PvP Content in Runes of Magic

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • NOTE: This thread doesn't make much sense by itself. It is part of a bigger thread that was split into several pieces to keep discussions on a single subject per thread, otherwise things would get too messy. See the Master thread HERE.

• Siege War System
        • In siege war, there were a variety of roles that all types of players could fulfill. Players of any level/class/gear could farm merits, upgrade themselves in order to crystal/merit farm, operate siege vehicles, etc. This allowed for players of any level, skill, gear, or class to be able to participate in an effective manner in order to contribute to some aspect of their guild’s overall success. With the exception of a few obvious issues with siege war, the siege war system was designed very well.
          • That being said, people should not be able to be shot through solid walls and people should not be able to simply log on alts and hold their gates while doing nothing for 60 minutes. 100k point guilds should also not be paired with 1k point guilds when other high point guilds are registered. There are obvious things that need to be fixed about siege war.
      • Limited Buff Items (Dumplings, Laor Tarts, etc.)
        • This makes PvP unbalanced. Simply bring them back to the crafting system, allowing everyone to have the same advantage rather than the richer or P2W people to have the advantage through buying them at high gold amounts that others couldn’t necessarily afford
      • Siege War Pairings
        • This has been an issue of RoM for a very long time and there are so many easy fixes for it. The top 1-4 guilds registered for Siege War should not be paired with other guild’s in the bottom half of the bracket. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. A new pairing system needs to be put into place that puts guilds into different groupings based on their ranking amongst the guilds signed up. These groupings should have random pairings within one another to ensure that for example the top 4 guilds have matchups with one another, and the bottom 4 the same. This would most definitely improve the siege experience for if not all, the majority of guilds interested in PvP.
      • Ability to cheese in Siege War (Being able to use alts to protect gates, do nothing the whole hour, then fearcap at end is so terrible).
      • Siege War Title System
        • The Siege War title system was a great system that was implemented throughout the game, providing great buffs for players to succeed in PvE content. The only two problems I see with this system is that…
          • A) The buffs were never renewed! It was a very great idea to implement this system although once people finished (which for most of us was years ago), there was nothing more to achieve. It would have been interesting to see more siege titles added throughout the later years of Runes of Magic.
          • B) It took quite a long time in order for people to obtain Ironblood Will, which is an essential buff at this stage of the game. Maybe reduce the cost of badges in order to complete the whole pathway so that new players aren’t “gimped” for a year and a half or even longer.
      • (Suggestion) Siege War Seasons
        • Have it so that guilds are rewarded for high Siege War rankings at the end of each season, providing an incentive for guilds to show up and try for siege. This idea could have many small things people would abuse that could be discussed further in order to prevent them, but the idea in itself is sound.
      • (Suggestion) PvP events
        • This is not necessary in order to fix the game, but what would be is adding unique features and new events to attract the attention of players who have previously played Runes of Magic. This event was attempted in the past but horribly executed. This could be accomplished by having 1v1 and 3v3 tournaments hosted within game (in the arena for example) and monitored by a GM, who would also be responsible for updating a bracket, awarding the winner.
        • RoM has experienced the same style of GM events for so long, it’s time to make a change. After the first server merge, our guild, PPK, hosted an event run only by players with no ability to alter anything within game. We gave away endgame gear and special prizes for simply completing a difficult obstacle course we constructed (within our guild castle) on the first day of the first merge. It wasn’t anything spectacular but people had fun! That’s the ultimate goal, we don’t need the most mind blowing events in the world, although something new would be refreshing.
      • (Suggestion) Create an incentive to PvP
        • PvP became so dead, and we’re not just talking about Siege War, even the arena lobbies, guild warring, Karros Canyon, Tyrefen Mountain Range, Visdun Fortress, etc. People do not care to PvP because they have absolutely no reason to. Most games have some sort of currency that they get STRICTLY through PvP that provides an incentive to do arena, siege, etc. This allows for these forms of PvP to be active and the PvP aspect of the game to be more popular. This will without a doubt come with bots; but if this game is worth people trying to bot, it’s better than it being dead! That is when you would have to do the work of regulating it. Honor points was not enough of an incentive to fulfill this purpose.
        • Arcanium Arena was a great idea although it had some bumps in the road that needed to be fixed. The main issue was that the stats were never updated. This caused the value of the arena to essentially have an expiration date. This could be fixed by simply increasing the stat values every or every other cap to maintain their viability; the name wouldn’t even have to change just literally increase the stat values.
        • That being said, all these forms of PvP are very entertaining, although in an MMORPG where one is constantly working on upgrading and being the best, people rather do things for a purpose than simply for fun, unfortunately.

