Can't download game

• I am a long time player of RoM, but have been away from the game for a while and have bought a new computer since I last played. When I try to download a new copy of the game to install I can't download one. It says that I need to install the Gameforge client, which I did, but when I launch it, it refuses to let me log in, even though I have just registered with the bloody thing!!!

Is there is a way to download the game without the Gameforge client? (A totally unnecessary piece of crap that will never be used for anything else and that I never had to use to run the game before)

• I don't have a steam account (I refuse to touch any form of DRM) and yes I did register with GF client, against my better judgement, although I am not sure whether I will come back to stay now, it depends on how intrusive the GF client is!

• I can't say it's intrusive. You can start any GF game from it, including RoM. You can kill it after you launch RoM, but if you crash, you will have to start it again in order to launch RoM. I personally like it, because once I log in to it, I only have to enter secondary password in RoM, and if RoM crashes, I can quickly start it again without entering any passwords at all cause I'm already logged in to GF client.