Transfer from catchup server

Welcome to the forums of Runes of Magic EN & US

Rules and Guidelines: Game Rules - Community Guidelines - Terms of Use - RoM Servers Status

Customer Support: EN/EU Customer Support - US Customer Support

Get in touch with us: Join our Discord!
  • how do you transfer from the catch up server character is now level 85 and I want to move to a regular server

• I tried to login on the catchup server today (jan 30th) but its no longer there? I thought we had today also. What happened? Where is my toon, I was level 83 so I could have made it to 85 in 2 hours.

Helppppppp.

Tks

• I read that earlier trying to figure out why the server wasn't available anymore. But the orirignal annouceement about the possibility of this catchup server said until jan 30th, which should end at midnight on that day not at 1 am which is the begining of that day. It's ridiculus. Further more I bought diasmonds on that toon and didn't spend them all, how do I get them back? I also bought a mount, how do I get that back, plus wings, fusions stones, etc...?????????

• You can find information about the closing of the catch up server here [Maintenance - 30.01.2020].

Wow, was that an automated answering machine??

No, I am not a machine *solves I am not a robot captcha *.

The time of day when the catch up servers are closed were not defined until the maintenance so everyone assumed they will close at midnight. But unfortunately they closed earlier in the day.

• I read that earlier trying to figure out why the server wasn't available anymore. But the orirignal annouceement about the possibility of this catchup server said until jan 30th, which should end at midnight on that day not at 1 am which is the begining of that day. It's ridiculus. Further more I bought diasmonds on that toon and didn't spend them all, how do I get them back? I also bought a mount, how do I get that back, plus wings, fusions stones, etc...?????????

Any unspent diamonds will be available to you once you create a new character on a server of your choice.

(Also not an automated answer.)

• I dont think that's acceptable. I did spend dias on the pretence that my toon would get transfered and what I bought was to help it to gett to 85. I added stats (yellow) on the wings, runes on the staff and the wings because there were no way I could kill stuff with only the blue gear. And even so I had to pair up with other players to complete some quests to hard to do solo,on the 29th. And why would I want to create an other toon again? Just transfer my catchup toon with everything it has on him and in his backpack and bank. Probleme solved.

• Earlier? That's an understatment, 23 hours ealier...And like you said "everyone" assumed. That should tell you that you guys made a mistake and cheated us.

• Hello :)

Let me add my humble 'three cents'.

We all know (or at least - some a bit more experienced players should know), that every serious change in the game requires a maintenance break to implement that specific change. As far as I can imagine, closing a server (like Catch-up server) is such a change in the game. So... Maybe I am a genius, but when I first read this post (yeah, it is on Polish forum, but you guys have the same on yours):

Wbijaj na serwer catch-up!

especially that statement:

Tymczasowe serwery catch-up będą otwarte od 18.12.2019 do 30.01.2020.

... I just knew, that there should be a maintenance on 30.01.2020. Just because it seems logical and necessary to introduce such a big change as shutting down the server. What is more, I am even a greater genius, 'cause I know, that a maintenance is usually (well, always?) held at 8.00. And then I used my grey cells in my brain to simply deduce such a fact:

"Catch-up" server will last open until eight o'clock in the morning, 30.01.2020"

It is THAT simple. And on the other hand, THAT complicated.

But me is just me. I'm a bad, malicious and selfish druid who sometimes thinks. Even when it hurts.

• I normally agree with this sort of sentiment, but in this case I think that there were errors on GF's part. The maintenance was announced on the 27th, so 3 days before the server closed down. That really isn't a lot of notice and a lot of players do not check the forums. In fact if you announced a proof event only on the forums (and not the launcher as well) then probably 80% of the playerbase wouldn't know about it until somebody else told them.

So in this case I do think it's unfair that for example, players who were lvl 83 (one guy at least) and planning to level to 85 during the rest of the 30th would have their chars deleted. Hopefully support will make exceptions.

At the end of the day turning away players that have spent time + money is just a bad idea generally, especially for a game with a declining population like ROM.

• I normally agree with this sort of sentiment, but in this case I think that there were errors on GF's part. The maintenance was announced on the 27th, so 3 days before the server closed down. That really isn't a lot of notice and a lot of players do not check the forums. In fact if you announced a proof event only on the forums (and not the launcher as well) then probably 80% of the playerbase wouldn't know about it until somebody else told them.

So in this case I do think it's unfair that for example, players who were lvl 83 (one guy at least) and planning to level to 85 during the rest of the 30th would have their chars deleted. Hopefully support will make exceptions.