In this thread you can discuss about adding positives and/or negatives regarding PvP content in Runes of Magic.

• A) The buffs were never renewed! It was a very great idea to implement this system although once people finished (which for most of us was years ago), there was nothing more to achieve. It would have been interesting to see more siege titles added throughout the later years of Runes of Magic.

The big problem here is that Ironblood Will is already very strong and everything better would be kind of overpowered, especially because new players don't have access to it for some (currently very long!) time. 20% damage boost (or so) is very frustrating new players trying to climb in the scrutinizer.

Imagine that old player in the group that just deals more damage than you because he farmed siege war titles 3 years ago, you can have as much skill as you want, you cannot beat him.

Also, you forgot a very important point: It should not be possible to make your character permanently useless by not choosing the richt track for the siege war titles!! No one told me when I started the game to choose the all attributes track, so I skipped the 2 buffs (don't know the english name) that every group needs. So basically, as a supporter, this is a major downside and I had to create a new character, after investing years into my original character. Just give players an (easy) possibility to get these skills after they missed them, even resetting the track to that point would be better than permanently dooming the character!

the name wouldn’t even have to change just literally increase the stat values.

No, that would create kind-of "growing" stats that you put on your equipment once and that grow with each cap (as far as I understand). So players would try to extract those and (partially) destroy their old equipment in the process, making second-hand equipment much more expensive.

I would instead prefer a system like the Phirius stats where you also get a new name every cap (maybe every 2 caps or so would be fine too).

currency that they get STRICTLY through PvP

I don't like this idea for the following reason: You have one of two cases

1. There are no exclusive rewards obtainable with this currency --> Just give them the normal currency (mementos, phirius shells, etc)
    2. There are exclusive rewards --> PvE only players are forced to farm PvP which they do not enjoy, see current guildwar system where there are hundreds of guilds going 50/50.

The only exception would be either items only useful in PvP that you can buy only from PvP currency or - arguably - some cosmetic stuff.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• The big problem here is that Ironblood Will is already very strong and everything better would be kind of overpowered, especially because new players don't have access to it for some (currently very long!) time. 20% damage boost (or so) is very frustrating new players trying to climb in the scrutinizer.

Imagine that old player in the group that just deals more damage than you because he farmed siege war titles 3 years ago, you can have as much skill as you want, you cannot beat him.

the issue of the time it takes to get ironblood will was addressed, but the future titles that they couldve made wouldnt even have to be an upgrade to ibw, it could be something for PvP, just something to make siege titles useful again.

No, that would create kind-of "growing" stats that you put on your equipment once and that grow with each cap (as far as I understand). So players would try to extract those and (partially) destroy their old equipment in the process, making second-hand equipment much more expensive.

I would instead prefer a system like the Phirius stats where you also get a new name every cap (maybe every 2 caps or so would be fine too).

the name isn't really relevant like, the point is to try to continue to make arcanium arena and other forms of instanced pvp popular again, whether they add a new name or not doesn't make a big deal as long as some sort of incentive is made for people to keep doing these arenas!

There are no exclusive rewards obtainable with this currency --> Just give them the normal currency (mementos, phirius shells, etc)
    There are exclusive rewards --> PvE only players are forced to farm PvP which they do not enjoy, see current guildwar system where there are hundreds of guilds going 50/50.

