Limit the number of proofs a character can gain in a week

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • A suggestion:

Limit the number of proofs a character can gain in a week

Why:

While it's really awesome if someone can solo a World Boss, it ain't that awesome anymore if that player farms all the World Bosses solo while the rest of the server (the people who really need the proof to get better gear and must work together to achieve that) looses the access to that resource (except for high prices in Auction House) and need to wait on proof events...

Thus:

If someone can solo World Bosses, he should be greatly rewarded, because it is a great achievement.

There only must be a limit on how much, so other server population also can take a share.

The suggestion:

Limit the number of proofs per character to 15 a week.

I know, this will hit hard on the financials for those people who farm 50+ proofs a day.

But we live together on the server so we must share with each other.

And while i know this suggestion isn't perfect, it is a step in the right/fair direction and forces people to teamplay. :thumbup:

• Since WB proofs arent bound solo farmers could just bring an extra alt to loot the proofs for them?

Even though i dislike these 24/7 wb farmers as much as the next guy, i dont really see the need to change it (likely because i dont bother with wbs). Dont all have an equal opportunity to kill them? These guys just nerd these bosses real hard, but as far as i know any group that is able to kill wbs can challenge the wb famers.

Im sure this is not your intention, but wouldnt you limit proof events to 15 proofs/week like this too?

• Where is problem? Want proofs camp bosses all day get thier timing and kill before all can.

You can team up if needed, solo it, its up to your ability.

All this bs about fairnes is bs. Point to cry when you can go and start camp now. But who wants to spent all day waiting at bosses. And then when its up you need to react fast. Good teams can do it fast. Wana piece of proofs, work for it.

Dont ask limit, ask admins to finaly give us proof event. Its been year or more since normal proof even where all could farm as much they want.

There you could make all your gear you need.

Also lets asume there would be 4 teams farming wolrd bosses. Two players per team. There is not much bosses out there so even if one team kill 2 bosses its still not even near enough to pull stat. Cause you must split proofs to be fair for your team. So it would take some time till you can pull stat. Unless your team are faster then other and get almoust all boses per day.

ITS easier to make tiers and sell and buy proofs then camp all day, fights vs other teams, use lot of buffs and foods to get boss down. Maybe even golden hammers or tp runes, protal runes. Well there is lot of things needed to be compatetive.

When you can just make gold and buy. Other problem that guys will not sell proofs. Like some are hoarding them so hard.

Edited once, last by Terrag ().

• and when your team fight WB instant guild war come whit free PK and you cant even declare :)

simple problem solve made all proof bound then who has proof feel free sell stat after instead of proof whit more ingame event /year after bound proof trust me less and less wb killer ingame :)

• 15 proofs for a person for one week is nonsense tbh.

First thing number ot proofs from the wbs should be changed, cause 5 is a joke when items on the current level cost 15. GF/RW should change lvl, hp, def/mdef of worldbosses or make proofs drop from some ini. For me sardo event was pretty good, cause people actually needed to be there and do that, rarely solo, but mostly in party with other people - that's what mmo is about, playing with other people. But for some reason they changed it - IDK why.

I won't be writing more in this case, cause it's all just wishful thinking, cause propably nothing will change, cause in this game rarely anything changes. Players are treated like enemies or just bags of money that should be drained to the bottom.

• There is rummors if you kill wolrd boss on lvl they are or lower that it drops 15 proofs.

Lets make world boss area PK. Like lets say 500m around wolrd boss its red area where you can kill and fight for it. Ofc guild war could work, but you must do it for very little hours or you will get banned for harassment. Prob for 30 min guild war you will be banned.

Hell you cant even pulll boss from the one who buffs for killing cause you will get banned.

You cant use alts cause you will get banned.

You cant use game features cause you will get banned.

What it lead to. That there could be so much fun moments to how to play game and tactics to get bosses or dominate other areas like tempest event. But all those are stoped by GMS.

This game is kinda not for kids. Cause kids cant aford +20 jewel rng. Yet all those protections is bs. Also this rng thing should be reported somewhere as gambling is not alowed in some contrys. Yet plusing rng is poor gambling and should be stoped.

I often try to promote ROM with some fun video. But even recent video made problems :D.

SO this game runs some hardcore mamas. Whic are so protecting that it ruins all chanse for fun content. And believe me SW videos is so boring thees day that none whatch them.

LET players play the game. We are not at primary school. Let players change game like they want. Then there would be so much more fun and crying :D

Like what game could offer to be more fun that some top streamer or content creators would come and up our nummbers of players? Or how they protect thier curent contet creators?

