New server for the Steam release?

• Yea, as much as I would like a progression server - I think that would be great. I don't see it happening, I think the amount of work and time needed to get that done may be beyond what they're willing to do - considering the Steam release was apparently going to be launched as-is, without even having new servers.

I'm glad they're launching on Steam and I'm happy to be getting new servers, but I'm not expecting anything else beyond that.

It is possible, within the timeframe, to simply cap the player level at 50, then slowly raise it over time, but everything would still be there, such as CoO/Xaviera. Still, it would be "something".

True, I hadn't thought about simply lowering the level-cap and leaving the rest of the content in - that's not a bad idea, I wonder if they've thought about doing something like this?

Well, you still have the problem with the stats you get from minigames and honor points giving you OP stats for a level 50 game (making it maybe boring because you can burst everything? idk), so they would have to disable those too. And the proof of the mythos tokens later on as well.
    Edit: And the stats you can get from mementos and the other (red) currency I forgot, in the higher zones (Lv67) that still would be accessible.

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• It should not be all that hard to simply block certain zones/minigames/NPCs so that you cannot access the better stats?

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• And yes lady a servermove option or a new merge plan would be prio one.

well if english server is almost dead imagine spanish or french they didnt merge :thumbdown:

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• im actually quite curious and super hyped since the news of the "relaunch" reached me yesterday .. :o

-dead-

-Urinstinkt on Smacht

-Whocares on Dochas

• im actually quite curious and super hyped since the news of the "relaunch" reached me yesterday .. :o

"relaunch" omegalul, as of now they've made it seem like they're literally going to reopen a new server for the "new players" with the same problems and no ones gonna have their toon anymore.. idk who is going want to lose all their stuff just to play the same game over again with no resources.

maybe the 0.000001% chance of them actually making this a progression/fresh start server would happen but don't hold your breath

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• Well, actually , my hopes arent high tbh

but STILL im hyped

at 2nd thought and since i accompanied the game for many years (up to lvl98 i think) and i wouldnt recommend the game with maxlvl to no new player .. esp. not on a new server

it's simply so much to buy/farm/grind to reach maxlvl (not to talk about iniready gear ..)

if gameforge actually makes a progression server, it would be the way to go ..

starting with lvl 50/55 would be the best they could do with the steamlaunch (it even was the best time in the game )

its to much to ask of a new player to grind to maxlvl without a gear .. getting the pet, the cenedril and all other companions rdy ..

-dead-

-Urinstinkt on Smacht

-Whocares on Dochas

• its what most people are saying, a new server wont work, would take to much time to start from nothing. For example sw titles who most people forget try to do progress without them in higher end inis. Lets say you get 200 People on the new server (i dont think it will be even 100 but lets say that) after one or two month its half already when people understand how much effort it is to start from nothing it will be a dead server really fast.

• Cannot say how much I disagree with you. A new server, even if it is not a progression server, is better than nothing, but even if there were NO new server, Aeterna would welcome that 100 new players with open arms and open guild vaults. Imagine all the new runs of the older content to gear them up as they grow?!

This community is awesome and I know very few MMORPG communities like it.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• A new server brings the existing servers absolutely nothing.

Might be even worse in future if all support is just focused on the new.

Yes it is fully up to me to start fresh but who in their right mind would start again with the hard work it is to get where you are now.

We are just a handful left on our server, ofc it is due to summer but also some will not return and the need of a merge is real.

SoVvjsU.png

• Yet again gameforge show how out of touch they are with their community. The players will be spread even more thin over even more servers. This server will be dead within six months and merged.

• Wouldn't be *that* sure about it - the same pattern of opening new servers with a late Steam release did work quite well for some of the other GF games that went through the same process in recent past - if user influx from Steam will be lasting for the new servers to justfiy their un-merged existence long-term remains to be seen, but that's not different from other games either.

It would IMHO be beyond stupid to expand to Steam and ONLY have the existing servers as an option while expecting somewhat of an influx of new or returning players.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• new server or more money to spend?no thx:thumbdown:

Taxi

R/M R/WRD

S/WRD S/R

MERGE SERVERS...Ibergard in EU<3

Retired from Game,game become p2w

• Wouldn't be *that* sure about it - the same pattern of opening new servers with a late Steam release did work quite well for some of the other GF games that went through the same process in recent past - if user influx from Steam will be lasting for the new servers to justfiy their un-merged existence long-term remains to be seen, but that's not different from other games either.

It would IMHO be beyond stupid to expand to Steam and ONLY have the existing servers as an option while expecting somewhat of an influx of new or returning players.

Would be if it was done 3-4 years go maybe but now not so much. but hey you dont listen to what ever we say :)

• If they would add Diamonds Trading on Auction House again , i would play this Game again..

But now all possibilitys to gain diamonds are removed , so its only a P2W Fest ...

I don't think anyone (who knows what they're talking about at all) is arguing with the new server part, but the problem is releasing the exact same server in a game with so many issues isn't going to work. The current business model of RoM is absolutely ridiculous and beyond unfriendly to newer players, and despite that, the game once had a decent community that stuck past that. These problems were the reason player retention was really low, although you could still promote and implement ideas that appeal to current/possibly returning players, and hope to get new players along the way through the steam release (any game that's not dead will probably attract some people). Unless you guys are going to work with runewaker to completely remodel the game, no player in their right mind is going to go to a new server where it will be impossible to progress without spending money (due to a lack of preexisting resources and the current RoM being so far ahead of what it was from initial release) just to play the same content. A progression server, aka reducing the level cap back to 50 or 55, allows you guys to have an opportunity to fix so much about this game as it goes on, and that would be something actually worth restarting for, as opposed to just playing the EXACT same game on a different server. People who started RoM late would get to experience the early endgame content (which was a lot more challenging and fun than current RoM endgame), everyone would have a fair start without anyone P2W'ing their way past everyone to a point where you can't even catch up, and problems could be fixed along the way!

No matter what angle you look at it from, in the game's current state, a progression server would be it's only salvation. I've talked to so many players who quit RoM and essentially all of them would give a progression server another shot, but there's no point in restarting a game to play the same content. It's simply pointless, and a waste of time.

If any GM (or I guess previous GM) knows this I'm sure you are definitely the one Saito, It's doubtful that simply releasing the game on Steam is going to bring it back to what it use to be. Sad to see a game with so much potential go to sh**.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• I suppose no... no one from Gameforge put any feedback in this --> Servers Merge or Move char option

or talk about any future merge plan, seems no one is interested anymore to old server sadly... All just talk about new server (who probably will be died in 6 months like is happened in Midir)

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3