The only exception would be either items only useful in PvP that you can buy only from PvP currency or - arguably - some cosmetic stuff.

that's a lot of the reason why people stopped sieging and a lot of the reason why people gave up on RoM. You're seeing it from the point of view of people who only want to PvE although people who preferred PvP in the game got so bored because people stopped showing up to siege due to farming dungeons being more valuable. As of now there is plenty of incentive for people to be active in PvE, and regardless of whether you want to or not, you still have to in someway siege for IBW. Also, as you said, the currency could be for an edge in PvP as opposed to an edge in PvE! People just need some sort of reason to do these forms of PvP and gain something as opposed to people thinking of it as a waste of time.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• Ok, that would be good.

make arcanium arena and other forms of instanced pvp popular again

Then you just have to add something to stopp all the bots/AFKs in it because about 90% of players were bots when I played it the last times, but that is only a technical question one could solve quite easily (assign points for stuff you do and give rewards based on points or so).

got so bored because people stopped showing up to siege due to farming dungeons being more valuable

I agree, it is not nice to play against AFK guilds. I myself enjoy the siege war (unless it is a completely one-sided match) and sometimes prefer SW over dungeons.

But I don't think, guilds that prefer siege war (for having fun) would stop it and run dungeons instead because it is more profitable, I mean it still is a game and we play it for fun. Although I see the problem that PvP guilds need stats too and therefore are forced to do PvE which they (probably) don't like and we should add something like OP suggested to give them some sort of currency.

• But I don't think, guilds that prefer siege war (for having fun) would stop it and run dungeons instead because it is more profitable, I mean it still is a game and we play it for fun. Although I see the problem that PvP guilds need stats too and therefore are forced to do PvE which they (probably) don't like and we should add something like OP suggested to give them some sort of currency.

100% agree!

SW and Arena 3 vs 3, 6 vs 6 Karros Canyon, Tyrefen Mountain Range, Visdun Fortress have to give this some currency for every "kill"

"currency" that you get for "Killing" or be near (in case you play PVP tank or healer)

1 "kill" = 1 "coin"

make that ""currency"" OP!

1-st idea :

NPS who trade "currency" for tokens, shells, mementos, shards ... and so on

example:

1 "kill currency" = 1 token

2 "kill currency" = 1 shell

1 "kill currency" = 2 mementos

1 "kill currency" = 3 shards

20 "kill currency" = 1 proof

2-nd idea:

NPS that sell PVE gear (similar to Proof vendor)

300-400-500 "kill currency" for 1 item

Items are with good set bonus and give set bonus 5% dmg or so (make it better then craft set

Items are good for make swap gear and give "unique name" red stat (can be used together with Proof/ini red stats

Items are split in sets (pants belt hands cape) (upper helmet feet sholders) and

Accessory give Attack+crit or Healing+crit

3-th idea (Dreams) PVP Weapons

It is 10% weaker then Hard mode weapon but give 15- 20% dmg vs players

and Best healer hammer/wand in game (20% more healing power and m dmg)

So every healer who want to be OP Need ot HAVE it XD

(weapon cost 1000 "kill currency" but give "unique name" red stat (can be used together with Proof/ini red stats))

in conclusion:

If you like PVP and do Lot of PVP you WON'T need to do even daily, minigames, farm memento! you do PVP you can Sell Stats that are Unique and needed from Pve players ... i think This 2 lines can make many to instantly join PvP zone after login and do only that! 8)

• Something I've always thought that would help this game was a healthy dose of pvp like an older game I used to play a long time ago. I think the pvp system could be adapted for RoM.

1. Individual Guild Points - Toons would have IGP ( individual guild points ) that they gain/lose in PVP. ( siege, AA, Arenas, etc )

2. IGP should be purchaseable using Tokens or Diamonds. ie 25 IGP for 25 dias or 1k tokens

3. IGP can be collected doing guild quests

4. Being killed in a PVP situation makes you lose 3 IGP, gold and possibility of a bp item or unlocked equipped piece of equipment.

5. Killing someone in a PVP situation grants you up to 3 IGP ( fewer if the target has less than 3 IGP ), gold and possibly an item from the target.

6. A PVP situation is defined as both toons ( killer and killed ) have at least 1 IGP at the beginning of the PVP instance.

7. Introduction of a new PVP zone that only toons with at least 1 IGP can enter

8. Friendlies in the new PVP zone are npc's, party members and guildies; everyone else is an enemy

9. Quests in the new zone give IGP as rewards

10. Mobs in the new zone are perma 200% xp/ 500% tp on kills

11. When a toon loses all of their IGP in the new PVP zone, they are transported out.

12. This next part requires a commitment from GF: The IGP leaderboard will showcase the top 100 PVP'ers in the game. Rewards should be given out weekly. ie: 1) 50 dias, 10 rubies 2) 25 dias, 5 rubies 3) 15 dias, 4-10) 5 dias, 100 tokens. Guilds with toons in the top 10 will also receive 100 tokens per active toon in the guild that week. ( logged in at least 7 days when the leaderboard is tallied )

To stay on the top of the board, people need to show up for PvP situations. The board should only show placement and names w/o the actual IGP of each person.

