New server for the Steam release?

• Uebe I suggested the same in the thread but still no feedback or answer from Gameforge...

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• Ok , so now we´ll have to wait..

Maybe there is an Announcement about it soon when Steam Release is happening.

• Progression Servers are definitely the way to go, but I am not sure they have time to make it happen, and without it the handful of old, power players that start new toons on this new server will rule there for the forseeable future.

I can guarantee if they do any sort of a decent job at a new progression server, MANY people who quit would give it another try. Too bad there's such a slim chance of them doing it cuz the right choice never seems to be the one implemented.

Excuse me people- can you back up to Polog's post just prior to yours? It was announced right there that they are making the necessary preparations to do so.

• Just a thought here- US accounts cannot log into European servers and vice versa. There was a reason at one time but I think that it is probably a long gone thing. I would like to see all accounts being able to log in THROUGH Steam onto the new steam server. Not necessarily to play the existing toons, but new toons on that server without setting up another account/username/password.

• Just a thought here- US accounts cannot log into European servers and vice versa. There was a reason at one time but I think that it is probably a long gone thing. I would like to see all accounts being able to log in THROUGH Steam onto the new steam server. Not necessarily to play the existing toons, but new toons on that server without setting up another account/username/password.

I think there will be 2 new Servers for Steam Release , 1 for EU and 1 for US.

Or like i mentioned above :

or ( and that would be awesome , but i dont think its happening )

Runes of Magic Global ( 1 US Server , 1 EU Server )

• Excuse me people- can you back up to Polog's post just prior to yours? It was announced right there that they are making the necessary preparations to do so.

you clearly do not understand that "new servers" do not necessarily mean progression servers, and other GMs have stated that as of now they plan on them having the exact same content.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• i think i will try out the new server when it comes up.

as for progression server........rofl

i doubt this will happen as it is far easier to just have new server be the same content and lvl cap.

and as for fixing content. have you forgotten that ruinwanker is the developer and gameforge is just the publisher? meaning gameforge does not do the programming required to actually fix broken content.

:/

16121790748pm_b56j2.jpeg

• have you forgotten that ruinwanker is the developer and gameforge is just the publisher? meaning gameforge does not do the programming required to actually fix broken content.

I don't know where anyone said otherwise? but regardless, fixing the game as a whole would take the publisher and developers work, I don't know what world you live in to think that RoM will make any sort of come back without their collective efforts.

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

• i have been playing since ch3 release and gms have said many times the difference between devs and publishers.

and i dont recall saying anywhere anything regarding a comeback.

i would have rather had the steam release a few years ago . maybe it will get more players maybe it wont.

i am just looking forward to a new server with nothing in the auction house and nothing cleared.

i think it will be fun to progress up to cap on a fresh server.

16121790748pm_b56j2.jpeg

• i think it will be fun to progress up to cap on a fresh server.

I would love to progress on a fresh server, with limits. I feel that since the cap is still the same as current RoM, people are just gonna get to cap, P2W for stuff, run the top few dungeons until they can be the same endgame they were on the other server and to me that is just stupid.

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

I would love to progress on a fresh server, with limits. I feel that since the cap is still the same as current RoM, people are just gonna get to cap, P2W for stuff, run the top few dungeons until they can be the same endgame they were on the other server and to me that is just stupid.

and so what , there will be always people who will do that ^^

We´ll see what happens :)

and so what , there will be always people who will do that ^^

We´ll see what happens :)

Yea, there will always be people that rush to end-game content and/or pay-to-win as much as they can - there's not a lot you can do about it.

However, I don't see why it's a problem, that's their choice - I'm looking forward to playing on the new server so I can enjoy leveling up and running dungeons, generally have fun with the leveling content.

Because, as everyone will be leveling - it should be easier to find groups for low and mid-level content - whereas playing on current servers, the population is very top-heavy and end-game focused.

I fully understand peoples criticisms and wanting old servers merged, things fixed and/or skepticism about the prospects of these new servers - but personally, I'm excited and I'm optimistic - worst case scenario, if the population dwindles after 6 months (or however long) they'll just have to merge them into the old ones - either way, it'll be fun while it lasts.

and I still think the best way to get returning players and new players into the game is a new server.

• Hi all!

I would like to clarify one thing; new server means: newly opened server but same as current servers. Content of the server and the settings won`t be any different then current servers.

• Hi all!

I would like to clarify one thing; new server means: newly opened server but same as current servers. Content of the server and the settings won`t be any different then current servers.

Thanks for clarifying.

That's what I was expecting and doesn't dull my excitement to play on a new server :)

Apologies for asking again, but - is there an ETA for the Steam launch/new servers yet? :P

• Apologies for asking again, but - is there an ETA for the Steam launch/new servers yet? :P

Asking Gameforge for ETAs? You might as well use a dice ;)

Offensichtlich hat der Starttermin 2. Juli nicht gestimmt. Das war vermutlich ein Missverständnis seitens Steam/Valve. Lange dauern wird es aber auf jeden Fall nicht mehr. Sofern nichts mehr dazwischenkommt, werden wir uns von dieser (mittlerweile überholten) Angabe nicht allzu weit entfernen.

Obviously, the start date of July 2 was not correct. This was probably a misunderstanding on the part of Steam/Valve. But it won't be long now. If nothing more comes between us, we will not move too far away from this (meanwhile outdated) statement.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Apologies for asking again, but - is there an ETA for the Steam launch/new servers yet? :P

Asking Gameforge for ETAs? You might as well use a dice ;)

Offensichtlich hat der Starttermin 2. Juli nicht gestimmt. Das war vermutlich ein Missverständnis seitens Steam/Valve. Lange dauern wird es aber auf jeden Fall nicht mehr. Sofern nichts mehr dazwischenkommt, werden wir uns von dieser (mittlerweile überholten) Angabe nicht allzu weit entfernen.

Obviously, the start date of July 2 was not correct. This was probably a misunderstanding on the part of Steam/Valve. But it won't be long now. If nothing more comes between us, we will not move too far away from this (meanwhile outdated) statement.

lol and they're probably sick of me asking, but I'm excited :P

Thanks for the translation though, sounds like it shouldn't be far off in any case.

• We do have our internal release date, but we are not yet able to share it officially with you as some preparations are in progress and may take some time. As you could understand, team wants to go with the release once we are sure the Steam release will be as smooth as possible. Lets cross fingers and wait for STEAM release hopefully in JULY ;)

• And you are going to merge the old ones? Cause we have been asking for that a long time. I mean, good for the new players if you actually believe there will be some, but the old ones would like to keep playing their chars in a populated server too.

Crycry R/M/Wd/W/S/D

Grümpy Wl/Ch/M/P/R/W

Just an old and humble legend :)