New server for the Steam release?

• Just a thought here- US accounts cannot log into European servers and vice versa. There was a reason at one time but I think that it is probably a long gone thing. I would like to see all accounts being able to log in THROUGH Steam onto the new steam server. Not necessarily to play the existing toons, but new toons on that server without setting up another account/username/password.

yeah. some truth to that, made 3 accounts (EN) trying to login to (US) before realizing was making European ROM accounts and not USA ROM accounts..

figured it out after few trys. lol

• Tam_Cry, we have no server merge plans for now. We will inform you if we will have anything planned.

more time you guys wait more players ROm lose,play for beta and you have to quit because server is empty,Sad X(

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• CM_Celes // Celes on Steam :

"We are still aiming for the July, also with the new servers release :)"

So, we get definitely more than 1 new Server.

1 US , 1 EU confirmed ? idk xD

• I saw somewhere that we can log into steam now and put RoM on a wish list of some sort. I couldn't figure that out. Am I missing something or misunderstanding some previous post?

PS- It is good to see so much forum activity on one subject.

• I would prefer that these servers not be considered US and EU. When I log into Vidar I see no noticeable lag or latency. I think a global server would be nice.

• I saw somewhere that we can log into steam now and put RoM on a wish list of some sort. I couldn't figure that out. Am I missing something or misunderstanding some previous post?

PS- It is good to see so much forum activity on one subject.

Go to "Shop" on Steam , search for "Runes of Magic" and click on it.

Runes of Magic Store Page will show up , under the Pictures there is a Button called "Add to Wishlist" or something like that. You can follow this Game too if you want to get News on Steam Overlay. :)

• As long as we can get our diamonds & rubies moved over from our main accounts, I'd be willing to start over fresh on a brand new global server.

As long as you have slots left on your main account... oh, wait, thats right. Diamonds are only usable by the Account they were purchased on and the server they were purchased for. I see no reason to transfer diamonds/rubies to a new server. The playing field will be even.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Just some questions for those who would prefer a "global" server:

How would you expect a GM-event with people from timezones which differ that much?

How would you expect a release of new content...

Which language should the GMs use?

I think steam is available i nearly every country over the world - who would know from where the most players would be? Would it be US? Would it be China or Korea? Would it be Germany? Or maybe France?

Edited once, last by kako88 ().

• if for some strange reason they did have a global server kako is correct there would be much qq over the time of any gm event.

and to address something else , when i play on eu server my ping is usually 125 which is very playable. on us server i get anywhere from 60 - 90.

i am playing from Canada.

16121790748pm_b56j2.jpeg

• Hi!

There is no possibility to have one "global" server (at least at this moment, but it would required a lot of changes in systems), because US and EU regions are separated (databases, accounts, systems ect.).

Also please note, that Gameforge do not own world-wide licence for RoM (for example Taiwan is under Runewaker ect.), so still it wouldn't be "true global" server.

How would you expect a release of new content...

Which language should the GMs use?

Ad. 1 same as normal I guess :D

Ad. 2 if it would be "global" when it would use common international language = English ;)

Also you may say EU-EN is in fact "international" server, not only UK, as players from other countries (for which we do not offer localized game client) are playing there too in English.

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• Ad. 1 same as normal I guess :D

Ad. 2 if it would be "global" when it would use common international language = English ;)

1 - no for a "global" server this would mean that, e.g. the us players would get their patch at 10 a.m. while the players in Europe would have it at 4 p.m.

Therefore (and for a lot of people this is a very important part) some players could start earlier with a new dungeon to clear it "server-first" while others are still at work...

Don´t know if somebody can understand, if he/she is not playing high-end...

2 - no, why should it be english when, e.g. 90% of the server population would be chinese and speak mandarin?

(substitute nationality/language as you please - its just an example)

But since "global" servers won´t exist (as Celes wrote) - these questions doesn´t even play any role...

But still one question to you Celes:

What exactly are the differences between US and EU? Do they have other items? Other prices in the shop? Do they get some stuff earlier/later/at all which the other ones don´t get?

• What exactly are the differences between US and EU? Do they have other items? Other prices in the shop? Do they get some stuff earlier/later/at all which the other ones don´t get?

• Both regions have same offers / items / game features, neither EU nor US have different content (we patch both regions at the same time - Berlin time, so of course for US it's different time zone).
    • Currency in the Shop is related to the country you are playing from, so US players buy in USD, Polish in PLN, German in EUR ect., tariff pricing may be related to current currency exchange rates.

no for a "global" server this would mean that, e.g. the us players would get their patch at 10 a.m. while the players in Europe would have it at 4 p.m.

Therefore (and for a lot of people this is a very important part) some players could start earlier with a new dungeon to clear it "server-first" while others are still at work...

Don´t know if somebody can understand, if he/she is not playing high-end...

Yes, I understand that you mean:

that we end maintenance for example at 2:00 PM CEST time, so for US it's different time zone, so EU players would already have afternoon/evening to play, while US players (and let's not start about AU players <3) would still be at work/school. ect. But currently, we don't have possibility to perform two separated maintenances.

tumblr_p2yqqdl1UT1r6d0kro2_r1_500.jpg

• I know of at least ONE difference. EU servers have the Walpurgisnacht festival, US servers do not. So, there is at least ONE difference. I do not know if there are others, and do not know if that festival is still observed, just that it was, at least once.

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

• I know of at least ONE difference. EU servers have the Walpurgisnacht festival, US servers do not. So, there is at least ONE difference. I do not know if there are others, and do not know if that festival is still observed, just that it was, at least once.

playing on DE-Server

never heard of this event .... :/

• So, US and EUropean accounts cannot play on Chinese or Korean servers, but I would think that All Gameforge accounts should be playable on all Gamforge servers. Databases, I get. That seems to be the big hindrance. If we can merge servers, which involves database info transfering, then with a little effort, all GF accounts could be stored on the same (really big) database. Ya- I know, I am probably over-simplifying it, but Still, it should be do-able.

playing on DE-Server

never heard of this event .... :/

Here is the Broom that comes from it. Witch Broom. There were two more mounts, the Rune Disk and a Donkey.

And here is the festival. Walpurgisnacht