• nice ideas and all, but its never going to happen.

its either gonna be too bad so its dead content in a week (i.e. waste of dev time) or people gonna farm the heck out of it for the rewards, and wont be played how its intended to.

ps. we all know how balanced (pvp) classes are, so yeah, theres that too.

they can't even get their main content (inis) right, so i wouldnt get my hopes up for secondary content.

• they can't even get their main content (inis) right, so i wouldnt get my hopes up for secondary content.

And how you decided that "Inis" are main content? i think more peoples/guilds do SW/PvP daily then Inis/PVP ... check out how many guilds on your server make SW every day and how many do runs (vor+) .... Art to kill pixels/bits aka (1001010110) vs Art to outplay other players ...

Edited once, last by SheIsMyHeroin: miss click before finish it ().

• Arcanium Arena was a great idea although it had some bumps in the road that needed to be fixed. The main issue was that the stats were never updated. This caused the value of the arena to essentially have an expiration date. This could be fixed by simply increasing the stat values every or every other cap to maintain their viability; the name wouldn’t even have to change just literally increase the stat values.

Make Arcanium Arena to give "PVP currency" 1 coin for 1 player "killed" and 10-15 coins for "Crystal" destroyed

Replace "Arcanium Arena NPS" with "PvP merchants" ....

NPS 1. Trade "PVP currency" for all other ingame currencys (different valye of currencys ofc)

NPS 2. Selling gear (Pvp but with other stats name (stats change every lvl cap) items too

NPS.3 PvE gear :

Items are with good set bonus and give set bonus 5% dmg or so (make it better then craft set

Items are good for make swap gear and give "unique name" red stat (can be used together with Proof/ini red stats

Items are split in sets (pants belt hands cape) (upper helmet feet sholders) and

Accessory give Attack+crit or Healing+crit

NPS 4.

Exchange Dias 3-5 time a day* 25 PvP Coins for 3 or 5 dias :)

* depend from how many time you have for SW-s and pvp at all :)

FOR PvE players can be found other way/currency to exchange for dias

Example HoS bosses give 1 PvE coin ... IBP give 3-5 amount is under discusion or something like this

My ideas are:

Make ppl stop slack!

Bring back free Dias in game!

Stat that drop only in PVP that PvP players can trade on equile price to dungeon stats

• Exchange Dias 3-5 time a day* 25 PvP Coins for 3 or 5 dias :)

Make Arcanium Arena to give "PVP currency" 1 coin for 1 player "killed" and 10-15 coins for "Crystal" destroyed

Does not work this way. Otherwise I will make 10 Alts, play Arkanium arena wich each one and farm 90-250 dias a day ;)

And probably would make more than 10 Alts :D

Edit: I mean I would like it but GF won't

• Does not work this way. Otherwise I will make 10 Alts, play Arkanium arena wich each one and farm 90-250 dias a day ;)

I will be realy One of people happy thet someone will PLAY a lot in this pvp zones! Think not only AA have ot give this "PvP coins"!

10 chars x 50 kills is lot of time :) for me you will more than deserve 100-200 dias a day!

i hope Gameforge will protect PVP arenas/zones from exploiters!

"Log 3-4-5-10 chars and farm kills and wins" <-- this wont be fair coz if you are alone in one team with 1 person and his 4 alts! .... you will lose bad

I'm sure Gameforge can cut this way of exploit in a Needed long ago way "only one account in PvP zone from PC"

when you enter with second account/char in other or same PvP zone "first" LogOFF <3

its posible and not so hard to have 100% "exploit free PvP"

1. GM control and "serial progressive banana cake" :)

2. "Test zone" before enter PvP zone you meet "mob" have to kill it or (survive 30 sec) <- you are healer! you cant pass on 10 chars xD probably cant on even 3 XD

3. Not realy sure someone can

• 2. "Test zone" before enter PvP zone you meet "mob" have to kill it or (survive 30 sec) <- you are healer! you cant pass on 10 chars xD probably cant on even 3 XD

Oh, no problem, I'm sure players would find ways :D

10 chars x 50 kills is lot of time :) for me you will more than deserve 100-200 dias a day!

