New server for the Steam release?

• And why should it be usefull if anybody could go to the new servers?

What would happen if there would be - let´s say 20 players lvl 100, every crafting lvl 100, every pet/draco/... and top gear?

You want to show the new ones "Hey look how cool i am - i´m playing since XY and now please pay me for leveling/answering questions/crafting your first equip and then farming your second,...."

If this was possible then there would be nio need for a new server....

• So question.When the Steam servers are live can we do a char transfer from a normal server to teh steam one without downloading the game on steam etc?

Right now, there are no character transfers planned.

You can create a new character on the new servers through the normal GF Client - redownloading it through steam is not necessary.

But the new servers arent live yet :( and they keep saying july but still nothing and i realy want to play now thats why :P

Don't you know GF? If they say July its probably August, if you're lucky ;)

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• So question.When the Steam servers are live can we do a char transfer from a normal server to teh steam one without downloading the game on steam etc?

Right now, there are no character transfers planned.

You can create a new character on the new servers through the normal GF Client - redownloading it through steam is not necessary.

But the new servers arent live yet :( and they keep saying july but still nothing and i realy want to play now thats why :P

Don't you know GF? If they say July its probably August, if you're lucky ;)

You forgot to mention the year.

But jokes aside. It's like in the past when it was announced when a maintenance was *supposedly* ending and oftentimes an extra hour+ was added because the estimation was, well yannow, not as correctly as anticipated.

July was the planned date and obviously it's impossibru to estimate a new date, otherwise we all would already know about it :)

• It just depends on what you want to do, if you are playing a DD in a dungeon and want to time your burst correctly, you might have to do some calculations ;)

I'm from Canada and I played on EU servers (not primarily but to help out on occasion) and I had no issues topping their scuts (with worse gear) as well as doing mechanics. Ping in RoM doesn't make the game unplayable (esp cuz its tab targeting). You can do top DPS and do mechs with 200 ping lol. Especially since RoM strats haven't been complicated for years now.

A bunch of us NA players also sieged on the EU side and did completely fine. You don't need 10 ping to do well.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

Edited once, last by Yeezy ().

• Ahah true :P i still find it so BS/Teasing that they already said the game is released on steam when its not :P

• I hope they do manage to release some new content before and change the running event because there´s no benefit in letting all the actual players wait and wait and wait even longer.

To new players on new servers it doesn´t play any role, since they won´t be ready for a new dungeon in a few weeks - so it´s the same for them if a new dungeon (and zone) is there or not...

• No one said it IS released- only that it WILL BE. Calm down- We still have 15 days in july. On Aug1, if it isn't up, then you can cry.

Some peoples' children!!

No Roms is on the New released page of steam so.

• I hope they do manage to release some new content before and change the running event because there´s no benefit in letting all the actual players wait and wait and wait even longer.

To new players on new servers it doesn´t play any role, since they won´t be ready for a new dungeon in a few weeks - so it´s the same for them if a new dungeon (and zone) is there or not...

Please keep in mind- The new content is managed by Runewaker, The new Steam server is managed by Gameforge. The resources spent on one have no impact on the other. Personally, I think if the next zone works more smoothly(including the instance) that the last couple zones on release, it is worth the wait.

• Please keep in mind- The new content is managed by Runewaker,

Yes - and i hope they´re doing this for 6 months right now - because what else are they doing? No bugfixes, no changes in siege war,....

Personally, I think if the next zone works more smoothly(including the instance) that the last couple zones on release, it is worth the wait.

To my mind a new zone or dungeon should work properly before releasing it. Something like suntemple should never ever happen in an online game. And nobody can convince me if he´d say that nobody realised while testing, that no mob inside was elite....

So yes - if everything is working, nearly no bugs or just small ones - it is definitely worth waiting for.

But as mentioned above - i hope they´re working on it since months...

And still one thing is for sure

a new server or steam-release doesn´t help any player who is playing this game right now (except he/she want to go find some rookies to get cheap diamonds since they´re not serverbound). But these players are the ones who love this game - which are playing for years - and not the ones who might say "ah... to many bugs/krits - no balancing, what still siege-beta...." in 2 months and possibly leave again...