At the end of the day turning away players that have spent time + money is just a bad idea generally, especially for a game with a declining population like ROM.

there was maintenance before the server opened and announcement about how long the server will be online before it gets deleted (almost 2 moths before the server shutdown). people who don't read info about changes take the risk in every game so if they lose or miss something its not the developers fault. i have not yet played a game that announce patch notes when i open my game with big letters in the screen, there is a news section at the launcher when you open it and if you click on it it usually leads you to forums or patchnotes, worked fine 11 years before catchup server.

there was maintenance before the server opened and announcement about how long the server will be online before it gets deleted (almost 2 moths before the server shutdown). people who don't read info about changes take the risk in every game so if they lose or miss something its not the developers fault. i have not yet played a game that announce patch notes when i open my game with big letters in the screen, there is a news section at the launcher when you open it and if you click on it it usually leads you to forums or patchnotes, worked fine 11 years before catchup server.

Usually when they make an event they specify at what time on the ending date it will happen. The original annoncement of the catchup server didn't specify the time it would end. It said, until the 30th which for me and some others, a day still last 24hours in my world. Tha being said, how about thsi, why was the maintnance had to happen at that time on that day? Why not wait on the 31st at 8:00, which is 1 ocklock AM for me. What was the rush? The problem would have been avoided, simple math.

• there was maintenance before the server opened and announcement about how long the server will be online before it gets deleted (almost 2 moths before the server shutdown). people who don't read info about changes take the risk in every game so if they lose or miss something its not the developers fault. i have not yet played a game that announce patch notes when i open my game with big letters in the screen, there is a news section at the launcher when you open it and if you click on it it usually leads you to forums or patchnotes, worked fine 11 years before catchup server.

Usually when they make an event they specify at what time on the ending date it will happen. The original annoncement of the catchup server didn't specify the time it would end. It said, until the 30th which for me and some others, a day still last 24hours in my world. Tha being said, how about thsi, why was the maintnance had to happen at that time on that day? Why not wait on the 31st at 8:00, which is 1 ocklock AM for me. What was the rush? The problem would have been avoided, simple math.

Maintenance starts at the same time for the past ten years. The server was opened with maintenance and it was closed with maintenance. The company publishing this game doesn't live above everyone's world. In matters of time there is only one world. We know it as CET Central Europe Time.

• Maybe Elleaves did mean something like this:

Between Friday, October 11th , 00:00 AM (server local time) and Sunday, October 13rd, 11:59 PM (server local time), there will be an experience and talent point event! During this period, all experience gained from quests and combat will be increased by 100% while talent points gained from combat will be increased by 250%.

Not sure what time this is where you are? Check https://time.is/Berlin

• there was maintenance before the server opened and announcement about how long the server will be online before it gets deleted (almost 2 moths before the server shutdown). people who don't read info about changes take the risk in every game so if they lose or miss something its not the developers fault. i have not yet played a game that announce patch notes when i open my game with big letters in the screen, there is a news section at the launcher when you open it and if you click on it it usually leads you to forums or patchnotes, worked fine 11 years before catchup server.

Maintenance starts at the same time for the past ten years. The server was opened with maintenance and it was closed with maintenance. The company publishing this game doesn't live above everyone's world. In matters of time there is only one world. We know it as CET Central Europe Time.

Edited once, last by Elleaves: WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT TIME BUT ABOUT DATE..GEEZ.. Get with the program. ().

• No it asen't. I'm been playing this game for over 10 years at it is. And no maintenance wasn't always at the same day. The time I dont care about as long as the date was respected. (the 30th, 24 hours in day). So to wait for the 31th at the damn hour they wanted would not have created this problem. I mean it couldn't be any more clearer then this. Case closed.

• Hello,

The fact stay,

from December 18 until January 27 there was not clear announcement about the closure of the Catch up server, no 23,59 (server time) or (until maintenance) as usually there is one. Only in the last post, 3 days ahead the server shut down, announced it precisely.

So, if there is a vote on this matter, my goes to the player (customer) side ;)

If there is no willingness or possibility to help all and transfer entire player base, a politely demand to do so for ones that are clearly concerned by this fact, e.g. Elleaves

• Korin

Changed the title of the thread from “transfer form catchup server” to “Transfer from catchup server”.
  • Thank you, and I did ask (ticket, and they haven't answered yet) and my concern was also for the fact that I did buy dias on that toon to help me along and get to 85. (wings, mana stones, perm. mount, even gashas, runes, etc..) I still have unused dias also and for me to lose all that because they could'T wait to the 31st a 8 am there time is totaly unexplainable. They could just transfer the toon as is. And there's also the principale of respecting there client (I'm a paying customer for God sake). I do hope they will get back to me on my ticket before the 13th of Feb cause for what I understand the toons will be deleted. And I'm not the only one in this boat.