Ok, when shall I start? And when do you give me my dias? :P

• And how you decided that "Inis" are main content? i think more peoples/guilds do SW/PvP daily then Inis/PVP ... check out how many guilds on your server make SW every day and how many do runs (vor+) .... Art to kill pixels/bits aka (1001010110) vs Art to outplay other players ...

Yeah that´s pretty easy - check out for yourself

8 pm - maybe 40 (and this is much too high a value) doing sw (50/50 afk doesn´t count - they´re just there for badges not sw)

40 for serveral severs - so maybe there are ~5 active guilds doing sw on your server

Ok let´s assume it´s 20 for your server whole day

Now dungeons - 2 top guilds run 3-5 times a day --> 10, and then the 'rest' - every dungeon counts not just VOR+ because for sw you also count everything and not just fights from guilds with 5k+ points...

Exchange Dias 3-5 time a day* 25 PvP Coins for 3 or 5 dias :)

Bring back free Dias in game!

Stat that drop only in PVP that PvP players can trade on equile price to dungeon stats

Never ever give diamonds away fro free and especially not for PvP

If - then for clearing highest dungeon hard mode :P

But seriously - there´s an easy way to get diamonds back in game - auction house... it´s disabled temporarily(tm) anyway

And also serious - why should be pvp 'more lucrative' than any other aspect of the game? Especially when GF doesn´t have any interest in pvp since they took over? And also when pvp is just a very small part of this game?

• Never ever give diamonds away fro free and especially not for PvP

But seriously - there´s an easy way to get diamonds back in game - auction house... it´s disabled temporarily(tm) anyway

And also serious - why should be pvp 'more lucrative' than any other aspect of the game? Especially when GF doesn´t have any interest in pvp since they took over? And also when pvp is just a very small part of this game?

well for some pvp is runes of magic, atleast on out server its more people doing pvp then pve if you count vor and up.

• Never ever give diamonds away fro free and especially not for PvP

Not so sure how is on your Server .. but Vidar lack of Dias sellers! Can't buy any dias few days some times!

so Free dias are needed to fill the gap in game economy!

i never say: "Free dias from PvP only" ... but i lack of practice in PvE nowadays so i can't give good idea ... "What to do so you get some free dias by prove you do some PvE"! Feel free to give your opinion coz i can't be accurate :)

but i can try :) i think every dungeon cleaned give title :)

Its just idea! So if you haave this title you can do:

1. HoS title= 1 exchange!

2. Tosh or Bethomia title= 3 exchanges!

3. Groto title = 5 exchanges! (Vor+ is too much!)

Its just idea!

What PvE players will Exchange IDK ! 50 memento for 3-5 dias? 250 memento for 15-25 dias .... not so hard ?

Doable but not easy to exploit ... and still better than nothing!

• Well to be honest

i think GF will never ever give Dias away for free (just for farming something).

That´s why there is no score-for-more anymore and also no npc which gives dias for gold.

You need dias - feel free to buy some at

http://www.runesofmagic.com

I also like F2P but this game has lost it´s F2P a loooong time ago. And especially your courses...

If it would be 3-5 Dias available in 1 week (for 1 player not 1 character) - then maybe GF would say ok... But with your ideas you could easily farm hundreds of them - this would make paying completely pointless - they will never do this.

And one question - why is VOR too much? This dungeon can easily be done with craftinggear and some yellow stats from open world and merrits... The only dungeon which is a little (but really only a little) challenging would be IBP - But even this one....

• Classbalancing is needed to bring a fresh breath into the PvP.

And the superfoods, dumplings or w/e, make it avalible for everyone or prevent them from being used in SW/arenas.

What I would like to see is some way to disable combat engines in Siegewars, it would push people to learn to play their chars instead of borrowing a friends diyce-script or whatever and also let everyone go at it on the same terms.

As for afkrs or what ever, perhaps an implementation that kicks players who afk more than 10min out of the war/arena.