is more about looking for something to do with the billion useless TPs you get in your primary after you raised all skills for all its combos at max.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)

• You can do dailies and goblin runs on your secondary class, or take turns with your other guildies running instances, allowing one or two of you to tag in on that secondary class. The real problem as I see it is that they added a third class but didn't add enough quests about level 50 to support it. I gave up the 3-class idea quickly and advise new players not to be sucked into it. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There's not enough quests to support the TP and XP requirements. I'm sure a lot more daily resets get sold than there used to be, but then those same players are maybe the ones who don't like how expensive the game is.

As above poster says it's about unused TP, not about getting more of them. I personally have 5 classes and 4 of them on 100 level. Daily quests do not solve the point of my post. Of course you may get kited or farm by yourself, but kiting with the strongest class brings you tons of tp you cannot use anywhere else.

As above poster says it's about unused TP, not about getting more of them. I personally have 5 classes and 4 of them on 100 level. Daily quests do not solve the point of my post. Of course you may get kited or farm by yourself, but kiting with the strongest class brings you tons of tp you cannot use anywhere else.

The point of getting kited is so you can take those secondary classes that are short on TP into the run and get your TP there, not so you can get kited on your primary class.

• I personally have 5 classes and 4 of them on 100 level.

So, if you only had two classes, how much TP would be on that one secondary class. The rea; problem is that the game is not well laid out for mulltiple classes on one toon. You can get TP from grinding and dailies, sure, but the majority of it comes from quests until you reach level cap, and the TP awarded reaching each level fal farther and farther short. Then at level cap you can actually start building your TP pool up to level all the skills.

There aren't enough quests to support 3 classes effectively, let alone 5 or more. If you quest during point bonus events, and we all do, then that TP deficit gets even worse. in 2018 I took a c/r from 76/76 to 100/100 during Christmas bonus event. I still haven't had the time to go back and pick up all the quests I left behind, and he struggles with great gear but lousy skill levels.

• I personally have 5 classes and 4 of them on 100 level.

So, if you only had two classes, how much TP would be on that one secondary class. The rea; problem is that the game is not well laid out for mulltiple classes on one toon. You can get TP from grinding and dailies, sure, but the majority of it comes from quests until you reach level cap, and the TP awarded reaching each level fal farther and farther short. Then at level cap you can actually start building your TP pool up to level all the skills.

There aren't enough quests to support 3 classes effectively, let alone 5 or more. If you quest during point bonus events, and we all do, then that TP deficit gets even worse. in 2018 I took a c/r from 76/76 to 100/100 during Christmas bonus event. I still haven't had the time to go back and pick up all the quests I left behind, and he struggles with great gear but lousy skill levels.

both my main chars have all 6 classes all 100, questing during exp events is what kills your tp recent events have been giving out more then 2x the tp:xp if you grind instead.
    And if any of you know me you know I don't group up with people to level my other sides. I also am f2p I don't use daily tickets.
    Knowledge is power in this game for sure you gotta have all the pets buffs and junk and know how to farm efficiently.

So even with 5 other classes at 100 my champ still has 1.3b unspendable TP which is the topic here. There should be something to do with this instead of just building to infinity

• Yes. There should be something to do with the TP. Since we are doing the Peak thing now, it looks like our skills won't move beyond level 100.

I think part of Pardiac's problem might also be that he treats his secondary classes like secondary classes. The only way to get enough TP on them is to gear the secondary classes and go work them. I wasn't suggesting to him that he play his primary class more, but that seemed to be the message he got out of it.

• Yes. There should be something to do with the TP. Since we are doing the Peak thing now, it looks like our skills won't move beyond level 100.

I think part of Pardiac's problem might also be that he treats his secondary classes like secondary classes. The only way to get enough TP on them is to gear the secondary classes and go work them. I wasn't suggesting to him that he play his primary class more, but that seemed to be the message he got out of it.

Sorry, this is off-topic. I don't ask how to get TP for secondary class. This is feedback and suggestion sub. My topic is clear and I think others can understand it. Pardiac's problem is not lack of knowledge how to get TP for other class but effective using of unusable TP sitting on primary class. You are making completely irrelevant statements.

• Here's where your original post led me down the path I took-

"It would be nice if there is some tool so tp can be used for other char combo and not only for primary one who farmed it. The way would have been to make one pool of tp for each char combo within the same char. After-all it was this char who farmed it so why not let him use it for his other combos as well?"

You were asking, as I understood it, how to get more TP on the secondary side.

As for TP on primary, you are correct. With level cap seemingly at now permanently set at 100, all the TP we accumulate getting to Peak 5, and eventually Peak 20, as mentioned in some GM announcement about it, there isn't anything you can do with it. Hopefully our conversation here will get sent to RW so they can find a way for us to put it to use.

Not holding my breath on this one.

• Here's a thought. There are potions, or foods, or something that allow you to convert one type of "pet points" into a different kind of "pet points". How about a charm that will make TP transferable. It could be set up so it is available either item shop, or, for the F2P players, purchased with that currency we get from mirror world runs. One can only use so many Angel sighs and golden eggs.