please copy all pages to the new forum

• Are you really not going to copy the old pages to the new forum? :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

I understand that for now the old forum can be read and searched but probably one day you will delete it, right? This will be a sad day. No class guides, no festival guides, no hints for macros, no hints for quests... Just great... ;(

------------- NAWIA - najlepszy polski serwer! ;) -------------

• Any user is able and open to copying important information. We've had some assistance with this from a couple of community members. If you need a certain thing from the old forum(s), please do your part and copy it to the new.

Thanks,

• nor time

So there's a communicated death point for the old forum already?

There is a communicated point of us (the team) telling you (the players) that we are doing this in our free time and we don't have so much of mentioned time on our hands.

• a) what Sharkas said.

to emphasize this further:

b) 176 435 threads - 1 633 623 posts. (that is, with my usergroup, mind you, your numbers in the footer may differ).

NOBODY in his or her right mind is going to copy ALL of that over here, MANUALLY. Even if the cut-off date for the old forum would be Q4/2030.

Since a full import is not an option otherwise we would not be having this discussion in the first place, it is what it is. Threads deemed important will continued to be copied by either teamlers or users as their respective time allows, and that's about it.

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• b) 176 435 threads - 1 633 623 posts. (that is, with my usergroup, mind you, your numbers in the footer may differ).

NOBODY in his or her right mind is going to copy ALL of that over here, MANUALLY. Even if the cut-off date for the old forum would be Q4/2030.

Aye, ain#T it funny then that the forum closes TODAY then? GF made a sweet decision for honoring 176k threads of users's hours of time, eh? *shakes head*

• well, not manually, but brute force seems to have worked - somewhat, at least :D see Noch nicht kopierte, wichtige Threads aus dem alten Forum

[This user speaks English on a near native level.]

[This user speaks German on a native level.]

[This user can curse in a variety of languages.]

In the beginning the Universe was created.

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

Trust me, I'm an engineer.....with epic skill and epic gear

• seems to have worked

Donm't you tell me all data will be transfered! P-p-please?! :-/

Some players tried to download most pages of the old forum onto their hard drives, now they will see if there is a way to prodive this information to everybody else. It will probably be not a nice format and it will surely not be transferred into this forum :(

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• I've looked at the thread linked by Saito above and I'm really impressed - great that you have put so much effort into this! :)

I hope this somehow will end up with a read-only copy of all old threads available to everyone.

But for now: what is the status? How can I/we help?

------------- NAWIA - najlepszy polski serwer! ;) -------------

Edited once, last by uure ().

• web.archive.org does have the whole thing, as it was on it's last day.

Wiki.png?version=4b4e55609c0a0a40661789aa561decddBludwyng [The RoM Wiki-Ferret]

Mithrandyr (Wd/D/S), Bludwyng (W/M), Elbehreth (M/D/S), Giblet (Wk/P/M), Grymjack (K/W), Donaldubh (R/S/P), & Reuxpierre (Ch/M/W), Malcontent (M/R/Wk), Bludborne (W/R), Wikiferret (P/M), Romwiki (M/D/Wd), Kerfuffle (C/M), & Carboncopy (P/Wk) on Ayvenas

Admin of The RoM Wiki at https://runesofmagic.fandom.com

Steam profile: Bludwyng

• web.archive.org does have the whole thing, as it was on it's last day.

No, it doesn't.

It has a lot of pages where it got errors (I think 503) on crawl time and only has an error page.

But for now: what is the status? How can I/we help?

I'm interested, too ;)

The ships hung in the sky in much the same way that bricks don’t.

Douglas Adams in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

• Novar

Closed the thread.