Gameforge launcher: why does it need to be run on account with administrator privileges in order to update?

• As the title says. When I try to run it on normal user account it shows error "User account needs to have administrator privileges in order to install this application" (original error is in polish)

When I try to run it using "run as administrator" option it shows me "access denied" error (original error in polish)

But when I uninstalled Gameforge Launcher and installed it again (even without "run as administrator" option - just user account control prompt popped out during installation and asked if I allow this program to make changed on my computer and asked about administrator account password), it worked just fine without running it on account with administrator privileges.

My system is Windows 7 (64-bit).

Is this situation as it should be or maybe someone messed when programming Gameforge Launcher?

• Do not use unsupported operating systems, for your security and game experience.

Do not play GF client.

And try move to Steam your account, this is best way to launch game, no errors.

• Do not use unsupported operating systems, for your security and game experience.

That's not an answer I was looking for. Yes, I know that win7 is EOL. Yes, I accept security issues. Game experience? Especially with older games that are not compatibile with windows 10.

Do not play GF client.

And try move to Steam your account, this is best way to launch game, no errors.

Still not an answer I was looking for. FYI: I use old autologin with "NoCheckVersion" option (I didn't migrate my game accounts to gameforge account) and use gameforge launcher only for updating the game.

PS. My question was addressed to Runes of Magic Team, not to other players, as only Runes of Magic Team has a way to communicate with developers.

• The Runes of Magic Team doesn't support custom setups of your client. That being said we will be unable to assist.

• Sarkas

Closed the thread.