So - yeah

• Just some questions for those who would prefer a "global" server:

How would you expect a GM-event with people from timezones which differ that much?

In .us, we have 4 time zones just in the main continent, and many others represented. We manage. Sadly not all events work for all people, but that's life.

• In .us, we have 4 time zones just in the main continent, and many others represented. We manage. Sadly not all events work for all people, but that's life.

4 time zones which are directly beneath each other...

Let´s say some german GM´s would run an event at 7 pm CET (which is a pretty good time) - then it would be 10 am for players in Los Angeles or Vancouver while it would be 2 am (of the next day) in Shanghai or Peking... this can never fit for anybody...

But still - this is not relevant since there will be no global servers...

• I don't think having a cap on the content that players will be allowed to access will affect much. As mentioned before, not many people from other servers would abandon the characters they've worked on for so long just to be the strongest on the new servers. I play on Aeternia but I'll definitely check the new server out. Even so, I won't rush to level cap since I'm mostly excited to play through the older content with more people around.

One downside to not having a cap is that new players might not want to do old instances- especially when you can just keep on questing to the next area instead. We'll just have to see what happens there since there will be no content changes.

Anyways, I'm very excited for the potential of this new release. Can't wait to see it come out.

Signature coming soon. Maybe.

• I don't think having a cap on the content that players will be allowed to access will affect much. As mentioned before, not many people from other servers would abandon the characters they've worked on for so long just to be the strongest on the new servers. I play on Aeternia but I'll definitely check the new server out. Even so, I won't rush to level cap since I'm mostly excited to play through the older content with more people around.

reducing the cap and allowing the game to progress through the old content once again allows them to fix mistakes they made along the way, instead of releasing the same content with the same problems. Also as you said, people won't want to play the SAME content over again on a new server, losing all the progress they made on their current server. Reducing the cap essentially would make it a new release type thing, providing some sort of incentive.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• reducing the cap and allowing the game to progress through the old content once again allows them to fix mistakes they made along the way, instead of releasing the same content with the same problems.

It would be rather optimistic to think that they would fix old content for this new server, but I won't say it's impossible.

Also as you said, people won't want to play the SAME content over again on a new server, losing all the progress they made on their current server. Reducing the cap essentially would make it a new release type thing, providing some sort of incentive.

I mostly mentioned that because it was said that people from older servers would go over just to be the strongest in this new one and I assume the cap was suggested to prevent this from being too much of a problem or allow new players to be familiar with everything (which I mentioned)

One downside to not having a cap is that new players might not want to do old instances- especially when you can just keep on questing to the next area instead

The way I see it, the ones who will cross over won't rush to level cap and instead enjoy the older content. This new release will hopefully appeal to new and returning players, so if someone experienced were to get to level 100 within the first few months there would be barely any end game players and there would be nothing for them to do except things like minigames and Mirrorworld.

Signature coming soon. Maybe.

• Now the EP event would have been a great opportunity for starting the new Server. As a returning player I want to get to lvl 50 as fast as possible, so this would make the start a bit quicker. However, since it is not anounced yet, we will very likely have to wait longer. Come on gameforge, don't waste my returning player hype and start the server already before I remember the many reasons I had to quit years ago ;)

I definitely like the fact a new server will be opened with the steam release. It lets me hope to find other players who want to experience the vast amount of instances available in RoM, not only the last few. Also, a lot of players will probably give the game a try. Even though 90% of them will quit fast, at least some will stay with the game.

• The way I see it, the ones who will cross over won't rush to level cap and instead enjoy the older content.

There was once a new German Server "Dochas". After a few days there were players from the other servers trying to rush through the contant ASAP and get all the serverfirsts etc. I think they made a guild full of people who played in the big guilds on other servers, not allowing any newcomers.

Edit: The guild(s) (and the server) died pretty quickly.

But I don't think that harms the server much. It's not like they would destroy the game for the others, just basically the same as if they were not there.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Biggest Problem of Dochas was the fact that this was the time of a huge exploit where people could create perfect gear from virtually nothing, sabotaging the progress of the new server. Still, the server was quite nice in many regards.