New server for the Steam release?

• I'm wondering if the folks at Gameforge have decided on whether to open a new server for the Steam launch, I've asked this question a couple of other times on the Steam forums and FB - generally getting a "we'll announce it when we have news" response - which is fine.

but the reason I'm bringing it up, again - is 'cos ever since the Steam announcement I've had a real hankering to play RoM again and basically, if a new server isn't on the table - I'd happily start playing right now on one of the current servers.

So, any news about this?

(also worth asking, again - I suppose, any ETA for the Steam launch? As far as I'm aware, it'll be sometime this month.)

Thanks.

• Hello f2peleri18!

Thank you for asking! We have evaluated the possibility of new servers for the Steam release and we also came to conclusion that they would be indeed a nice opportunity for the new

and returning players to enjoy RoM. Therefore we are making necessary preparations and if you wish to start on new server, we recommend you to stay tuned for the Steam release.! :)

• That's fantastic news :) looking forward to the Steam release and playing RoM again.

• One new server for a handful people:thumbdown: It will be like the other new server you started, maybe focus on the servers you have first.

I agree and I even made one suggestion about it here Servers Merge or Move char option but seems ppl arent interested anymore to old servers and they prefer let them going to die.

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• I dunno, if you look on the Steam forums, Facebook comments etc. There seem to be plenty of people excited about the idea of a new server, a fair amount of people have also expressed they would only be interested in returning to the game if there was one - so this is welcome news to a lot of us.

I mean, you may be right, it may not work - but I'd rather be optimistic about it and I'm looking forward to it.

• I dunno, if you look on the Steam forums, Facebook comments etc. There seem to be plenty of people excited about the idea of a new server, a fair amount of people have also expressed they would only be interested in returning to the game if there was one - so this is welcome news to a lot of us.

I mean, you may be right, it may not work - but I'd rather be optimistic about it and I'm looking forward to it.

what is plenty for you 10-15? you need alot of ppl for a new server to stay alive, and most new ppl quit after a few days/weeks.

what is plenty for you 10-15? you need alot of ppl for a new server to stay alive, and most new ppl quit after a few days/weeks.

Yea, I understand what you're saying.

and you're right. I'd say I've seen maybe 20-25 people expressing interest - but the thing to remember is, the people that will actually comment or partake in forum discussion is really low - compared to those who browse.

I feel like once it's up on Steam on the new releases page and word gets around via MMO sites etc, there could be enough interest to make it worthwhile.

Longevity though? Well, again I see what you're saying - that's a tough one.

In any case, like I said - I'm excited for this and I'd rather look at it optimistically.

• I already saw what is happened on Midir server years ago, when it opened we was a lot, after 6 month we was active in 30 ppl and not eough ppl online at same time geared to runs nothing, even goh.

ladyalyssa

w/m - m/w - k/m

If you can dream it, you can do it (W.Disney)
    "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you arent." M. Thatcher

Semper Fidelis Midir <3

• No new server

- "new steam players" for 3 weeks until they realize that they´ll need at least 1 year (of a lot of gaming) to catch up

New Steam server

- "old players" go and troll / look for new dia-sellers

- "new steam players" play 3 weeks until they realize that there are a few who allready know everything and control now the whole economy

- "new players" who hold out longer realize with the first new content patch, that the old servers clear after 1-2h while they´re still leveling their crafting..

To be honest - steam is a nice thing, but in this case it´s at least 5 years late.

And right now - after over half a year lvl 100 and one of the easiest dungeons ever - GF should focus on new content/dungeon first so that they don´t loose more of the old players too because of boredom...

And also - new content with a steam-release 1 week later would mean less trolls on the new server because they´re busy and not bored as fu.. like right now...

• I hope there will be a new Server for Newbies or Returning Players.

I was really suprised about the Steam Release, i want to play on a new Server with new People to hang out and have fun with.

Cmon Steam Release , hurry up xD

• Thank you for asking! We have evaluated the possibility of new servers for the Steam release and we also came to conclusion that they would be indeed a nice opportunity for the new

and returning players to enjoy RoM. Therefore we are making necessary preparations and if you wish to start on new server, we recommend you to stay tuned for the Steam release.! :)

get them to push level cap back to 55 and fix problems the original server had as the game progresses or its pointless in making a new server.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• I hope there will be a new Server for Newbies or Returning Players.

I was really suprised about the Steam Release, i want to play on a new Server with new People to hang out and have fun with.

Cmon Steam Release , hurry up xD

They've pretty much confirmed there will be new servers for the Steam launch - now we just need to wait and find out when the release will be.

Thank you for asking! We have evaluated the possibility of new servers for the Steam release and we also came to conclusion that they would be indeed a nice opportunity for the new

get them to push level cap back to 55 and fix problems the original server had as the game progresses or its pointless in making a new server.

I think it would be cool if they did that, like what other MMOs have done - progression servers I think they're called, generally.

I'm not sure how likely that is though, so I wouldn't expect it.

• Progression Servers are definitely the way to go, but I am not sure they have time to make it happen, and without it the handful of old, power players that start new toons on this new server will rule there for the forseeable future.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• Progression Servers are definitely the way to go, but I am not sure they have time to make it happen, and without it the handful of old, power players that start new toons on this new server will rule there for the forseeable future.

I can guarantee if they do any sort of a decent job at a new progression server, MANY people who quit would give it another try. Too bad there's such a slim chance of them doing it cuz the right choice never seems to be the one implemented.

Yungyeezus/Roxzincrazy/Princewarden

PPK/VVV/Easycompany

How do i control to hide jears?

• Yea, as much as I would like a progression server - I think that would be great. I don't see it happening, I think the amount of work and time needed to get that done may be beyond what they're willing to do - considering the Steam release was apparently going to be launched as-is, without even having new servers.

I'm glad they're launching on Steam and I'm happy to be getting new servers, but I'm not expecting anything else beyond that.

• Yea, as much as I would like a progression server - I think that would be great. I don't see it happening, I think the amount of work and time needed to get that done may be beyond what they're willing to do - considering the Steam release was apparently going to be launched as-is, without even having new servers.

I'm glad they're launching on Steam and I'm happy to be getting new servers, but I'm not expecting anything else beyond that.

It is possible, within the timeframe, to simply cap the player level at 50, then slowly raise it over time, but everything would still be there, such as CoO/Xaviera. Still, it would be "something".

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

It is possible, within the timeframe, to simply cap the player level at 50, then slowly raise it over time, but everything would still be there, such as CoO/Xaviera. Still, it would be "something".

True, I hadn't thought about simply lowering the level-cap and leaving the rest of the content in - that's not a bad idea, I wonder if they've thought about doing something like this?