Besides all day grind, boring inis, 1 sw there is nothing. There is no moves allowed to make your day diferent then others. Now at some stat even events are so boring or ussles that im sure 50% of players dont do them.

So you cant realy show anything that other didnot seen and not get punished. And now we wonder why games are closing. Probably cause it runned by not very smart people. Which are not interested in game rather then some laugh at irc or discord.

Edited once, last by Terrag ().

• Or a better solution, worldbosses should maintain their current level and values as a minimum threshold, and they should scale to the level of the player with the highest level fighting it, and add a rage timer. That would make it much harder to solo. Can even drop 10 proofs then.

Edited 2 times, last by cab ().

• There is rummors if you kill wolrd boss on lvl they are or lower that it drops 15 proofs.

That's not a rumor, that's how the mechanic worked ever since those bosses were introduced.

from ancient memory:

boss 3+ lvl above highest participating player => 15 poms

boss maximum 1 level lower than highest highest participating player => 10

if players are 2 or more levels higher than the boss > 5

The bosses were introduced at LevelCap 72 with the first bosses being Level 75 (and higher with Zalkenrys and later bosses like Kolanda and Taren) - and they dropped 15.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• Cab are you joke? rage time on wb when is just a few sec and down? "solo" is not solo not a single dds able to do crazy dps w/o buff alts...repeat self just bound it and all problem solve on it

• Where is problem? Want proofs camp bosses all day get thier timing and kill before all can.

Are you serious saying this?

Are you aware that an important category of players was the category of players who work and have a family and who on the short leasure moments simply hope to play for fun.

This category is important because it were these players who bought diamonds, those for whom f2p end-game players cry on world channel, and incidentally provided income for the publisher and garantied the game is still avalaible.

Your reasoning deprive this category of whole sections of the game. I suggest that Game Forge thinks about all that he has lost letting players like you monopolize whole sections of game because of greed...

So, if world bosses are reserved for nolifes who camp throughout the day, it seems to me that Game Forge should find a solution so that players who have a life and pay with euros can also have access to proof of myth, world boss quests and world boss titles...

Rather than privilege players whom money is monkey's currency : tricks, abuses, morgue and misbehavior...

Concerning PoM, events was not so bad, at least the faithfull customers had also their chance.

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• We all have life :d But if you wana share at world boss proofs you must work for it.

Else as i said before, do your dailys with 30x alts and buy proofs of someone sells. And ask for normal proof event. Where you can farm all your

proofs you need . But again you will cry cause you cant farm proof event cause you have family.

And believe me im not who monopoly world bosses. For Vidar there is one guy GM friend. All new boss rules was made for him. So only he can take all and he was warned at right spot to stop alt thing and he can easily ban your for minor thigs. Well who knows maybe he is somekinda of GM even.

• Yes I understand your life is to play and watch day long if a world boss is here. What you call "work for it"...

My life is at the most, 2 hours playing a day the good days...

And with 30 alts you earn 15 millions PO a day at Kashaylan. How many days to buy a WB stat ?

Don't worry you will soon be alone playing with yourself and nobody will contradict you. If not already done...

"En vérité la Présence était Rose et en forme de Licorne. Mais si puissante était-Elle, que je ne pus la contempler. Aussi, la nommons-nous la Licorne Invisible Rose ; sa présence est trop incommensurable pour que nos faibles yeux la voient et nos faibles esprits la conçoivent. C'est par notre foi que nous savons qu'Elle est Rose, et qu'Elle est une Licorne. Et vraiment ceux qui disent le contraire sont des hérétiques et des infidèles !"

• 15kk + clean stones so its not bad profit.

You play 2 hours at "good days" so even less in reality but you wana your share?

At work you also work two or less hours and go to boss and cry for pay for full shift? Probably no, you work cause you need money, its your goal.

Same at ROM it depends on your goal. You are hobby player. WIth that time you max can do some dailys, chit chat with guildys, maybe some 1-2 ini runs or sw. SO why you need wolrd boses? For gear? You cant be top geared guy with less then 2h per day if you dont put in $.

In games its either time or money. OR both if wana be realy good geared.

Still even you have gear you must know how to use it. I have seen geared players, X runes on so. But they cant do dmg or plays some strange class which is not meta.

If you play for fun then let it be fun and dont get greedy. If you go for top then go, put in money time and fight for it. Thats the most fun when it comes hard way. As i wrote before, this game is so nooby favored. Like every real fun action is stoped by GMs. Like there is no way to make your day diferent then others in game and have some realy good content. SO SAD that we are at kindergarden!!!