Non-standard class combos

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • So I was thinking about something last night. I know how this game has certain classes locked behind certain races (warden and druid for elf, knight for human, champion & warlock for dwarf). What really got me to wondering is if they allowed any race to be any class, how would they stack up to the meta class combos of the current state of the game? Meaning Druid/Warden is the go-to healer for the game but what if you could be Priest/Druid? Would that be a better combo? When making your decision you need to base your decision off of the current elite skills of the class vs no elite skills for the non-standard class combos since we don't know what the new elite skills would be. So that would mean does the elite skills of Druid/Warden beat out the versatility & extra healing spells that a Priest/Druid would provide?

Curious about your thoughts on this issue....

• Tbh it depends on the direction the elites would take. For example Ch/Wl completely changes champ class, w/m completely changes warrior class and so on...

But just for fun,

Wd/K (and in fact any knight subclass) could be super tanky if it had an elite that could let it use shields - Shield of Discipline is one of the best skills in the game for tanks. But I still think Wd/W would be better because it has really nice elites.

K/Wl might be fun, could be quite similar to K/M which is very good. But instead of light damage it could be based around dark dmg.

• You must forget non-meta classes.

For example Warrior/Druid,

This is useless. Rework or buffs, who cares?

Take Rogue/Mage and play game. Basic, strong, no counterplay.....

You really want strange classes. Priest/Druid ?? Warden/Knight ??

Please wait, zurhidon community works.

Oracle and Shift classes. Maybe Adharcach, do you know?

• Personally I have found one of the best solo classes that is rarely seen or played is S/P.

Very good dmg, very little downtime and Vamp Arrow gives you a heal over time so you don't have to stop fighting.

Plus Holy Aura is a lifesaver in tough spots.

• Personally I have found one of the best solo classes that is rarely seen or played is S/P.

Very good dmg, very little downtime and Vamp Arrow gives you a heal over time so you don't have to stop fighting.

Plus Holy Aura is a lifesaver in tough spots.

Scout/priest is mid tier while s/wrd is top tier solo class