Darn it... still no IRC

• Long story short: The IRC server broke down completely and can't be revived easily.

Switch to Discord is imminent, once everything (for RoM) is setup completely it will be posted here on the f(j)orums.

If any reasonable number of people (no Rusty, just you and me does not count, unfortunately :P) absolutely "needs" IRC as their chat-client of choice I'm more than willing to put some effort into linking the old with the new.

But it won't be official (as in the only official Chat will be Discord) and not on OnlineGamesNet since that one is dead now.

Most likely I'd just grab a channel on the Freenode network (since it's the biggest one left) and link it.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Thanks, Saito. I guess Germans are safe for now from their caffines being raided.

And, I figure none of us are "married" to IRC, so Discord works. IRC is kind of old standard, from the days when turkeh was gobbling about that hot new gopher thing and how happy she is with her new spiffy 1200 baud modem.

• I invite one and all to join The RoM Wiki Discord Server.

Even burds are welcome...

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Finally, ROM moving on from the stone age and going to discord. Can't wait!

https://xkcd.com/1782/

last panel might be me :P

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

• Could be worse. My work is trying to get me to use Github... which I am doing, kinda, kicking and screaming. Well, they do the kicking part. I am just screaming.

*Rusty is old dog and doesn't want to learn new tricks*

• You're still in the "version1.zip version1.1.zip version1.1-real.zip version1.1-realreal.zip" camp? :P

• You're still in the "version1.zip version1.1.zip version1.1-real.zip version1.1-realreal.zip" camp? :P

Yeah. I don't need stupid software designed for 20 developers working independently to tell me what to do. I don't feel the urge to merge with my master and he can stick his branches you know where...

And you can't have fun with it, like you can with writing documentation that nobody reads - and I hope that if someone ever does, they have good sense of humor, or I am long since retired by then.

• We're missing out on so much.. Instead of warning her that other girlfriends are probably getting more we can't do anything... Darn it!

Well, she is on Facebook... :)

welp

She said something about how Germans are now feeling all comfortable and safe and soft and relaxed, and how unprepared they are to the fate about to befall them.

Then she found cute picture of yawning cat, and a story on /r/walmart subreddit and forgot all about it.

• normally it should be a few minutes to have at least something running
    Make a Discord Server, add one channel for each language/region, make a teams section, make a team role, invite teamler, (wait about 2 days that teamlers can join first,) post link into forums

The final setup can be done later, just keep Teamchannels hidden

Baldr - Secretmage

Magier/Hexer/Priester/Schurke//

Rüstigerentner