Confusion about multi-accounts

• AFAIK, multiple accounts are not only allowed, they are encouraged. That being said, playing multiple accounts at the same time can be a problem depending on how you do it. I'm not sure how far we are allowed to go in discussing what is and isn't allowed. For sure you are not allowed to control multiple accounts simultaneously.

• Yes, the rules of RoM clarify that it is allowed, so you can have and play multiple Accounts.

Also you an have them logged in same time, but absolutely no automation (except the ingame possibilities like following).

Baldr - Secretmage

Magier/Hexer/Priester/Schurke//

Rüstigerentner

• For sure you are not allowed to control multiple accounts simultaneously.

https://www.curseforge.com/rom/addons/followonping

Why not and what do you mean by "control" ?

Addons like those should be fine as they use ingame functions.
    Without getting into too much detail of what you can do, if your running a 3rd party program in the background that is effecting RoM in any way that's again ToS.

AFAIK ALL addons are deemed legal atm even though there's a few that do break tos imo.

• No, this addon is probably against the rules due to automation. Ingame functions can still be used to make a bot. Just look at the auto arcanium arena "addon". Which is entirely a bot and being used every day, sometimes 24/7 by people and still nothing been done about it.

Just using game functions does not make it legal to use.

As for the OP, multi accounts is not allowed but tolerated by the team( i believe is the official statement). However should you use your alts to gain an unfair advantage over other players then the EU team will smack down on you preety hard.

If you're on EU server don't use alts for world bosses, every other community is fine. :)

• Addons like those should be fine as they use ingame functions.

There's really a lot of things you can do with ingame functions that are not fine, like forcing clients of other players to crash. There even used to be a very popular addon provided by the developers themselves that allows you to walk right through walls, among others. Gameforge doesn't really care much about Runes of Magic, so it usually takes a few years for such addons to get declared illegal, if at all. You may still get sanctioned for using them based on your community and the GMs around , there aren't any clear rules.

• Addons like those should be fine as they use ingame functions.

There's really a lot of things you can do with ingame functions that are not fine, like forcing clients of other players to crash. There even used to be a very popular addon provided by the developers themselves that allows you to walk right through walls, among others. Gameforge doesn't really care much about Runes of Magic, so it usually takes a few years for such addons to get declared illegal, if at all. You may still get sanctioned for using them based on your community and the GMs around , there aren't any clear rules.

The only time I ever heard of anyone getting in trouble with addons was using petautocraft to fully afk at pet tamers, which you can still see people doing lol.
    I never heard of an addon that lets you walk through walls... a certain popular modded folder though...

• I am new to this conversation, but want to point out that the new GF launcher client is designed to make it easy to launch multiple RoM accounts. On the top, where your GF account is located, there is a drop menu to add more game accounts into the GF account. Then you can click on change account where the game account name appears, select the connected account you want to play and hit the arrow. You can run them ALL if your PC will take the load.

• I am new to this conversation, but want to point out that the new GF launcher client is designed to make it easy to launch multiple RoM accounts.

Yeah, I think the last launcher update was the first time ever I immediately liked a launcher update of any game. They improved the launch process of multiple RoM accounts by A LOT with that last update. Actually a great job for once!

• i like the new launcher too but still face the problem with accounts not launching and being stuck in obtain server

at least i can now see which one is not running so helps to find out which one is stuck too

SoVvjsU.png